• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Mike, I thought this too - The last few posts have just confused me a bit, that's all.....

My old bank cannot provide a copy of the DN's bcause they only have aflag on their system saying that it was issued......they also haven't put the interest rate, or t&c's on the agreement.

they reckon they are in the right as regards to the Default, but I never received the notices and if I now do an N1, they will have to prove to the court they isued them, which they can't.

Am I right in my understanding?

Well they would say tha wouldn't they!

I totally agree, if they can't produce the document (or a copy thereof) they can't prove that it was issued. Obviously they haven't sent it recorded delivery otherwisw they woould have said so. As is usual with these things you have to go to court to get them to cave in, stupid, it costs them money. What do they say about accountants, "they know the cost of everything but the value of nothing".

Mike

ps like my picture? I love ferrets! Used to have two but the wife won't let me have anymore, says they smell. They smell better than her anyway, and they don't bite as much!

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As strange as it sounds this is apparently correct. the 1983 regulations apply to ANY request for copy documents under the CCA including sec. 77/78 and 85. The copies DO NOT have to show any signature boxes. This is one thing I am trying to get clarified now as it's obviously a devils charter.

I can see that it is going to open another floodgate of people being forced to use court time just to get sight of legal documents they have signed. I can't imagine the judiciary being very happy with any company forcing people into a court and then producing the paperwork.

I totally agree.

We've seen on other threads how the judiciary are getting snowed under. I've also read that a test case would make the fast track system alot less congested. However, as we've seen with Citi and LTWFB it only takes one case to knock everyone back, and in the high court that has major ramifications.

Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

If you mean my Abbey thread Un1 its Tamadus v Abbey ERC.

yup - thanks tam.....I'll check it out tomorrow!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Bloody hell peeps its just taken me over an hour to scan this thread. Anyway I've had a reply from Thames Credit, in which they say that they cannot supply agreements etc and have indeed written off my account, and there will be no further contact from them. I would dearly love to now try to claim back the money that we have already paid them and get default (if there is one) removed. Is there a template letter for this, as I dont wan't to send one written by me, as my letter writing skills are not up to the 'standard' that is in the library and I don't want to mug myself off by saying, hello you owe me £...... give it back oh and by the way remove any default etc. I just think that something a little more polished will work wonders.

Thanks in anticipation guys.

Been absent for a little while for various reasons. Good work, including on s85. (They've knocked my local library down and I can't get to the makeshifts for now... bunch of hampton-lickers)

Right... thinking in the case of a credit card (not loans or any other form of credit), let's say:

1. You do a s77 request

2. They reply with a copy without signature, thus complying

3. You right back and challenge the authenticity, asking for a copy with a signature so you can verify this

4. They say "bugger off can't find it"

5. You presume they don't have it. Apparently the debt is still owed.

(a) How do they prove the debt in relation to a credit card (and could I knock together a credit agreement, random list of transactions and sue someone for it)

(b) Surely if they can't prove an agreement ever existed, they can't have charged interest? So you can counter-claim this ALL back (which, if the account has been running for some time, will no doubt exceed the balance owed anyway).

Scenario 2: the card has been defaulted but you don't think they have a signed agreement. How can you check and, if they don't have one, how can they prove the debt? (That is, is the agreement still current?)

How can they justify the balance including interest? Could you counter-claim all interest?

I think one of the Unis has a copy of Goode so I'm going to try to get in but it won't be until the end of next week at the very earliest as I'm so busy. This should explain all. :grin:

Well, I for one would love to know, pcr1. I gave HSBC 10 days to comply with my very generous offer and their time is up. I need to start constructing a convincing N1.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24736-default-removal-katenandpete-hsbc-4.html

Goode? Is this a text on consumer and contract law? If you give me details i'll try and find a copy.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Time I got my nose back to it and put together a convincing claim against Barclaycard for not supplying the agreement under my s77/78 request. Although they have been incredibly quiet of late.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Been absent for a little while for various reasons. Good work, including on s85. (They've knocked my local library down and I can't get to the makeshifts for now... bunch of hampton-lickers)

