• Tweets

• I have a feeling you have a LOC on the way, from those lovely people at ALLIANCE PARKING. We got one a few weeks back for the same NTK date and location as yours .. 🤬
    • The "grief tech" firms helping users create talking avatars of their dead relatives.View the full article
    • I do disagree with you regarding one thing - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake. So far you have stood up to Excel and their threats, immediately given us the information in the sticky, done loads of reading up to educate yourselves, learnt from the mistake of outing the driver so you'll know not to do so in the future, got on to the organ grinder to try to get them to call off their dogs, etc., etc.  Good grief - we wish everyone who came here would do this!!! Most people who get these invoices sadly think they have been fined and if they don't pay a drone from Ukraine will be diverted and will fall on their home (or some such vague grand apocalyptic threat) and they fold and give in.  You haven't.  Well done. Don't worry - you won't be paying a penny.  Although it will take some time to see off this vile company.
    • Spot on!  You learn quickly. Who cares if the case gets sent to debt collectors?  They have no powers.  All the effort you will have to put in will be to open envelopes - and then spend time laughing at their daft "threats".  No stress at all!
    • I did ask them why, but seems they have more spare cash than we do .. ;-( .. I doubt their bank would even support a chargeback after a year has passed. Anyway I've constructed my first DRAFT Snotty Letter .. so here goes ..   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you had added. Shall we raise that related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding the ANPR entry / exit periods compared with actual valid parking periods. Especially with no consideration of the legally allowed grace periods and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the issues with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture more useless ANPR photos. We will of course be requesting “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Legal Counsel on behalf of the Vehicle Keeper.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BODMIN COUNTY COURT

Had a hearing date for 10th September. I applied to the court last week to refuse a stay if asked for. I have had no reply. My court bundle has to be in by 24th August, I just rang the court The girl who spoke to me said that every case in the country was being stayed, I said that in many courts the cases were still being heard. She said that they had been instructed by the senior judge of Devon and Cornwall to stay every case, so it seems that Bodmin, Truro, Plymouth Exeter Torbay and Barnstaple are not hearing cases.

She acknowledged that my application had been received by the judge but but did not know whether he had made a decision.

Problem now is do I waste time and money getting the court bundle in by 24th or not, if I dont will I be penalised for not getting in on time.

ello this is my first post so please be easy with me question......

i have claimed my charges back from the Halifax some time ago then started claiming back for my otherhalf. now the halifax took some time in returning the information (56 days) and we couldn't total the full 6 years only taking to court for 2 of the 6 years which we got as the normal "good will" we now got the information and want to claim back for the last 3 years left. now i know the bank can apply for a stay what i want to know is Leeds county court aplying the stays or not and if they do how do i appeal it?

Just to add Greenock Sheriff Court is business as usual. The lady who i spoke to today was positivley encouraging me to file. The banks have not defended in this court yet. It would be a change to court life if once in a while it wasn't a murderer, drug dealer or thief that took up their time in this wild west town...:rolleyes:

Evesham County Court - my hearing went ahead as normal on 13th Aug, bank had applied for a stay but then we settled the day before, judge said he would have considered the stay at the hearing but was glad I turned up all the same to let him know what was going on. I know there were 3 other bank cases on the same day.

Interesting development, I phoned Maidstone Combined County Court as I had not received any confirmation of the blanket stays which were apparently being put into place. The court clerk advised that this was the original plan (to make blanket stays) but "the situation is currently being reviewed as it seems that the District Judge is having second thoughts "

I also received the Halifax's response this morning (sent from Optima)

Great news

Milton Keynes have decided to Stay all cases but you can appeal if you have a spare £65 - apparently you won't win though!! or if you'd prefer to waste a futher £35 you can ask to be transfered to another court - but chances are you won't win that either! so well done HSBC thats me screwed!!!!:shock:

Stafford Court stayed all cases today. The DDJ liked the " Objection for a stay" letter but didn't feel that it was a strong enough arguement. Did make the lawyer twitch a bit though.

oh well, onwards and upwards

I have received notification today from Bow County Court that they have stayed our claim

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Huddersfield county Court today stayed claim for credit card charges with Barclaycard till feb 2008

< < < < If I can help I will and if I have helped please tip my scales. :|

Please keep this site alive by downloading the great new CAG toolbar - keeps all your subscribed threads in one easy to use place. http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php Use the search facility regularly and CAG generates much needed money!

