Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome still haven't replied to our CCA request or SAR request and I can't find a copy of the alleged agreement.

However have noticed on a settlement figure we had from them it states

'Rebate of acceptance fee and credit charges' - £1,805.55

Sounds to me like they charged interest on the acceptance fee then...!

Does anybody else agree?

Will have to wait for the agreement to be sure though...

regards.

Any thoughts on the above please...

Regards

When an agreement has "broker fee" can interest be charged on this ?

I have an agreement from another lender which has "funds transfer fee" which is administration but also has "broker fee"

The transfer fee was only £23 and the broker fee £162.50. Both were added to the total then interest charged.

reading the link that post has given then it looks like you have an unenforceable agreement...but you will need clarifictaion form someone with bit more experience than me... my personal view is that there is enough in the judgment on that link that would make me go for it...

click on the APR and Loan calculator link on page 331 post #6606 add your total credit, your APR as stated on the agreement and term of loan...comparer that to what you have on the paper work look paticularly at the interest it says you should be paying and compare that to what the agreement says...

it will be interesting to see if you have a £75 difference on your interest on the agreement compared to the calculator

thank you, I am not sure if it means anything except the APR on the loans is wrong which would mean adjusting the APR to find out how much it is and in theory finding out definitavely whether interest is being charged on the fee..

got exactly the same response from them, however the signature on the royal mail website looks like a childs scribble... they are there own worst enemy, been waiting for my agreement and SAR for nearly 4 months and have told them no more payments till i get them...idiots...no wonder they have no money

Yep you sound as though you're having the same difficulty.

After a couple of months of nothing, they're now throwing everything possible at the one time, so I need to decide what to do next. The FOS have told me to resume payments until they make a final decision :mad:

strange... would you be able to put down the figures as shown on the calculator and on the agreement? or PM me if you prefer

the agreement says charge for credit 3970.93 the calculator says 4046.08

there must be something wrong with putting down the wrong APR and equally there must be the correct APR to cover the acceptance fee as well.

can any of the intelligent, mathematical minded caggers please check my theory out with your own contracts etc and tell me if i am chasing my tail or actually onto something PLEASE?? :)

there must be something wrong with putting down the wrong APR and equally there must be the correct APR to cover the acceptance fee as well.

can any of the intelligent, mathematical minded caggers please check my theory out with your own contracts etc and tell me if i am chasing my tail or actually onto something PLEASE?? :)

If you put a link here to the post you are referring to, I will ask steven4064 to look in on you, he seems to know about these things.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am just at the CCA and SAR stage so I at the very beginning.

but someone did tell me it was likely I was paying interest on my fee but the figures confused me...so what I have probably done is simplify his example but without all the figures and the know how of working out the actual APR with the fee included too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks