Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'defend'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 16 results

  1. Hi, My landlord is wanting to send estate agents round to value the property because he wants to put it on the market. He has not yet served me with a Section 21 notice so I have no idea when he is expecting me to vacate but I would have thought a valuation would be more realistic once the house is empty and after he can do some redecorating, etc to get it ready for selling. At the moment, we have been too stressed over searching for a new home and we have been having a mad declutter and we have half packed boxes everywhere and the housework has become less of a priority, so al
  2. Hi, I have debt from pre 2007 which, after a few years of creditors leaving me alone is now coming back to haunt me full pelt in the form of solicitors letters from Debt Collectors. I suspect this is because they have wind via the land registry that I bought my parents house two years ago (to help them secure a more affordable mortgage after their ill health prevented them from working). The last time any of these debts were acknowledged was February 2011 when a DMP made a payment on my behalf. However I do not know any more which debts are still outstanding.
  3. Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd Date of issue – What is the claim for – 1.The Claimant's claim is for the amount of £800 being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant, under a Store Cards, Credit Cards agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 between the Defendant and Vanquis Bank Plc under account reference xxxxxxx and assigned to the Claimant on 14/04/14 notice of which has been given to the Defendant. 2. The Defendant has failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been s
  4. Hi All, I have an action by Arrow Global ( debt purchasers from HSBC) claiming £8234.93 Date of service 5th June Date of expiry of period of notice 27th June 2017 I intend to defend the action and I have a few questions. 1. If I make a request for all the documents and information that Arrow Global are required by the CCA 1974 to hold and they do not supply it all within the required time ( is it 12 days?) could I get the action dismissed on the 27th? ( My understanding is that if I do not respond at all the case can be found against me on 27th) On the CONDESCENDENCE
  5. I have just gotten a Nottice of Application for Attachment of Earnings Order for a sum of just over £900 for CCJ issued in the CC busines Court Centre on behalf of Cabot Looking on my CC file i see a CCJ was obtained in summer 2015 for Cabot which after some research appears to be Welcome finance related. (i will contact Mortimer Clarke to confirm who the claimed creditor is but am pretty sure it isnt anyone else) It is the first time i have heard about this CCJ/debt. I returned my car to welcome finance in 2011 and changed address three times since then. I dont think ?I owed
  6. Hi I have just been sent a claim form for a old credit card. The card was with Barclaycard but went into default in 18/03/16 and now the debt has been taken over by mkdp llp or hoist portfolio holding 2 ltd. I have submitted a acknowledgement of service I have a couple of weeks to get a defence, do I have any grounds to defend this. I was thinking of requesting the cca as I was told the claim wont be valid if they don't have this. Any help here would be much appreciated as I really don't no what to do and cant afford to pay it
  7. Hi Caggers, I hope you can help . . . thought I was over this lot . . . I had an egg card many moons ago along with other CC's sadly when my printing company hit the wall in roughly 2008 things of course took a turn for the worst. I managed to pay off capital, spoke to barclayshark who said, you're not in arrears so we can't do anything . . . yet . . . i also paid off MBNA and pg's with the bank. I spent almost £30k paying off those and of course there was no more cash left and no income for agreements. Clearly BC and Egg don't listen and thanks to hel
  8. Hi there I am new to these forums so please do point me towards any previous threads that have dealt with my situation previously. I am 23 years old and have my own car insured in my own name (fully comp). In May 2015 my father took my car without my permission and was hit by another car. My father believed he was insured on my car but wasn't. When he realised this he admitted to the investigating police officer that he had taken the car without my permission (in my absence - I was at work) and also accepted that he did not have insurance to drive the car. He was charged and fined fo
  9. Hi, I would like some help with the process of defending a CCJ. I have looked through this site and the info on here is great but obviously this is a major issue and I want to make sure I get this right. I received a Claim Form issue date 7th Feb for £3735.96, including court fees, solicitors costs and £165.75 statutory interest pursuant to section 69. I have since checked my credit file and this does appear to be from a Lloyd's Credit Card I had about 7/ 8 years ago. My credit file shows this account as closed and I have a new open account with Lowell's fo
  10. How to defend against a charging order for council tax? I have been renting out a three-bedroom property which I own to only single people. I prefer to do this because it means less wear and tear on my property. The council appear to view this with disdain and suspicion. The council tax department have always been notified of when a tenant moves in and when a tenant moves out. For some unknown reason the council classify the property to be empty. This is despite tenants registering for council tax and paying council tax. Previous tenants council tax accounts were successfully o
  11. Hi, its my partners who suffers with mental health issues, it was for a mobile phone contract that he took out/renewed whilst psychotic, Lowell group have issued court proceddings and I really dont know what to do, he is not capable of defending it. Basically he took the phone out and flushed it down the toilet because he was so paranoid, I cancelled his DD and to be honest because he had not used it much I just thought we would get a bill for the first month but they wanted near £600. Any help would be really appreciated, He is currently on rispiredone and I can prove he was ps
  12. Hello Apoligies if I am going about this in the wrong way. On the 14th April I received a county claim form from Hadfield & Townsend solicitors on behalf of the university of westminster for fees owed of £1225 including interest £1507 Now I had a previous dispute with the university re money they owed me equating to £900. As a result of me paying fees and never receiving marks I have disputed this for nearly 2 years now. I plan on defending the ccj in full and counter flaiming for the £900 My questions are - What do you think the likely hood is that I will win my c
  13. Hey guys and girls, I've spent a few hours yesterday and an hour this morning trying to find an intent to defend a claim from my energy company npower, I believe they changed my contract illegally and they refused to really discuss the matter so after being fobbed off i just refused to pay. I owe over 2k on each account that should be a dual fuels account (my issue). each time they called i would advise to take to court to secure any futher compliance from me... ~I am dyslexic bi polar adhd and spending a couple of hours yesterday and today my anxiety has just sky rocketed. I wi
  14. Background. My Mum was being cared for by a local authority using contracted out care. The copany did not always turn up on time, stay the required time, or even turn up at all on many occasions. To compund the problem they falsified records to suggest they had. I complained but nothing was done to resolve the problems. I stopped paying the care bills to make them take notice. They didn't notice until I pointed it out. Mum passed away and I was the executor of her estate. Mum's bills consist of many elements of care, only one part (the subcontract part) which I have an issue with. I w
  15. I have just found this forum (and have to say it looks really good and helpful). I have a bankruptcy petition scheduled for monday 17th at my local court and want to know if I have any chance at all in defending it. The basic story: Had a business was doing well even though it was started after the crash we grew very quickly (to quickly) and eventually cash flow got tricky so signed a personal guarantee on a large over draft with HSBC, anyway long story short as possible. Stress of running the business made me ill, ended up in hospital with suspected heart attack (never had m
  16. Hi all, Received court claim papers Issue date 8 July 2013. States loan from 2010 – I had ignored it after rolling over at least 12 times and spiralling into problems, couldn’t afford to pay back and now got to this point. I guess my first step is to apply for more time online – will do this shortly. And then, send a letter asking for some kind of SAR/ CCA documentation. Then post back here? Many thanks for any help; I have no clue about how to approach this and if anyone has had any success with defending against a payday loan, by saying repaid many times over (r
  • Create New...