Help with dealing with Moorcroft please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm nothing.

U have informed them and they have agreed to do as you have asked.

If they call back or write to you then shout one of us and we will help from there.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i would ignore it and see what they send to the cca letter

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Mazel.

I'm sure you are aware that legally the ball is in your court.

I agree with your suggestion of a f & f plus default removal as it's a strategy i plan to undertake with some of my smaller debts.

Be sure to make sure it is all watertight in writing, sent rec. del. blah blah blah :D I'm sure you're familiar with the 'cover your back at all times process'!

Letter J on this link may help you with the skeleton of a letter but it will need adapting.

Obviously this is just my opinion, others may think differently.

Best wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I have been looking through my paperwork & it appears that the amount they are trying to claim from me also includes approx 50% late payment charges etc. So taking this into account the balance owed to them would be £350, so I am planning on an offer for f&f settlement of £35.....what do you think?

Hi Mazel.

If they haven't got a CCA my feeling would be not to bother reclaiming charges, i would just go for the f & f which is what i'll be doing with my catalogues.

Have a look at this post though by Sequenci (and the next couple of posts after it). Sequenci gives some useful info re F & Fs.

Thanks Hopeful1. Its such a hard situation because I know that Argos/Cabots haven't got the CCA & I am considering offering a F&F s, but I also want the default removed from my file. I just don't know where to start with writing to cabots to start the ball rolling.....

Hi mazel,

It doesn`t matter what you do, I don`t think they`ll remove the default, that`s for sure. As far as they`re concerned you owe them the full whack, so why would they remove the default?

I think even if you did pay up the full whack they still wouldn`t remove it.

Still, there`s no harm is trying.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Here's bit of reading regarding default removal!

Mazel i don't think you've got anything to lose, but you need to be comfortable with your decision. Do a search on Defaults and have a read around - if you haven't done so already.

I'll be asking / fighting for the removal because i want to clean up my credit file a bit. Every little bit helps!!

Well Cabots have bought the debt from Argos but don't have a CCA. Do you think its best to let them whistle in the wind or offer £35 f&f s.?

Hi again,

You could let them whistle you a nice tune first, and then maybe offer them £28.88 as companies don`t pay VAT do they? LOL

No harm in trying like Hopeful says.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi,

Errrm, it should be pretty straightforward I would have thought, although I`m not sure about the actual wording, I`m not much good with letters, I`m just a forktruck driver, LOL.

I`m sure someone will have something some where. Just keep bumping your thread and someone will come to the rescue.

They`ll either accept it or they won`t and keep giving you static.

Regards

N.P

Just edit it with something like -

The sum you have arrived it is based on the following -

Alleged debt purchased for approximately 10% of original value = £35 - 17.5% VAT = £28

My terms are as follows:

1. All extortionate profiteering charges to be removed, ie: missed payment, late payment, etc. etc.

2. Removal of Default and ALL missed / late payment markers, etc. etc.

3. Anything else you can think of.

4. Apology in writing for contacting me in the first place regarding an alleged debt where no agreement exists.

5. Apology for existing.

Not sure really, but something along those lines, LOL

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

N.P

Received another letter from Cabots saying they are not entitled to provide me with a cca but will look into it and they should be able to provide me with it within 7 days. However if they are unable to provide it within the 7 days they will write again....

Standard rubbish from them. They have to provide it and they know they have to - they just hope you don't. If they didn't have to provide it why on earth would they. DCA's don't do things out of the kindness of their heart.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.