The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey stoned :D How did you get on today? (might as well ask you here cos LL's going to chop my post later anyway!) :lol:

Oh and vinegar - don't you think your namesake looks a bit like David Bowie in your avatar? Or is it just me? :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find all this pointless one up manship rather sad. Imagine for one moment if everyone was as protective of "their" idea,template,letter,post or advice. Where would we be?

There are many members who go unnoticed quietly posting day in day out offering advice/ideas etc without any fuss about where the advice/idea etc came from.

I only know what I know because of this site, my thanks to those people who I have gained and still gain knowledge from I show in posting to help others. Massaging ego's does no good, enjoy in the knowledge that you have helped others.

Pay it back.

HEAR! HEAR!

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hey stoned :D How did you get on today? (might as well ask you here cos LL's going to chop my post later anyway!) :lol:

Oh and vinegar - don't you think your namesake looks a bit like David Bowie in your avatar? Or is it just me? :D

Far too long to put here Mac.

It`s all on my thread

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

98 posts removed and stored (including my own)

Therfore a few Cagbots floating around ;) Please do not take offence at the removal of a post, it is simply to make this thread easier to manage. Should you have any problems please contact me via PM rather than air your concerns on this thread. I am very approachable.

Thanks.

Great work today guys - keep it up!

Mac

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

George Foulkes (MSP) replied to say he had contacted Jim Devine (MP for Livingston) on my behalf. I had already contacted him but he mentioned in his response letter that Mr Foulkes had passed on my letter.It would appear more notice is given to fellow politicians.

Angela Constance (MSP for Livingston) also replied saying she was composing a view on this matter and will update me asap.

Cheers

27th April - Requested Statements

13th May - Received Statements:D

15th May - Preliminary request for £4780 sent.:D

16th May - Royal Mail confirm Letter received.:D

23rd May - Received Letter considering claim. :grin:

30th May - Letter Before Action sent. :D

10th July - Times Up!! FOS claim going in.

16th July - Measly 30% of claim offered as goodwill

17th July - Rejected offer letter sent

25th July - Acknowledgement of Reject Letter received

26th July - Screwed over by the OFT,Banks, FSA & FOS all in one go.:evil:

Never even felt it happen.

Bob Spink said that he has already put what was said in my letter to the FSA. If he doesn't get a satisfactory response he will "ask the Secretary of State to review his policy to give more protection to individual consumers as you require. "

Woody

Hi all, here's an update for you.

Out of 68 MP's contacted,we have 16 Responses.

.......32 MEP's ................... 6

........7 MSP's ...................2

........5 MWA's ..................0

Thank you to everyone, hopefully we'll hit well over the 100 mark for MP's before the end of the week.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ja-de - well done for all your hard work collating this..and thank you.

Mac

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Hi all, here's an update for you.

Out of 68 MP's contacted,we have 16 Responses.

.......32 MEP's ................... 6

........7 MSP's ...................2

........5 MWA's ..................0

Thank you to everyone, hopefully we'll hit well over the 100 mark for MP's before the end of the week.

......and 1 Lord ......................0 responses

:(

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

You can add Jim Dowd MP Lewisham West and received a response from Angela Knight, which - as usual - failed to answer my question - why are banks illegally taking money out of accounts into which benefits are paid into? Waiting for detailded response but have received an initial one in 3 days. Response will include a response from Treasury and DWP

Hi Brechiner, to help me with my claim, where can I find evidence of this being illegal for the banks to charge and take the money from benifits??

I was on Income Support at the time of 95% of my charges, and the benifit was paid in to my bank account,

well, as usual the boys and girls that want my vote ignore me!

My MP, Mr Green, for Ashford, has failed to reply to me AGAIN - I just had a little email from the website I sent the email from asking had I heard anythign as it had been two weeks - in short...NO!

I have emailed him directly AGAIN asking for a response!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi Guys!!!! I've now had a SECOND RESPONSE from my MP, David Wilshire, Spelthorne area and IM IMPRESSED (GUESS WHO IM GONNA VOTE FOR)!!!

Hes written back to me and enclosed the response he got from Chairman of the FSA, Callum McCarthy basically telling him that they've got his letter RE: ME and they will reply to him within 30 days!!!

He'll get back to me with their response!!!

CAN ANYONE BEAT THAT FOR EFFICENT, CARING MP??????? ;)

Will advise u next when i hear back (and i cant post letter as ive gotta pack 4 my hol and no time)!!!

Bonnie

Hi Brechiner, to help me with my claim, where can I find evidence of this being illegal for the banks to charge and take the money from benifits??

I was on Income Support at the time of 95% of my charges, and the benifit was paid in to my bank account,

section 187 Social Security Act 1992 covers JSA, DLA, CHB etc.

section 45 tax Credit Act 2006 covers tax credits

are the two main laws that deal with inalienablitly to your money

every assignment of a charge on a befenfit/tax credit, and every agreement to assign a charge is void. This even covers one in a period of bankruptcy

Hi Guys!!!! I've now had a SECOND RESPONSE from my MP, David Wilshire, Spelthorne area and IM IMPRESSED (GUESS WHO IM GONNA VOTE FOR)!!!

Hes written back to me and enclosed the response he got from Chairman of the FSA, Callum McCarthy basically telling him that they've got his letter RE: ME and they will reply to him within 30 days!!!

He'll get back to me with their response!!!

CAN ANYONE BEAT THAT FOR EFFICENT, CARING MP??????? ;)

Will advise u next when i hear back (and i cant post letter as ive gotta pack 4 my hol and no time)!!!

Bonnie

make sure you vote for an active MP

Wilshire's record is thus:

• Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
  • Has received answers to 15 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
  • Is a member of 2 select committees.
  • Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2006, according to constituents.
  • Has voted in 46% of votes in parliament — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)

Hi, received this reply to my letter sent to the MOR today

Thank you for your letter addressed to the Clerk if the Master of the Rolls. The Master of the Rolls and his Private Secretary are away at the moment, so your letter has been passed to me to reply.

It is quite correct to say that no "blanket" direction to stay cases involving bank charges was made by the Deputy Head of Civil Justice. Instead the Designated Civil Judge for each area of England and Wales was asked to consider the cases for which he and his District Judges have conduct and to make an assessment as to the appropriate course of action.

In some areas there is a large volume of cases which relate to the same point, it is therefore not surprising that an assessment has been made that a great many of the cases should be stayed pending the outcome of the High Court Hearing.

It is of course open to you to make representationso the County Court to have tha stay lifted. It is however, a matter for the local Judiciary to decide how a case should be conducted and I regret that the Master of the Rolls is unable to offer any assistance in this regard.

Yours sincerely

Andy Caton

Thank you for your good advice, jdaraf. Unfortunately I was not around all that much this week to be able to acknowledge it. Great stuff! :D

Write to your MP and