Help with dealing with Moorcroft please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So should I write back to them telling that what they have sent is not 'correct'. Don't mean to sound negative or anything but why would Argos in the first place ask me to sign this application form knowing that if they wanted to take legal action in the future then it would be totally 'unenforceable'. I am just very worried about it, they are bigger than me!

Ah Maze (I dont mean this as an insult - just a jokey observation!!)

You remind me of me a year ago

They would get you to sign it because they think they can get away with it and its far cheaper over several thousand applications than doing it the right way, e.g: -

1) Send Application form, client fills out app form and sends it to creditor

2) you have been accepted - your credit limit is x, please sign here for your card (that document being a correct executed agreement)

In my experience, Alliance and Leicester are the only ones to carry this process out properly

Have fun!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So just that I know for future reference, the application that you sign originally must include for e.g APR on the card. Not when you actually receive the card and welcome pack!

Could someone please confirm this for me

The AGREEMENT must have certain prescribed terms to make it enforceable.

This include your signature and theirs and my usual C&P:

S61(1)(a) CCA provides that, for a regulated agreement to be properly executed, it must contain all the prescribed terms of the agreement and conform to regulations under s60(1) – see Q1.14.

Reg 6(1) provides that the terms specified in Sch 6 to the Agreements Regulations are ‘prescribed terms’ for the purposes of s61(1)(a) and s127(3) – see Q8.2.

8.2 What if prescribed terms are missing or incorrect?

s127(3) provides that the court may not make an enforcement order unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor – see Q1.21.

If therefore any of the prescribed terms is missing, or incorrect, the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor, and the court is precluded from making an enforcement order.

8.3 What are the prescribed terms?

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

* amount of credit – see Q8.

* credit limit – see Q8.5

* repayments – see Q8.9.

* rate of interest – see Q8.6

Sch 6 was not amended by the 2004 Regulations.

Also check out Peter Bard's excellent thread on the subject: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/103383-agreement-enforceability.html

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks Curlyben...so if the company confirms the APR etc when you receive your card, thats no good as they should have included it on the original app prior to you signing...is that correct. Im sorry for driving you mad but im just trying to increase my knowledge in this + I am such a worrier!

Moorcroft have sent me letter saying that they will hold off any further action until the 15th October.....do I respond to them now and tell them that what they sent me basically is a load of garbage!

Moorcroft have sent me letter saying that they will hold off any further action until the 15th October.....do I respond to them now and tell them that what they sent me basically is a load of garbage!

Should I respond?