Trying to build a decent credit rating

pjdudley69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the point is reliant on one fact only...unlawful charges.

when these have been applied to the account, this in turn gives inaccurrate balances, inaccurrate payments due and accordingly the payment markers and other data registered with the cras is inaccurrate.

it is not about you paying late or whatever was the cause of the charges, this has no bearing to a reasonable degree, you can prove that unlawful charges have been applied to the account and this makes the data inaccurrate from that point forwards.

if it is not ammended accordingly by the data controller on being notified in the correct manner they are in breech of your rights under the Data Protection Act by the continued processing of inaccurate data.

now because of the variables and what ifs scenario involved, the only course of action on their part is correction to perfect markers from the point charges were applied to the account or removal of the data in its entirety.

in my case i have had one of each ammendment.

i would be prepared to escalate this to a court if i had had need to under the data protection act, and blame the application of unlawful charges to the account for these inaccuracies.

the only defence the data controllers could use is to plead the charges are not unlawful and you are back to where we are with the banks etc. i.e no show and no defence.

if unlawful charges had not been applied to the accounts you would have no chance of getting this data changed and correctly so i feel, and accordingly you would have a true picture of how the account was handled which would be an accurrate representation.

but while the greed continues within these companies, you should exercise your rights accordingly and accept nothing less than full correction of the data filed with the cras, and if they do not comply serve notice on the data controller accordingly.

if the banks had run a tight and proper ship the data would be unchallengable, but as that is very unlikely to happen, then exercise your rights appropriately.....:) 007

"ALWAYS QUOTE ME AS BEING MISQUOTED" :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that interesting stuff. Look forward to seeing some templates of your letters! I have seen the DPA s.10 letter on here, is your a variation on that theme? Can that letter be used to request that payment m,arkers are removed?

Jack

Littlewoods Catalogue, won £300 back by default.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to reclaim charges from a CC company and also to get some late payment informaiton removed. Should I do all this in one letter or reclaim the charges first then see about getting the late payment history removed? Any help would be appriciated.

I'm laughing at the bit about employers! I've had my car loan for 3 years and in that time have had 6 jobs!!! Still, been in the same one now for 6 months, so that must be doing me some good.

Anyhoo, over the past few months, I've registered with Credit Expert to keep my eye on any errant credit applications made using either my name or my address (bloody benefits fraudsters live beneath me and a few neighbours have had credit account opened in the names of those two characters - or any of the 9 aliases - but using their addresses). I did actually have someone apply for a £10K Welcome Finance loan using my name and address!

With my bank charges having been reclaimed from both the Halifax and the Nationwide, I'm now able to look at an ever increasing credit score. I check it most months, and I have been proactive in contacting a few lenders to ask that they update accurately my credit information. My car loan, for example, still shows £1,400 outstanding on it, but it's actually paid off in January 07 - something that's been confirmed over the phone. The Natinowide have removed notice of late payments while the account was in dispute by the use of the (s) 10 notice, and I've also done the same with the Halifax. In 3 months, I've went from a score of 417, to 455. I'm still in the 'very poor' category, but hope that over the next few monbths now my finances are stabilising, fair or average may be just around the corner!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Hi,

Just had a bit of a scan through this thread and thought I would add my Knowledge into the Pot so to speak:

Electoral Register

If you obtain a copy of your report and find that you are not electoral registered, it might be an idea to do so now. You can visit About My Vote to find out what you need to do in order to become registered at your present address.

Financial Connections

Upon checking your credit report, make sure that only information about you and anyone who is financially associated with you is on there (ie if you have a joint bank account). If not be sure to query this information with the Credit Reference Agencies.

Credit Applications

Don't make too many applications for Credit in a Short Space of time. This can have a bad effect on your credit rating. Also when applying for Credit make sure that all the information you provide is accurate.

Defaults and CCJ's

Make sure any information regarding the above is correct on your file. For example if you have paid a CCJ make sure it is marked as Satisfied. If it has not been marked as satisfied Contact the County Court and request a Certificate of Satisfaction. You should then send this to the Credit Reference agencies who will make the updates. If you have paid a CCJ within one month, it should not be shown at all.

The same applies if you beleive an entry has been incorrectly made. Also if you have paid a Default, make sure it is marked as Settled. If not contact the company that entered the default and ask them to update the agencies.

Credit Searches

Check that only Credit Searches you have authorised are on you Credit Report. Also if two searches appear for one application, contact the company in question and ask them to remove the duplicated search.

Notice of Correction

You can add a Notice of Correction to Individual Items on your Credit Report to explain why you fell into default arrears etc. Anyone who searches your report will see this information as well.

Thanks

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

• 3 months later...

Good thread indeed, have passed the info to some of my work mates. which i'm sure there will make great use of, did get one Q from the yard lad, he wants to know if this way will work with any ccj and not just ones placed through the banks, is say gas , water or phone. he has paid the said figure and has a court satisfaction notice, but he wants to contact the company that got the ccj to ask if there will remove it, or does it have to go through the courts, as this will save the 60.00 fee the court requests for such actions.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

can anyone enlighten me,,,,,have taken some advice but still really wobbly,,,,have got a ccj against me from an overpayment from local boro for services ,,,,,,overpayment cleared but still over £500 charges left from the debt collecting agency the council handed the debt over to.......council happy with cleared account but I'm still left with this huge amount to clear which I feel now is unjust because after all I didn't ask for this debt, was apparently an overpayment......should I go for a removal of ccj due to the fact that it was not a debt I ran up but a mistake they made.......

• 2 weeks later...
I bet Jesus had a good credit rating*

* Religious satire on a Sunday? What am I thinking of...

well i dont think even experian was around then.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 1 year later...

subb

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS