Flashed going though amber light. Have dashcam proof.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently I were travelling the 50mph speed limit on the A12 past the Moby Dick junction. I entered the junction on an amber light, but still I was flashed by the red light / speed camera.

This only happened on Friday so I have yet to receive anything.

Can I still get fined for going through on Amber? I will upload the video if needed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will upload the video to YouTube shortly, need to trim the video down as its 5 minutes long.

I checked it again, I were traveling 48mph, the 50mph signs are clear in the video before the lights. The camera is actually a mixed speed and red light camera which have recently been installed.

It was clear I went though just as it changed to amber, you don't even see the red in the video at all, the flash was on amber. The flash isn't clear in the video, it was a double flash but only one is obvious in the video. No other car went through the light. I were the last through before the change.

Edit: I posted back in October about this same camera flashing everyone. It seemed to have been fixed. It looks like to me the camera is still malfunctioning, but want to be sure.

Speeding. You are supposed to slow down when approaching a light controlled junction so you can stop should they change. I would say you had no chance of stopping on any colour.

Speeding?! 48mph in a 50 is speeding? If you were correct, everyone would have to slow down to 5mph JUST IN CASE the light changes. Unless you show proof of that I'm sure you're wrong.

Speeding?! 48mph in a 50 is speeding? If you were correct, everyone would have to slow down to 5mph JUST IN CASE the light changes. Unless you show proof of that I'm sure you're wrong.

You should slow down a bit when nearing traffic lights, just in case.

Are you sure the light flashed for you. They should only trigger if you go through the red, after a certain time period ( believe it is 3 second). If the camera recorded it, then it would show whether you went through the red light exceeding the time allowed. The control centre that deals with it, won't do anything with it, unless you have gone through a red. You clearly went through when it was amber.

I don't see a problem and I doubt you will hear anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You should slow down a bit when nearing traffic lights, just in case.

Are you sure the light flashed for you. They should only trigger if you go through the red, after a certain time period ( believe it is 3 second). If the camera recorded it, then it would show whether you went through the red light exceeding the time allowed. The control centre that deals with it, won't do anything with it, unless you have gone through a red. You clearly went through when it was amber.

I don't see a problem and I doubt you will hear anything.

I hope you are right as it's something I have done myself.

I hope you are right as it's something I have done myself.

There is a road near Heathrow with loads of different cameras and they go off all the time. You can sometimes think it is you, when it could be someone else or just the cameron being over sensitive.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

https://youtu.be/UjCpP2-9ius

The horrible YouTube compression loses the camera flash.

It that the correct footage as google maps does not show a footbridge before that junction

It is when you go through a junction at that speed with no attempt to slow.

You can't deny that if the lights had changed to red you wouldn't have been able to stop?

That's because you have a warning of amber. If it turns amber and you cant safely stop, then you keep going. The lights are timed for the speed limit.

It's the A12 Moby Dick junction. The Moby Dick pub would be on the right of the video.

Edit: It may be the junction before actually. I will check again

I was taught by two driving instructors that you have to be ready to stop, but there is no set speed in which you have to go. I were going 2mph less than the limit, which is perfectly normal.

There is a point of no return, approaching a T/C junction in which it would be unsafe to stop. You have to make progress and maintain speed to a degree (or fail a driving test for not making progress).

I am familiar with this junction, are you sure it was not someone jumping lights turning right in filter lane ?

You must slow down in advance of any lights and be ready to stop even if they are green and the roads are clear. By maintaining a constant speed it could be shown that you were trying to beat the lights.

However as already advised, you'd only be called for it on a red light. Not amber.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You back off the gas, allowing the vehicle to slow to a reasonable speed. Then once you reach a point which you judge as the point of no return you continue through.

This is what I was taught when I learned to drive a car and more recently when I gained my PCV as a bus driver before I become ill.

It's the A12 Moby Dick junction. The Moby Dick pub would be on the right of the video.

Edit: It may be the junction before actually. I will check again

I was taught by two driving instructors that you have to be ready to stop, but there is no set speed in which you have to go. I were going 2mph less than the limit, which is perfectly normal.

It is the junction before heading towards Romford Moby Dick junction. Still a 50mph zone.

Then unless you ran a red light, you should be fine. Wait and see if anything comes of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Conniff, I think the offence you are looking for is exceeding the speed limit, which at 48 MPH in a 50, he wasn't.

'Speeding' in itself isn't an offence.

Now, a slowing down Camera...........................that would be cool.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

You must slow down in advance of any lights and be ready to stop even if they are green and the roads are clear. By maintaining a constant speed it could be shown that you were trying to beat the lights.

However as already advised, you'd only be called for it on a red light. Not amber.

Must be a Volvo driver, slowing down for no reason :-)

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Not really. You'd fail your driving test if you didn't ease off and be ready to stop.

I'm struggling to find where it says that in the highway code. If I were going 25 in a 50, should I still ease off? At what distace should I start? I tend to do it anyway but my speed wont drop more than 2mph. And in this case I were going 2mph under the limit.

All I can find is that you stop on amber unless it is unsafe to stop. I must have been 2 or 3 meters away at 48mph when it turned.

Please someone provide a source.

I'm struggling to find where it says that in the highway code. If I were going 25 in a 50, should I still ease off? At what distace should I start? I tend to do it anyway but my speed wont drop more than 2mph. And in this case I were going 2mph under the limit.

All I can find is that you stop on amber unless it is unsafe to stop. I must have been 2 or 3 meters away at 48mph when it turned.

Please someone provide a source.

The offence would be to drive without due care and attention. If there had been a Police car behind you and they saw you driving near the speed limit through a light like that, they could give you a warning. You had no chance of stopping. BUT the limits on that road are at fault, as there should be a 30mph zone limit ahead of the lights. If they tried it in court, you could argue that whoever designed the safety of that road, had decided that there was no problem drivers doing up to 50mph towards the lights. That you were driving per the road signs and conditions at the time.