SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey who you calling young :D

Cynical ? me? perish that thought:lol:

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

"You may even make matters worse as once the agreement is cancelled then the whole sum becomes immediately repayable!"

Unless of course the sum the lender claims contains a proportion of unlawful charges and intrest levied on those charges. In which case the lender has a headache.

And any interst added whilst they are in default as under a section 85 default

MIke

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

MIke

Hi Mike,

How do you how much interest was added - do you mean interest added to your account by the bank?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

So am I right in thinking that an consumer credit agreement has to be signed by both parties? Ie if for instance I was sent a copy of my application form and the other party hadn't signed the box where they were supposed to then the whole agreement isn't binding?

A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

©the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

MIke

S85 of the CCA 1974?

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

if it does become immediately payble at court you can still be means tested and pay it off very slowly

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

if it does become immediately payble at court you can still be means tested and pay it off very slowly

So is it only at court that the full balance becomes immediately payable?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

So is it only at court that the full balance becomes immediately payable?

Careful again here. If the agreement is cancelled then the debt becomes immediately repayable - there is no longer any agreement that allows you to have the money.

For a repayment schedule to be set by the court you must have already had a CCJ granted against you.

You need to be negotiating a repayment schedule directly with the lender before it gets to court.

Pete

A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless—

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than implied terms, and

©the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for signature, in such a state that all its terms are readily legible.

Pete

You may wish to take a look at this interchange on the same subject:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/42056-hsbc-cca-request-help.html

it seems we have different advice on different threads, isn't her reply the same as I got regarding cancellation notices being pre contract only?

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

well today I got a letter from Littlewoods

with ref to your letter 3rd october

under dections 77 and 78 of the CCA 1974 we are required to provide a copy of the executred agreement (if any). On the assumption that you have signed the agreement supplied to you at the time of opening the account. We enclose a copy of our agreement, which complies with the requirements of the consumer credit ( cancellation Notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983.

Help with a reply would be great, obvioulsy I now have proof they do not have the agreement, what they have sent me only has my name and address typed in and no date!laugh.gif

is this similar/same to the other thread?

You may wish to take a look at this interchange on the same subject:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/42056-hsbc-cca-request-help.html

I've posted a reply on the above thread.

Pete

Number 6 from what i have gathered you are right in what you are saying. There is mixed advice going around from zootscoot I thought that was cleared up regarding the issues surrounding the Regulation 3 Consumer Credit (cancellation Notices & Copies of Documents) Regs 1983 in that this part of the regulation does not affect your rights under the CCA 1974 section 77/78? We can all produce a document to show people owe us money even though they havent signed it but that does not make it true does it.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

4) The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 clearly states that any copy document supplied under any section of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (including sections 77 and 78 ) do not have to include signature boxes or signatures.

Pete

Ok just found this on the other thread you mentioned canx the last part ;) This does make a mockery though of anyone producing an unsigned document claiming you owe them money and being able to enforce it in a court of law even unsigned. What an easy way to fraud people out of money just make up a load of credit agreements ;) Surely what a stupid loophole which people can rip people off if they wanted to.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Ok just found this on the other thread you mentioned canx the last part ;) This does make a mockery though of anyone producing an unsigned document claiming you owe them money and being able to enforce it in a court of law even unsigned. What an easy way to fraud people out of money just make up a load of credit agreements ;) Surely what a stupid loophole which people can rip people off if they wanted to.

Whilst the 1983 regs allow an unsigned copy of the agreement to be produced a lender would not be able to enforce anything in court without producing the original signed agreement.

Seems a bit silly to me that they don't have to produce a copy of the original signed agreement but there we are.

Pete

Hi Mike,

How do you how much interest was added - do you mean interest added to your account by the bank?

Yep interest added by the bank whilst they are in default, plus intrest upon THAT interest at the 'contracted rate', adds up to a pretty penny. The reason you add interest upon the added interest is because, unless you are lucky enough to pay off your card every month your running total would be compromised by the addition.

I know some of you may say that a contract doesn't exist whilst they are in default, well it doesn't stop them adding it onto the account until they are stopped by the courts or the law.

Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

S85 of the CCA 1974?

Pete

Spot on

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Yep interest added by the bank whilst they are in default, plus intrest upon THAT interest at the 'contracted rate', adds up to a pretty penny. The reason you add interest upon the added interest is because, unless you are lucky enough to pay off your card every month your running total would be compromised by the addition.

I know some of you may say that a contract doesn't exist whilst they are in default, well it doesn't stop them adding it onto the account until they are stopped by the courts or the law.

Mike

BankFodder keeps mentioning that we should be claimign contractural interest, but it looks too complicated and I have now, unfortunately finsihed all but one of my claims, so can't go back and claim it now, can I? :(

I don't really understand the whole concept of contractural interest to be honest....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

HI Been away for a bit harrassing the local MP.

It seems that there is for the moment anyway going to be a problem getting a signed orriginal copy of an agreement from a creditor however, if you look at the request it says may appy therefore they have a choice. I have recently sent off a request with the addition of

"I understand that under section 3 (b) of SI 1983 /1557 you may ommit the signature box from the copy , I would point out that not having the orriginal copy with which to compare an unsigned copy it would to be impossible to verify the vlidity of such a document as an exact copy.

I therefore would suggest that a true copy including my signature be sent. If I am unable to verify the authentisity of the document the terms of 1974 section 77 act have not been met and the timescale for production of the documentation would still apply"

We will see what happens.

Glad we seem to got to the bottom of how many signatures are required sec 60 (1) says 2 section 127 part 3 indicates 1 the debtor.

Bit of a moot point really because since it would be the creditor that was apply ing for the enforcement order he would hardly forget to sign the agreement.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I have been sent copy of a CCA from a creditor and they haven't signed or dated it. So where does that leave the agreement?

In a nutshell:

If it's a copy of the original agreement then it's not a properly executed agreement within the meaning of the CCA 1974.

You could tell the lender this and that they cannot now enforce the agreement.

The lender might do several things:

1. Agree that the agreement is not valid and ask for the full sum to be repaid immediately

2. Apply to the court to enforce the agreement on the basis that you did sign a document (the one you've just received)

3. Agree that the agreement is not valid and write off the loan.

4. Same as 1 but take you to court to get a CCJ against you stating that you owe £x

Pete

In a nutshell:

If it's a copy of the original agreement then it's not a properly executed agreement within the meaning of the CCA 1974.

You could tell the lender this and that they cannot now enforce the agreement.

The lender might do several things:

1. Agree that the agreement is not valid and ask for the full sum to be repaid immediately

2. Apply to the court to enforce the agreement on the basis that you did sign a document (the one you've just received)

3. Agree that the agreement is not valid and write off the loan.

4. Same as 1 but take you to court to get a CCJ against you stating that you owe £x

Pete

If they do this though, can't you counter claim for them to repay all interest etc paid while the agreement was "in force"?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

If they do this though, can't you counter claim for them to repay all interest etc paid whilt on that agreemtn?

And also for the fact they have commited a criminal offence under the CCA?

My charges claims:

Default removals: