style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have opened this thread to say goodbye to a fellow Cagger who is well respected on this site.

Curlyben has advised that he will no longer be a member of CAG :-(

It is only fitting that he get a good send off and I wanted to be the first to give my thanks to him for all his hard work and excellent posts in his time on CAG and for the invaluable advice he has given me.

I know no one is indispensable but he is going to be very difficult to replace imo. His posts were not only informative but extremely accurate and to the point, leaving you in no doubt as to their validity obviously gained through hours of research and personal experience.

So Ben, this is to say many, many thanks for your hard work and I wish you well in all that you do - even if you can't spell :p:D

funny-monkey-4.jpg

Beer time methinks :lol:

PS - If anyone is in need of urgent help from Ben, however, just e-mail me and I will happily pass your message on ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of your help Ben. You will be sadly missed.

crying-tag-anim.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi, Bo.

Yes, I was also Gutted at the news. Ben helped me so many times on threads I will miss him loads. :(

I think he's going to try and finish the cases he's been working on, then call it a day.

I for one, hope he has nothing but good times ahead, him and his family.:-)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

All the best CB!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Ben will be missed. He has helped so many get out of very difficult positions with the DCA's.

I wish him and his family health, wealth and happiness.

Ben, don't be a stranger. You have a lot of friends here.

Good luck

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I for one am really sorry to see you leaving. :(

But don't worry, you will still be hearing from me...:p

Good luck with everything you do, and i hope you wont be a total stranger on here. xxx

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ben was well respected, not only on the forums, but also by the team.

He will be missed.

Good luck, Ben.

;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Lots of love CB.

Can't think of anything fitting to say, other than "Ook".

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I can only add my sorrow at Ben leaving.

He will be missed by a lot people on here.

So sorry to see you go Ben, good luck on whatever you do next, a lot of people can be greatfull of your advice. Be happy and we are all thinking of you !

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Lol Tiglet :D

It took me a while, but I reckon Ben must've done a lot of research before deciding on a username for CAG and I'd never heard of Discworld, not having kids :eek: So it was certainly an eyeopener for me but very appropriate for Ben methinks ;)

The Librarian (Discworld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I didn't think you were allowed to hand in your notice;).

Another big thanks from me for all the wonderful help you have given me and many many others. You will be missed. And years from now people will still be sending out 'curlyben' letters to put those DCAs in their place:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Oh Ben..what sad news! What will we do without the library! But thank you so much for all the help you have given everybody which then filters down when others read the threads.. you've been a star - enjoy the family (they'll cost you more than the banks!)

When I saw the title goodbye Ben -- (I didn't know any other Bens, but) was hoping it wasn't going to be goodbye to CB. :(

His advice has been fantastic, and his letters ... the "CB specials" are spot on and do the trick:cool: .

Will miss you CB.

Good luck x :)

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Ben.

U will be sadly missed by me. I love your blunt and straight to the point letters and i am glad i have a few to send these idiots who think they know best.

the only better letters are my specials which general say the same in fewer words. Plenty of times you have advised me not to send one of my specials but to send one of yours.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

CB, you will be sorely missed and I say a heartfelt and sincere thank you for the help you have given me.

I wish you and your family all the very best for the future :D

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Maybe we should have a sticky dedicated to the librarian himself - especially all of his letters.

Or am I just being sentimental?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well, Mr Tiglet and I are about to pop some champers i got from my birthday (haven't been able to drink all week) so here's a toast to Mr Curlyben!

"Crazy name, crazy guy"

thank you so much curlyben for all the help you've given me with lowells. i'm still battling them a year on, but hopefully i'll win in the end.

your advice and help has been fantastic. thank you so much again and the very best of luck and good wishes.

I have to say... that it seems a bit strange how a lot of well-respected people seem to have been de-moted lately and/or are leaving the site altogether....

Is anyone brave enough to discuss what may really be going on here ?

:cool:

I don't think taht's fair honey - if CB or anyone else feels they ahve anything to say then it's up to them to say it, not for anyone else to speculate.

Sometimes, other things do just get in the way - i know i haven't been around much lately because of things going on in my life and I would only ever assume that was the case unless someone said something directly.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks