DEBT Collection Agency of the YEAR Awards

andrew1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA staff are basically ignorant and educationally compromised . DCA work is just right for them. They need no real education to do it , in fact it is a bonus as there is less to be undone and no real previous experience required. It's a job for the non achievers .

And the non achievement psychology suits the DCA companies. Lets them work out the frustrations of inadequacy on bullying the weak and vulnerable .

Geez - you learnt well :)

Seems the DCA's pick out these staff because they aren't likely to ask questions and so on - they offer them bonuses to perform like robots. The DCA's don't want intelligent staff with morals and education else there might be questions asked about their law breaking ways. Far easier to pick out the less educate staffing isn't it?

I am a great believer in Karma - and this stuff will come around and bite a few rear ends - so these DCA's and their staff had best be careful where they bend - because they may not be able to sit down for a while!! ;)

I am a great believer in Karma - and this stuff will come around and bite a few rear ends - so these DCA's and their staff had best be careful where they bend - because they may not be able to sit down for a while!! ;)

Just to prove that point and DCA's across the board take note- In 1993 I had a very bad time financially for reasons I won't bore you with, but I was on a six figure salary and my 10 yr old business collapsed through no fault of my own. I tried to borrow my way out of trouble using credit cards which I had given me like confetti when all was going well. I felt I could trade my way out of trouble, but ended up relying on cards - It just didn't work. My world as I knew it imploded. A number of personal creditors were left waiting and the accounts passed to a number of Debt collection agencies of which Cabot, Wescot, Fredricksons, & Blair Oliver & Scot (BOS) were prominent. Cabot and Wescot were the pits, Fredricksons not much better, but Cabot were the lowest of the low in what they did. I always vowed that one day I would find a way of calling these companies to account for what they did. They sent me into a two year deep depression, I never worked or spoke to a soul - that was my life and it spanned far longer than just the 2 years. In March 2006, long after I had gathered my life back I saw my chance. That was when I was introduced to CAG. Recognising I was not alone I began liaising with a few more behind the public scenes of the forum and The Cabot Fan Club was born. Whilst publicly Cabot has been the focus of my attention there has been a lot of ground work done to bring the others to account too. This time embracing additional organisations like Thames Credit and Log BooK Loans who will be feeling the impact of the Fan Club sooner rather than later on behalf of others who I have picked up as having suffered too. Not one DCA will be left untouched and you can all thank Ken Maynard, Cabot and Wescot for that.

I too believe in Karma - but this lot are getting it back in this life not the next cos I want to watch them fall and I will. The rest is history. My day has come:D

• Haha 1

But doesn't his silence speak volumes?

I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Mr. Hurlston's Apple Crumble....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/113590-should-i-use-cccs.html

....and our chairman is...

About us

I'm seeing Stars and Stripes again....

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I can't put what I'm thinking into words which wouldn't be potentially libelous, so I shan't.

But I bet you're thinking it too....

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Yes sometimes it's probably better not to say too much, just present a few links and a little evidence to stimulate the interest.....then let people do their own investigating and reach their own conclusions.

I have no doubt CCCS are doing good work in helping people sort out their financial difficulties, and I'm not attempting to prove otherwise. I just think the service they provide may not be right for everyone and people should be more aware of their background to make an informed choice.

Lets bring these **** down. I cannot post the evidence on the site (as some of it contains personal account details of thier debtors, and unkile barclays bank and the dca in question i value the privacy of the individual) but I used to work for a DCA. i'd like to hear from anyone who has had 1 phone call after the CCA request and subsequent default, or harrassment following requests for this not to happen from either of the following: mercers or equidebt.

i have some ammo already against these 2 outfits, but want a little more. we can them make a report to the oft, and try and get these 2 kicked into touch. let's fight back, not winging on a forum, but lets really start using the same Consumer Credit Act that they use to threaten against them. it really is time to show these cowboys that they can either respect people, or suffer.

