Dyson

honey5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not a complaint infact far from it

ive had our dyson washing machime since 2002, the first time i had to call anyone out for repair was nov 2007 , apparently the washers had been upgraded with a new chip for the board, so the man came and sorted that, waived the £80 call out charge and nothing for the upgrade :)

jan 2008 the washer started to "eat" clothes :o rang again they came out ,thought it may be the dual action on the drum, so turned that off and replaced the thermostat, again waived any charges :)

Out again yesterday as still eating clothes, and said it could take 3/4 weeks to get a replacement dual drum

I recieved a phone call from a lovely lady called Penny last night from dyson who explained she would try all she could to get a replacement drum asap. Penny rang back this morning with bad news , no drums and the waiting list is just that a waiting list :sad:

Never mind she said she understood the predicament and would like to make me an offer, she asked when the machine was bought asked how much i paid for it ??? (i cant remember how much i paid for things yesterday never mind 2002)

She looked thru the files and said she thought between £1000 and £1100, i explained no this is a white case the silver ones were that price, she said look im going to do all i can here for you (so i took that as a honey shhhh)

She said the washers were no longer in circulation and the parts therefore extremely had to come by, ok, and offered me £500 to come and take my old washer away :p

Believe me if i didnt have to part with the washer i wouldnt and would never knock dyson washers ever, its been fantastic the 6yr we have had it

Just like to say that the support from maintenance, the few times they came out, aswell as Penny via the telephone has been fantastic

well done dyson (£240 in call out charges alone waived)

(and as soon as they start to manufacture washers again ill be first in line :) )

honey x

wow excellent service:D

are you sure you're not dreaming honey5:p ,it's just so unusual to get that sort of result.

I have owned a dyson vacumm well 2 over the years and can't fault them.

i honestly couldnt complain at all, whent hey first came out to put the new chip in the washer i explained too them that my dyson hoover wasnt picking up, he said yes and i know why?????????????????? huh

he had passed the hoover going into the kitchen, he said a batch of that number dysons were fitted with the wrong brush, so low and behold didnt he just have the right size brush in the van and again fitted that free of charge :)

honey x

it certainly was very decent :) i never complained once, infact i the only time i did complain' was when they said they would take the washer away and that was after the offer was made :D

honey x

• 2 weeks later...

:) new washer arrived friday, and true to their word dyson came this morning took my old faithful away :( and cheque in pocket for £500 plussssssssssssssssss a boat load of washing powder ;)

hats off to them

honey x

Hmmm. I wish I could be as positive. I have the same washing-machine as yours, and the outer door hinge broke twice whilst under the 2 year warranty, no complaint about that (although for a £1100 machine, I'd have expected it to be a bit more solid) and he changed a few bits and bobs while there, which was aok. Last year, however, the hinge broke AGAIN and the LCD bit had pixels gone AWOL, so I had to get them out, and it cost me £85 in call-out charge, which I wasn't too happy about. :mad: (I had been meaning to have a go at them under SOGA, in fact, and it went clean out of my head! :rolleyes:)

The drums have been making a funny noise lately when the programme starts and I am getting worried that the blooming thing is going to die on me, and if it does, I definitely will be hounding them. I didn't pay 4 to 5 times the price of a regular w/machine to have it die on me within 4 years of buying it. :mad:

My sister's had a Dyson washy machine and it's had a few faults over 4 - 5 years which I think the engineer has fixed FOC each time.

Bear in mind this was their first w/m so there are bound to have been some probs over time with doors, etc.

Also, my DCO4 vaccy cleaner is the best ever and I love using it !

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)