Inside a DCA!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sic the answers you want are all over this site

All it takes is a little time & trouble, on your part, reading through various threads.

The 1st bit of advice I can give is that DCA's don't give a toss about procedures or what is or what isn't legal they will do wherever it takes including lie, cheat, assault & even commit burglary if they think they can get away with it

Never ever talk to the on the phone or at the door unless you can audio record the conversation

Never ever sign any correspondence only print you name

Never ever give them any information no matter how innocuous the query might seem at the time (They cannot demand you ID yourself only a copper can)

Never ever trust a DCA or it's agents

The only way you are going to put a complete stop to their shenanigans is to not only threaten them but also to do it. - Report them to TS the OFT & the Information Commissioners Office then if that don't work issue proceedings in the county court for harassment & at the same time seeking an order stopping them from processing your data - otherwise they will simply 'sell' your account to another DCA & the process will start all over again

foot note

To them it matters not one jot who's responsible as long as someone, anyone pays & here's an example:-

Currently I know of 2 pensioners who have been paying a debt for over a decade for which they have no liability whatsoever. I don't mean the debt is unenforceable I mean no liability because they never ever borrowed the money a relative did & the pensioners never signed any documents

When this relative stopped paying they where told that because their address had been used they where liable so have been paying this unsecured debt for almost 14 years.

Being proud folk this appalling state of affairs only came to light when another relative was visiting at the time of the 'collector'

When this well known lender was taken to task they cancelled the account but are refusing to refund the large sums of monies already paid

To them "See you in court real soon you barstewards" when your going to be well & truly screwed - I promise"

added too

Apparently it still is ... unless CAG is just playing up this afternoon.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks JonCris for your comments. Appreciate thread is full of info, but I do try to make the time and effort to find what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I was trying to reply to the question posed by OTB as I'm interested in the Very Important Point about DCA's that he may be about to share with the forum.

Good evening to you all.

I actually think all you comments regarding my recent posts have been rather 'tame', because I have been a bit naughty these last few days.

It was actually this post that really got me thinking :rolleyes:

and I must apologise to Slc79 for using the original question to move the thread in a direction I needed to go in order to highlight a very important point regarding DCAs. A point I will return to over the weekend.

But a brief intro: If you have followed this thread from the start you will notice my comments about 'doorstep calls' (post 566) was out of character to all previous post, and that was deliberate, and a bit Machiavellian (I have never knocked on anyones door 8-) ). But I would ask you read the post again and see if you can see where I'm going, and the point I'm making. look at the tone, and content (what does it remind you of?).

I'll let you think about that Saturday and then I'll explain before submitting my latest insight 'Legal loopholes'. After which it will all make sense.

I think we're all very interested in OTB's revelations.

sorry to hear you're having such a tough time slc79 - if you want to start your own thread and then PM me to let me know, I (and others) will be more than happy to have a look for you and give you some advice without it getting lost in this extremely interesting thread.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I really do doubt there's any 'very important points' that this site & others hasn't already dealt with at one time or another

& the advice I have given you in post 602 comes from many years of experience dealing with these clowns

I fear we may lose a source of information with some of these negative comments.

I can understand the frustration of wanting to 'cut to the chase' as quickly as possible.

Can I just ask OTB to please remember and be considerate of the fact that a lot of us here have been extremely hurt and damaged (psychologically as well as financially) by DCAs.

For some posters, please don't fall for the 'not invented here syndrome' before you've seen the evidence. (This is meant in a constructive way so please don't lay into me!)

With that in mind OTB, all we want (I think) is less Machiavelli and more straight info, without compromising you.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

What can I say newborn but that through my employment I've been involved with DCA's for more years than I care to remember & I can tell you nothing that was 'exposed' was new 10 minutes of research on this site alone will confirm that.

I lost the will to live when we got that nonsense about being Machiavellian.........what was that about & stating he forced his way into a debtors home claiming it was legal. Then when reproached by me trying to claim "I didn't mean it folks I said it because I wanted to see your reaction".

Plus the giving of info by instalments, what the hell was that about. It was like watching a bad 2 reel movie

As I have already stated none of the information I gleaned was new & if members care to take the time & do a little research on this site they will find that what I say is correct

No I think we have all been led well & truly up the garden path & it's just as well that it's been exposed before members actually started to act on the advice then found themselves up sh*t street without a paddle

What can I say newborn but that through my employment I've been involved with DCA's for more years than I care to remember & I can tell you nothing that was 'exposed' was new 10 minutes of research on this site alone will confirm that.

I lost the will to live when we got that nonsense about being Machiavellian.........what was that about & stating he forced his way into a debtors home claiming it was legal. Then when reproached by me trying to claim "I didn't mean it folks I said it because I wanted to see your reaction".

Plus the giving of info by instalments, what the hell was that about. It was like watching a bad 2 reel movie

As I have already stated none of the information I gleaned was new & if members care to take the time & do a little research on this site they will find that what I say is correct

No I think we have all been led well & truly up the garden path & it's just as well that it's been exposed before members actually started to act on the advice then found themselves up sh*t street without a paddle

:shock:

I USED THE INFORMATION GIVEN BY OTB AND I BEAT THE DCA IF IT WASN`T FOR OTB I WOULD BE STILL SCRACHING MY REAR WONDERING WHAT TO DO----- THANK YOU OTB :grin:

Hi JonCris,

I do not want to be divisive or confrontational.

I just want good clear advice and help, and where possible reciprocate.

That's all.

All I have seen thus far from OTB is a reinforcement of what we know already (nothing bad there). Mixed with a performer milking the punch line a bit heavily.

I would like to know what the punch line is.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Again a harsh and over-exaggerated interpretation. Nowhere does he say anything about forcing his way into peoples homes or even claiming it was legal, in fact just the opposite. What OTB actually said was:

I would NEVER demand anything off anyone. We live in a free world and we all make our own choices. When I did my home visit work I saw it as give and take, and would give all the information I had (name, previous address of debtor, debt amount outstanding and the OC), and then asked to confirm they were not the person I was looking for - 95% of the people not only gave me the confirmation required but would often furnish additional information including forwarding address or estate agents details.

Some of you may argue 'what about my rights under the data protection act, which doesn't allow you to share my information with a stranger', but, I'm sorry - if the debtor has done a runner then so be it, they left their 'privacy' at the front door when they left, and so I'm happy to share what I know FIRST before requesting information.

If someone knocked on my door and said 'I'm looking for Mr X who are you, I wouldn't be polite either to be honest.

I don't believe that for one minute

Hi JonCris,

I do not want to be divisive or confrontational.

I just want good clear advice and help, and where possible reciprocate.

That's all.

All I have seen thus far from OTB is a reinforcement of what we know already (nothing bad there). Mixed with a performer milking the punch line a bit heavily.

I would like to know what the punch line is.

Newborn

Hi Newborn,

I am not so sure there was a punchline, if there was, surely it would have been quicker and easier to deliver it instead of going around the houses.

Also, the statement "I give up" after questioning his morals instead of proving his sincerity, speaks volumes. IMHO

He Will Be Back

POSTS NOT BEING ANSWER PLEASE HELP

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON PHONE

WELCOME TO C.A.G

Forum-Rules-Please-Read

-----------------------------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

Thank You blue:grin:

He Will Be Back

POSTS NOT BEING ANSWER PLEASE HELP

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON PHONE

WELCOME TO C.A.G

Forum-Rules-Please-Read

-----------------------------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

Thank You blue:grin:

I wait with baited breath!

He Will Be Back

...as will Rameses, Boy oh Boy, MoneyMoneyMoney, Pashion, etc, etc, etc.

In the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is King. (In regione caecorum rex est luscus)

OTB was not unique as a DCA employee posting on CAG, just a different approach. Maybe it was genuine, maybe not, but imagine the hilarity in DCA land to see everyone follow it through like the latest 'Harry Potter' novel only to be told at the end "I can walk in your house when I feel like it and you're all a bunch of scroungers anyway." What a punchline!!!

My apologies in advance to OTB if it was a genuine effort to help those struggling with a DCA or Purchaser, no personal offence was intended.:)

It was a very good read while lasted though!!

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I would NEVER demand anything off anyone. We live in a free world and we all make our own choices. When I did my home visit work I saw it as give and take, and would give all the information I had (name, previous address of debtor, debt amount outstanding and the OC), and then asked to confirm they were not the person I was looking for - 95% of the people not only gave me the confirmation required but would often furnish additional information including forwarding address or estate agents details.

Some of you may argue 'what about my rights under the data protection act, which doesn't allow you to share my information with a stranger', but, I'm sorry - if the debtor has done a runner then so be it, they left their 'privacy' at the front door when they left, and so I'm happy to share what I know FIRST before requesting information.

If someone knocked on my door and said 'I'm looking for Mr X who are you, I wouldn't be polite either to be honest.

This is precisely where the industry staff training lets itself down - any informed member of staff would know this is completely wrong. No DCA or DCA agent should do this and share "personal data" with anyone else.

OTB - working as field collection agent in this manner your job is to knock a door see if a person is there - NOT to divulge any persons personal information. Could you explain where in any law it states that if a person "moves home" they lose any rights to privacy - I'd be interested to see which laws back your theory.

Just goes to show what some will do to earn a commission. Hardly surprising that people have such attitudes towards DCA's staff is it?

What does make me laugh though is - many of us where someone knocks a door asking for a neighbour / previous person who lived at an address would be pretty quick off the mark and send the DCA/person asking somewhere "way off the mark" :lol::lol:

For instance my former neighbours have emmigrated to Spain if anyone asks :lol: (I know exactly where they are) Theory is if my old neighbours wanted to be in touch with some company - they'd have already given new address etc.. themselves. So realistically putting the squeeze on people doesn't always work - cause there are always those willing to help out and fight against these data spilling fools he think they are above the law themselves.

• Haha 1

elizabeth i agree.

At a previous address for 6 mths i was getting the local police force knocking at my door as the previous tenants had not shown up in court.

They even turned up with a arrest warrent and told me they were here to arrest MR XX and demanded to know where he was.

so i handed them his mail and said if you find him give him this.

I had also had dcas threatening to take the landlords stuff and everything because he had done a runner. good knows why they did not listen the first time.

Now 5 years later i am going threw the same again with the previous teneants of this property but thanks to cag i have now found out my rites and now they have to provide me with the required documents to search the house to see if he is hear let alone any thing else.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

elizabeth i agree.

At a previous address for 6 mths i was getting the local police force knocking at my door as the previous tenants had not shown up in court.

They even turned up with a arrest warrent and told me they were here to arrest MR XX and demanded to know where he was.

so i handed them his mail and said if you find him give him this.

I had also had dcas threatening to take the landlords stuff and everything because he had done a runner. good knows why they did not listen the first time.

Now 5 years later i am going threw the same again with the previous teneants of this property but thanks to cag i have now found out my rites and now they have to provide me with the required documents to search the house to see if he is hear let alone any thing else.

So can the OP help with this situation?

I, for one, am anxious to be proved wrong.

Hiya Godmother,

That's funny giving policeman the mail LOL Sometimes it's hard to make these companies realise they have to act within legal boundaries too - seems they have had decades of having free reign and doing as they please to people - ha ha nice that we now have CAG and other places to seek advice from isn't it? These companies must be really frustrated when they come across informed people who tell them to sling their hooks :lol:

I just think sometimes these DCA's are unscrupulous in their "research" methods especially when they phone neighbours etc.. trying to get information and the stuff OTB says etc.. - it's all a bit nasty in my mind.

I have been in here a longtime now and have read some nasty stuff happen to people. Places like this are making a difference to many people in many respects and everyday we read of more successes. We are making a difference and things will change albeit slowly.

BUT I sure hope the future brings a lot more of "US" and a lot less of "THEM" :D

well i was not making a special trip to the ost box for someone i dont know.

The only time i made a trip for this guy was to take the mail back to the bank but i was with that bank and i was not a special trip as i would be going there.

i am still waiting for an appology from the police complaint i made at the time.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well i was not making a special trip to the ost box for someone i dont know.

The only time i made a trip for this guy was to take the mail back to the bank but i was with that bank and i was not a special trip as i would be going there.

i am still waiting for an appology from the police complaint i made at the time.

Perhaps the Police see no reason to apologise - they are perhaps like these DCA's a law unto themselves and think they can do as they please?

OTB having posted that point of how she'll try get information about people by divulging personal information etc.. - it's precisely that type of behaviour that CAGGER's, Cabot Fan Club and other forums are trying to stop.

These people are not above the law at all and as much as complaints appear to be ignored we should keep complaining and making our voices heard - if nothing else it's paperwork on someones desk?

Yeah Micheal & I really like this bit particularly that in red

(quote)Some of you may argue 'what about my rights under the data protection act, which doesn't allow you to share my information with a stranger', but, I'm sorry - if the debtor has done a runner then so be it, they left their 'privacy' at the front door when they left, and so I'm happy to share what I know FIRST before requesting information.(unqoute)

I really don't know why it would be in his best interest for OTB to spend so much of his own time with a coherent and full description of what goes on in the DCA world and also to reply personally to so many PM's, if he had ulterior motives? What can he possibly gain? His information is clearly thought out and much time has obviously been spent on making it clear for all to understand. Unlike some of the other trolls who are spiteful and judgemental and certainly not as eloquent. I do hope I am not proved wrong! Come back quickly please OTB if only to put this to bed!