• Haha 1

Debt management plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"One of the concerns raised is that credit counseling groups that are paid for services by creditors is in fact nothing more than debt collector masquerading as a charity since they provide a commercial service, debt collection, to creditors for revenue and income. It would be hard to find a charitable purpose and mission in that activity".................

it goes on to say....

"Consumers often make a choice or determine the quality of the debt management group by looking to see if they charge the debtor a fee. Generally those that do charge a fee are thought to be taking advantage of the debtor. Consumers have no idea that in fact it is the other way around. Credit counseling groups that are compensated by the creditor are much more likely to acquiesce to the wishes and demands of the funding creditors and not treat debtor and their creditors fairly or repay debt in a balanced manner".

Am I allowed to borrow that from Wikipedia???

If not, can a Mod remove it, and spank my bottom until it turns purple and really hurts????

OK I'll leave it alone for a while, and see if Mr Hurlston replies to anyone.

Am I allowed to borrow that from Wikipedia???

Wikipedia content can be copied, modified, and redistributed
so long as
the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikipedia article used (a direct link back to the article satisfies our author credit requirement). Wikipedia articles therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to certain restrictions, most of which serve to ensure that freedom.

Wikipedia:Copyrights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

The deeper you delve into the seedy world of the DCAs you can see how much their evil poison spreads through the seemingly decent side of the credit industry. Thanks to CAG and the OFT and the like this looks like being an interesting few months for those DCAs that are holding on to their licences by the skin of their teeth

The deeper you delve into the seedy world of the DCAs you can see how much their evil poison spreads through the seemingly decent side of the credit industry. Thanks to CAG and the OFT and the like this looks like being an interesting few months for those DCAs that are holding on to their licences by the skin of their teeth

Oh I hope so ODC. I'm going to do whatever I can to help. The thought of all the implications brought to light on here - just that I've read myself - over the past few days, has set my head spinning. It's giving me bad dreams, and I woke with a migraine!! :shock:

There are Guardian articles that I looked at yesterday - I'll try to find them again - about the number of people in debt or facing a debt crisis. These DCAs are playing with people's lives - for crying out loud! :mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

The skin's nearly gone and the teeth are false anyway :D they are going!

Also Vindicator "let's fight back, not whinging on a forum",

'Whinging on a forum' has generated enough ammo to demolish these DCA's by the synergy and pulling power of so many experiences. Without it we wouldn't be here. Apart from the fact that far from it being left to a vacant thread with a few hostile words, considerable evidence has been deposited upon the desks of those who matter in all things ' license', so do not be fooled by what you read on the surface, it's what goes on behind the scenes they need to worry about. Keep whinging away - every little helps.

Being pedantic - shouldn't that be "whinging"?

I think winging it is what the DCA's have been doing for too long.:p

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I have no doubt CCCS are doing good work in helping people sort out their financial difficulties, and I'm not attempting to prove otherwise. I just think the service they provide may not be right for everyone and people should be more aware of their background to make an informed choice.

I hear what you're saying. In fact, the only "main" totally impartial, charitable debt help organisation in the UK is National Debtline.

Credit counseling groups that are compensated by the creditor are much more likely to acquiesce to the wishes and demands of the funding creditors and not treat debtor and their creditors fairly or repay debt in a balanced manner".

i don't beleive that to be the case of CCCS as they offer pro-rata payments to the creditors, which is the standard adopted in the money advice world.

I smell something fishy, and I'm not talking about the contents of Mr. Hurlston's Apple Crumble....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/113590-should-i-use-cccs.html

....and our chairman is...

About us

I'm seeing Stars and Stripes again....

Quote from that site: "Registry Trust Limited is a not for profit company"

Accounts are a little behind for sure but for the year to Dec 04

Turnover £2.141 million

Gross Profit £1.883 million

Wages, salaries and Directors emoluments £1.004 million

Retained Profits £128,660

Ah, thats why they are a not for profit organisation, the directors and staff take it all !

Pro-rata is the only acceptable and fair way of doing it, I think.

But the fact the people at the top are so closely linked to the DCA's/CRA's/Registry Trust etc, to the extent they are virtually the same thing can hardly be fair, and should set alarm bells ringing for anyone. To be bullied for more money when you are already paying to the best of your ability as often seems to happen - by people who are obviously passing around "private and personal" information between themselves is just beyond belief. They are all working to line each others pockets with the same faces at the top and they can effectively hold you captive, as this thread is beginning to highlight. A comment on Page 13 of this supplement http://www.newstatesman.com/pdf/financialinclusionsupp2005.pdf is likely to raise a few more eyebrows.

The only one I've found so far that promises any degree of protection is Consolidate Your Debt Today - Debt Management Plan (DMP) as they are are prepared to support your action against DCA's who ignore OFT guidelines by directly approaching people in DMP's etc. Now to me that's a breath of fresh air, but obviously it's air you have to pay for as part of the DMP agreement. Not so good,......but independent at least (I hope :cool: ).

Further digging may prove they are not much use at all, so I'm not endorsing them but it was the first I found with a bit of basic Googling...........

Quote from that site: "Registry Trust Limited is a not for profit company"

Accounts are a little behind for sure but for the year to Dec 04

Turnover £2.141 million

Gross Profit £1.883 million

Wages, salaries and Directors emoluments £1.004 million

Retained Profits £128,660

Ah, thats why they are a not for profit organisation, the directors and staff take it all !

That's non-profit????

My accounts must be classed as extremely profitable...................:? :?

The only one I've found so far that promises any degree of protection is Consolidate Your Debt Today - Debt Management Plan (DMP) as they are are prepared to support your action against DCA's who ignore OFT guidelines by directly approaching people in DMP's etc. Now to me that's a breath of fresh air, but obviously it's air you have to pay for as part of the DMP agreement. Not so good,......but independent at least (I hope :cool: ).

fee-charging per chance?

that name does ring a bell, i don't have full internet access so can't read their website.

fee-charging per chance?

that name does ring a bell, i don't have full internet access so can't read their website.

Yes, I'm assuming they do charge a fee, but they are not dependent on industry creditors and don't seem to have any obvious ties to anyone.

I just liked the way they've made a point of stating they will support any complaint or action you wish to take against DCA's who won't play by the rules, including dropping them in it with FOS. It seems someone at the firm is thinking ahead.

As I said before they may be poop, I really don't know........

Yes, I'm assuming they do charge a fee, but they are not dependent on industry creditors and don't seem to have any obvious ties to anyone.

I just liked the way they've made a point of stating they will support any complaint or action you wish to take against DCA's who won't play by the rules, including dropping them in it with OFT. It seems someone at the firm is thinking ahead.

As I said before they may be poop, I really don't know........

I'll be keen to take a look at their info when i get home this evening.

Our organisation is funded in part from the private sector, this doesn't mean we act in a way to protect their interests. I can't vouch whether this is true for CCCS etc. If a creditor will not accept a reasonable payment we can remind them that they help towards the funding of the organisation, and by virtue, should entertain any reasonable payment offer as they do advocate the service via their funding. I have no idea what the CCCS do becuase usually they refer people to us if the query is complex ( I don't think they get much legal training )

Take a look and see what you think.

It may be just a gimmick - but I like their fighting talk ;)

I will do :)

I'm sure they are run by a creditor but I might be off the mark, I know that American Express have a DMP firm - it was those who spring to mind. I'm likely to be mistaken though! :D

I will do :)

I'm sure they are run by a creditor but I might be off the mark, I know that American Express have a DMP firm - it was those who spring to mind. I'm likely to be mistaken though! :D

OMG..

It could be.......there's something strong about the good old USA in there.

Drat. Needs investigation when I have a little more time.