Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was reading a site recently with regards to parking tickets etc and came across the publication called "Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions" which was described as the traffic engineers bible.

Anyone know where I can get the latest and up to date copy of this? Is it available to the general public?

Thanks!!!

Pieter,

The TSRGD is a Statutory Instrument, published in 2002 and is available from the TSO shop for £40. It gives the back ground regulations and directions for the use and placement of all traffic signs and road markings

https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1159966&ProductID=0110429427&Action=Book

regards,

John

I was reading a site recently with regards to parking tickets etc and came across the publication called "Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions" which was described as the traffic engineers bible.

Anyone know where I can get the latest and up to date copy of this? Is it available to the general public?

Thanks!!!

Free

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/20023113.htm

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I am a Transport Planner/Engineer... can I be of any assistance re your query on parking?

HBOS - Data Protection Sent 26/06/06, Statements Rec'd 17/07/06. 1st Request Sent 19/07/06, £70 offer rec'd 03/08/06 PAH!, LBA sent 04/08/06, PREPARING SMALL CLAIM FORM NOW.

Hi Jekster, thanks for the offer of help. I will bear it in mind for the future.

I wanted the publication as a reference guide to what the rules/regulations/guidelines are as to parking etc and what, if any, help I might be able to find to defend myself should I find myself in the unenviable position of having to defend myself from a fine.

Like I said thanks for the offer though.

Also thanks for the link for the free copy, DW90!!!

You could always try this if all else fails... ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2962314.stm

HBOS - Data Protection Sent 26/06/06, Statements Rec'd 17/07/06. 1st Request Sent 19/07/06, £70 offer rec'd 03/08/06 PAH!, LBA sent 04/08/06, PREPARING SMALL CLAIM FORM NOW.

• 3 years later...
I am a Transport Planner/Engineer... can I be of any assistance re your query on parking?

can you please tell me what the minimum height a sign can be on a single track road? and how far they can stick out in to the road?

You might find Traffic Signs Manual, Chapter 3 more uselful as it has guidance on how the signs and lines should be installed, the TSRGD is really just the legal backing for the signs and lines with little inof about how they are implimented.

You could always try this if all else fails... ;)

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Man 'painted over' yellow lines

lol Now if he'd only painted a yellow T bar on the end he might just have got away with it!! :p

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More