Help with dealing with Moorcroft please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mazel01,

This sounds like a last minute attempt to get you to play ball with them.

Don`t do anything.

They are unable to do anything about this debt, as they have not sent you the CCA. They are STILL trying to scare you.

Like every other post on your thread states, it is THEY who now must send you the CCA. If they say you owe them or Argos money, it is THEY who must prove it, in the way of a CCA.

I`m in exactly the same boat as you and everyone else, I`m on the back seat watching everyone, incase you haven`t seem me.

I sent a CCA around 8-9 weeks ago now and I haven`t heard a squeak from these muppets. The letters and calls have stopped and all is peaceful.

Simply do nothing untill they show up with a properly execute CCA, not a second hand Application Form.

I also sent a SAR to Argos, so, should they eventually turn up with the CCA I can still argue the alleged debt has unlawfull charges.

Watching with interest..

Regards

N.P.

Hi Pecky1,

Still peaceful on the Morecrap front?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for that post. I replied to the post on the bottom of the 1st Page, I didn`t notice it had ran onto 2 Pages.

Just ignore it.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

hello! I too have been having 'fun' with moorcroft.

I sent a CCA request to which they replied they couldnt supply one, lovely I thought, until yesterday when I received a letter asking me to pay 75% of the debt within 2 weeks to prevent 'more serious action'.

now I dont know what to do. Ignore it? They can't take me to court can they? At all?

I'm new to all this and easily confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well in that case a report to TS would be in order as they are demanding payment on an unsubstantiated debt

How would I go about that? Also is there a letter, (short and sweet would be good, as my printer is broken I would have to write by hand), that I could send to moorcroft in the meantime or should I not bother?

Thanks for your help!

Hmm

Personally CB, I dont recommend Consumer Direct, when I last called them about a CCA issue they gave me a ref number

I then called back two weeks later and quoted the ref asking what had been done and was told it had been passed to the relevant TS

I asked for a contact number for the TS so I could provide info and was told they would contact me if necc.

When I asked how they could progress the complaint without my input I was told TS dont really deal with CCA's by a very rude woman who basiccally didnt have a clue what she was talking about, even after I quoted the CCA 1974 about TS being responsible I just got brushed off

Lesson:

Do your uutmost to get the number of your local TS and call them direct, or if that doesnt work, write to the TS office, WAY more effective (in my experience)

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

ncf, fair comment, I think it really depends on what part of the country you are in.

They where excellent with me and I had a letter from TS within a few days and a DDI for the TS officer.

Yes, if you can call your local TS directly then do so.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi Mazel01

I know its hard for you not to feel intimidated by Moorcrofts antics,and I also know how lost and hopeless you think the situation is, but believe me when I say the advice you get on here from the likes of CurlyBen,Rory,TomTerm et al is truly priceless.:)

I am dealing with Moorcroft too but the help I have had from this site has enabled me and my partner to feel so much more confident concerning the predicament we find ourselves in.

With each letter you draft and post you gain more confidence and you no longer stay the frightened little minion they expect you to be.

To go from getting threatening letters a few months ago to actually watching a Moorcroft Agent running away down my garden path APOLOGISING for disturbing me(God,his face was a picture),and after sending letters to Moorcroft threatening THEM with court action,is something that I would never have imagined.I am actually starting to relish the fight so to speak.:eek:

You are with friends on here who have been through exactly the same thing,trust what they tell you and you can take control of the situation.

All the best and good luck:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's ideally what you want mazel. Once we get over the calendar month that's when you can start pressurising them about the account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Received a letter from Moorcroft stating the following:

'We are continuing to seek to obtain a copy of the consumer credit agreement that you have requested. We will contact you as soon as the agreement has been made available to ourselves and confirm that at this stage the account has been placed on hold and that we will not seek to enforce the debt until such time as the agreement is obtained.

In the meantime we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. Please could you give an indication of the information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the court or providing information to the relevant statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.

Please could you provide this information by return. We believe that this is a simple request that will assist in ensuring that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible and potential costs and delays are kept to a minimum level.

O.K, what should I do next?

Ignore it I had the same letter as did many others on here, they are trying to get you to admit you owe something as well as frightening you with the mention of "gulp" court lol. They are getting desparate now, file the letter away and have a giggle over the numpties with a nice glass of vino :)

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment