some good news to share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been involved in a protracted battle with our friends :-|

They got a CCJ on me and a Final Charging Order.

So they could not produce CCA and we went off to a court in the south east and the judge adjourned the hearing..he liked what we said about the CCA and that they couldn't prove the debt. He was miffed with Caboot because they had not responded.

So we were asked to come back again to Court in the early part of 2008..

No need they have written and informed me that they will make no further collection attempts and they are offering no contest to have the CCJ set aside and the Final Charging Order removed.

This is a victory in excess of £15,000 made up 75% ish of CHARGES so I do not feel too bad :rolleyes:

I am obviously very pleased especially to get rid of the FCO/CCJ .

• Haha 1

Cabot - Don't feck with the Cabot Fan Club ! - You've have been warned before!

Absolutely brilliant Josh - they never learn do they? Well done for having the confidence to take it on - head-on ...

Sarah

WELL DONE -- Fantastic Result :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

They got a CCJ on me and a Final Charging Order.

So they could not produce CCA and we went off to a court in the south east and the judge adjourned the hearing..he liked what we said about the CCA and that they couldn't prove the debt. He was miffed with Caboot because they had not responded.

So we were asked to come back again to Court in the early part of 2008..

No need they have written and informed me that they will make no further collection attempts and they are offering no contest to have the CCJ set aside and the Final Charging Order removed.

I have 3 CCJ's but no CCA compliance. One has a charge on my property but i've always been told i can't do anything about it as CCJ means enforcement so how can s.127 make it unenforceable.

But your victory shows there is something that can be done.

Do you know something we don't renegotiation? It's more like Uncle Ken doing the 'writing off' at present :D

I just thought he needed someone to stick up for him. Poor Kenneth... He must feel lonely if he ever comes here. I will play my violin for him. :( :( :(

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I just thought he needed someone to stick up for him. Poor Kenneth... He must feel lonely if he ever comes here. I will play my violin for him. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Dear oh dear. Whatever you do don't feel sorry for Cabot and crew for every win you read about they are feeding off other unknown victims. Dear oh dear!

thank you all for the messages, I appreciate them

I will be sticking around....

The issue as I saw it (and I was gently warned off that I could not do this by not just this forum) was that getting a CCJ without actually legally proving your debt is wrong..they just send these claim forms in and certain bulk processing courts seem to just nod each one off without so much as a question.

So my challenge was, OK you have a CCJ but you cannot prove to me or the court that the debt is legal and in this case there was no deed either. Therefore, the CCA states clearly that they cannot pursue the debt with or without a court order..so the dilemna I put to the Judge was that they could hold this over me for the rest of my days..they cannot collect (which he accepted) and the CCJ whilst disappearing after 6 years is meaningless and effectively unenforceable because (and this has been a bit of a hot point) the CCA 1974 holds the contractual superiority and provided the foundations for the CCJ being obtained, if the basis of obtaining the CCJ was significantly flawed then the CCJ cannot hold its own..

So that it why I went for it....I do hope I make sense..

:lol: