Interesting story......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently noticed an upsuge of dodgy looking mailings offering to lend me money (ALL SOUNDLY BINNED), makes me wonder where they got my address?

Zazen, have you applied for a credit report from any of the credit reference agencies recently? CRAs, like Experian, Equifax or CallCredit?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

No great surprise to most of us but BBC NEWS | UK | Banks 'prey on customers in debt' at least it's getting some publicity.

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Publicity's good. :)

Zazen - this is a very long thread, but many people have found they get the kind of 'offer' letters you've had, after asking for a copy of their credit report:

CAG CRA S.A.R Club

Am trying to write Christmas Cards and catch up with friends and relatives, but I'm nearly bursting with anger! If we can all get through this festive season more or less intact, then next year will be the year when this country changes!! For the better, I hope!

I'm truly gobsmacked.

I wouldn't have believed such a thing was possible, in what is essentially the foundation of modern 'democracy'. :rolleyes:

So...it can happen to anyone.

Does anyone else remember when you had the choice of where your wages/salary were paid?? It wasn't unusual to get paid cash weekly or monthly, in your own hand, and completely under your own control.

Is it true you can only get benefits now, if it is paid through the account of a privately owned bank???

Can anyone else spot the problem???

How much longer will this continue before enough people decide to actively protect their own interests??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I signed up for Credit Expert, now I get E-Mails from THEM offering to broker me a christmas loan! Now surely that must be a conflict of interests.

At the moment more people are beng turned down for loans, credit cards and mortgages. Seems sensible in current debt circumstances but the banks aren't earning. This means that a lot of loan salespeople and their managers are not getting commission. But you can bet your bottom dollar (maybe not in the present fiancial climate!) that the sales force targets have not decreased, they have probably been increased. So, harangue as many people as possible into applying for debt so that as much can be thrown against the wall as possible and some (the copper bottomed and platinum lined cases) might stick!!

It's now purely about massively increasing application numbers which means harder sales techniques.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I signed up for Credit Expert, now I get E-Mails from THEM offering to broker me a christmas loan! Now surely that must be a conflict of interests.

At the moment more people are beng turned down for loans, credit cards and mortgages. Seems sensible in current debt circumstances but the banks aren't earning. This means that a lot of loan salespeople and their managers are not getting commission. But you can bet your bottom dollar (maybe not in the present fiancial climate!) that the sales force targets have not decreased, they have probably been increased. So, harangue as many people as possible into applying for debt so that as much can be thrown against the wall as possible and some (the copper bottomed and platinum lined cases) might stick!!

It's now purely about massively increasing application numbers which means harder sales techniques.

Newborn

Newborn, you're getting emails from Credit Expert - from Experian that is, offering to broker a loan?:o

DannyBoy, here's the Shelter Benefits page:

Shelter: Benefits

I think you're right. Banks rule - and they shouldn't. They've got ****all scruples, ****all compassion, ***all humanity, ***all anything decent TBH. It might just be that the 'Credit Crunch' we're watching will leave them thoroughly exposed. I really hope so.

The connections between Banks, DCAs, CRAs are all there.

my daughter last week went to the bank because she is a student and her money was a fortnight late in getting into the bank she asked could they tide her over for two weeks,,THEY REFUSED instaead they told her to use her credit card ? i was so angry and could nt bite my lip any longer and sadly i stooped to ef and bs on the phone to some moron in the bank,,lucky for me i did not reveal my name or daughters,but ti was the thought of forcing her into a debt crisis..anyway she got funds from us and did nt need to use her card..the reason she does not want to use her card is she knows that it is so easy to slip up with a card hence the reason she never uses on and if she does she pays within days of using it...ggggrrr i really hate banks

The only other way to get state benefits is to be paid into a Post Office card account. I'm not sure of the way they pay homeless people, but when I worked for the then DHSS in 1987-1989, they had to collect weekly giros from their local office.

The only other way to get state benefits is to be paid into a Post Office card account. I'm not sure of the way they pay homeless people, but when I worked for the then DHSS in 1987-1989, they had to collect weekly giros from their local office.

Indeed, you would need to get a standard letter from the job centre which you then take to the post office who open the account for you, this account can only be used to receive benefits afaik, things seem to have changed as they dont like issuing giros now a days and insist on funds going directly into an account

Yes! I did get an E-Mail from Credit Exper (Experian) offering to broker me a loan etc. I've had to reduce the content to less than 6 images as the full e-mail won't fit in the forum. The gist you can get from this:

LOANS, CREDIT CARDS, SHOPPING, MORTGAGES, ENERGY

• Receive a quick, easy and impartial service which helps you compare hundreds of loans.

• Get a free quote from an impartial broker, with no hassle or obligation.

• Cover your Christmas expenses in a way that suits you.

2007_12_05-creditcard_title.gif

Compare a range of companies

• 0% balance transfers

• Poor Credit History

• Platinum Cards

What about the Presents you need to buy for Christmas?

With CreditExpert Marketplace you can also compare your Christmas present prices online, on anything from jewellery and toys to electrical goods and video games. Marketplace shopping can help you with gift ideas and then find the best price for you.

Let CreditExpert help you with those difficult Christmas financial decisions.

Many thanks

CreditExpert

I Must say that I find this a profoundly disturbing development. Comments?

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Thats a definite conflict of interests, offering a loan, offering help with purchasing and offering credit checking too.... I'd put a report to the Advertising Standards people about this.

I've been getting ads for loan brokers in the UK via USA based companies via email, now why would a UK company go to the USA to tout for business? Doesn't make sense unless they are covering something up......