Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mazel01

  1. Update on situation After lengthy negotiations we agreed a settlement last week...I am happy with the monthly instalment & obviously they are. They told me last week that they will now write to the court for them to seal the agreement. My question is, if we have agreed this out of court why are they asking the court to seal it or is this normal procedure?
  2. I mean with regards to writing the cheques out with todays date on
  3. Thanks 42Man. The issue I was worried about was whether it was legal or not for me to do it?
  4. I need some advice on this please. I just spoken to a company that provides pay day advance loans. They say that I can write cheques out to the value of my cheque guarantee card and they will give me up to & max loan of £500. I date the cheques today however they don't bank them for 30 days. The question that I have is as it stands at the moment I have approx £35 credit available in my bank account but within the next 30 days I will have enough money to cover the cheques that i would write out to them. (basically its a short term loan ) Is it o.k & legal for me to write these cheques out today knowing that there is only the £35 available at the time of writing the cheques? Please could someone help me on this....thanks
  5. Nothing has been filed yet, the stay has been extended for another 7 days!
  6. Sorry to nag again..... Just need to know what should I do next?
  7. Hi, where can I find information on the court buddy system?...thanks
  8. Thanks volvodriver for your comments, I really appreciate it. I did have reasons to add my last post!
  9. I would just like to add the following: This thread = positive advice from friendly users I would just like to say a big thank you to all those users past/present that have left positive advice for me on this thread & long may it continue. Negative advice = Being added to my ignore list
  10. There is absolutely no way that I am prepared to agree to a voluntary charge.....as far as I am concerned I have made a very good offer to them which they should of accepted. Of to court we go!!!!!!!! I can guarantee you that they won't end up getting a monthly instalment anywhere near what I offered them recently......and as for getting a charging order.....NO WAY!!!
  11. I agree, I think they are trying to bully me into agreeing to the charging order..... I cannot believe that they want me to now pay virtually double my original monthly payment....are they mad!!.... Obviously I was having problems making the original payment......but they have asked for double......... How should I handle it now then....just ignore there last letter & wait for the stay to expire or contact them???
  12. Will they automatically be able to get a charging order over my property now?
  13. So what do you think I should do next?
  14. Just myself & the wife(kids stay at the weekend).....we are looking at moving within the next 12 months
  15. Yes I have got approx 25% equity on the property..... I think that they are being extremely unreasonable with the offer that I have made....but they are also aware of the amount of equity!
  16. Hi Rory, great to hear from you:)....the figure that I have offered them is from a very close family member, my I&E shows that I couldn't afford to pay a 1p, so they have offered to help me out! What is the time to pay order?
  17. UPDATE Hi everyone, I haven't updated the thread until now as nothing really happened until yesterday. We agreed a settlement figure and I then made them a monthly offer to repay this amount. (I offered approx 70% of the original monthly instalment).... They asked for an I&E to be completed, which I did. Then they came back & said that they will not accept my monthly offer. Eventually they have come back & said that they will only accept my offer if I accept the VOLUNTARY CHARGE on my property!!!....or for them to drop the voluntary charge they require me to pay nearly double the amount of my original instalment.... The stay is due to expire shortly & they have said that if I don't agree to either offer then they will inform the court that they wish to go to trial!!!! WHAT CAN I DO????.....PLEASE HELP!!
  18. I made HFC a very reasonable offer (monthly) which they said they would probably accept but I had to complete a financial statement....
  • Create New...