List updated

For what reason, was it to allow settlement or due to the OFT announcement, if it is the latter then you need to apply to have it set aside as the OFT case is not about credit card claims

Barclaycard have got a stay on my claim, due to the OFT action.

Ive been told to write to court if i do not agree with it.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

If those courts Staying claims en mass should find that everyone is applying to have it set aside :evil: then their attempts to frustrate consumers & reduce the burden on their courts will be to no avail:-D & after a while they may decide it's just as cost effective to agree to hear cases

Moral of the story - no matter what apply for a set-aside of the Stay;) thereby maintaining the pressure

A friend whom I am helping with his charges has received notice from Worcester County Court today.

The court is staying his case awaiting the outcome of the test case (no definition - poor form) [Edit: this is the court staying case with no application from either party].

We'd had notice from the bank they were going to apply for a stay. We checked with the court Friday and Monday and were assured the case wasn't being stayed, the court had received nothing from the bank and they would only be able to apply (due to the short timescale) at the hearing. The notice is dated Monday. Needless to he's miffed - he'd had a hearing due tomorrow, and we'd both booked time off for it (he's not the most eloquent and clear when putting his point across).

If anyone else has had the same notice would be good to know - it was District Judge Parry (just wondering in case he'd reviewed a bulk of cases)

We're going to appeal and will keep you posted. We'll also include the proposal for directions to see if it helps.

I presume this is the same for the rest of Worcester. Sad news but the fight's on.

Mal

My case vs HSBC was stayed in Nottingham County Court today. Before I saw the Judge, I overheard the Usher telling someone that all cases are being stayed. The Judge told me that they were seeing both parties on a case by case basis to tell them personally that the case was being stayed. He did not care that HSBC had not folllowed directions by not sending me their court bundle. He also gave me a ready prepared Q & A sheet about the OFT announcement and a copy of the agreement that the OFt and the banks had made. What surprised me was that he gave a veiled warning about websites that would advise me to get the stay lifted, and that they didn't know what they were talking about. Needless to say, HSBC solicitor went away looking very smug.

Crystaltipps. A pointless waste of everyone's time conducting hearings when cases were going to be stayed anyway. Probably for judges benefit - so he'd feel he was providing some sort of service.

Also pointless giving out info about the OFT case - did he think you didn't know about it?

May not be worth you applying to have the stay lifted unless you can be sure a different judge will deal with it. On the other hand, JonCris may have a point:

If those courts Staying claims en mass should find that everyone is applying to have it set aside then their attempts to frustrate consumers & reduce the burden on their courts will be to no avail & after a while they may decide it's just as cost effective to agree to hear cases

Moral of the story - no matter what apply for a set-aside of the Stay thereby maintaining the pressure

:rolleyes:

rmason00

Leicester county court when i phoned them 2 days ago it was buisness as usual if you have a date your case is going ahead. A&L did not comply with DJ's instructions so applied for judgement by default, when I rang to get an update I was told that it will be approx 3 weeks before I hear anything they are that far behind in their work.

Worcestershire County Court

Unfortunately, despite telling me right up to yesterday that the hearing was going ahead, I have received a letter from the court TODAY, the actual day of the hearing saying they have upheld the bank's request for the stay. Barclays only requested the stay yesterday, by FAX!! A legal rep from Barclays rang me yesterday to tell me they were doing this.

I'm GUTTED