Right... thinking in the case of a credit card (not loans or any other form of credit), let's say:

1. You do a s77 request

2. They reply with a copy without signature, thus complying

3. You right back and challenge the authenticity, asking for a copy with a signature so you can verify this

4. They say "bugger off can't find it"

5. You presume they don't have it. Apparently the debt is still owed.

(a) How do they prove the debt in relation to a credit card (and could I knock together a credit agreement, random list of transactions and sue someone for it)

(b) Surely if they can't prove an agreement ever existed, they can't have charged interest? So you can counter-claim this ALL back (which, if the account has been running for some time, will no doubt exceed the balance owed anyway).

Scenario 2: the card has been defaulted but you don't think they have a signed agreement. How can you check and, if they don't have one, how can they prove the debt? (That is, is the agreement still current?)

How can they justify the balance including interest? Could you counter-claim all interest?

I think one of the Unis has a copy of Goode so I'm going to try to get in but it won't be until the end of next week at the very earliest as I'm so busy. This should explain all. :grin:

i got to stage two with Littlewoods and haven't written back yet, not really sure what to do, so have left it to see what they do. I do know they haven't got a credit agreement though. I think alot of people are just stalled now.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

i got to stage two with Littlewoods and haven't written back yet, not really sure what to do, so have left it to see what they do. I do know they haven't got a credit agreement though. I think alot of people are just stalled now.

Things are stunningly quiet with me. None of my CC companies has written to me..... yet!! They've all had my "sod off" letter for a week now and total silence.

It won't last - I'm waiting for the avalanche of summonses to pour through my letterbox! :D

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

I rarely write about personal experiences on here, but I must admit to feeling very alone at the moment regarding my CC.

I slapped a section 85 on the bank since I know I wasn't sent a copy of the executed agreement when I was issued with a new card under chip and pin last year and I now know the ramifications of them not doing so. Got a reply back 'looking into your complaint' blah, blah it said. Started getting 'phone calls three or four a day told the gent on the other end of the 'phone that I don't talk to anyone over the 'phone regarding bank matters, and confirmed this in writing.

At the same time slapped a section 77 (I know, I know wrong section) with a £1. Got a reply back from some gent called 'Humphrey'. Looked 'into your complaint, blah, blah, we know the CCA, blah, blah, we always issue terms and conditions with new cards so here is a generic copy which is free of charge'.

The reply to the DPA, produced statements back to 2004, no complement slip or anything. Now out of time frame.

Just wrote asking for the copy under section 78 with the original cheque attached and telling them to stop phoning, your in default etc. Also asked them to send any more data in five days otherwise off to the IC

I cannot believe the arogance of these tw**ts ignoring the complaint, meanwhile piling more pressure on me and the family. I rang the police today, they said they couldn't do anything since the bank will say they have a legitimate right to contact me should they contact them. I know that I need to go to court to get these wazzocks of my back, but I just can't afford the court fees at the moment. I know thay won't because they know that they are in the wrong.

I know I'm doing everything right but at the moment I feel very alone.

It must be said, that although you can offer advice left right and centre at times like these when you are so close to a situation you can't see the wood for the trees.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

I rarely write about personal experiences on here, but I must admit to feeling very alone at the moment regarding my CC.

I slapped a section 85 on the bank since I know I wasn't sent a copy of the executed agreement when I was issued with a new card under chip and pin last year and I now know the ramifications of them not doing so. Got a reply back 'looking into your complaint' blah, blah it said. Started getting 'phone calls three or four a day told the gent on the other end of the 'phone that I don't talk to anyone over the 'phone regarding bank matters, and confirmed this in writing.

At the same time slapped a section 77 (I know, I know wrong section) with a £1. Got a reply back from some gent called 'Humphrey'. Looked 'into your complaint, blah, blah, we know the CCA, blah, blah, we always issue terms and conditions with new cards so here is a generic copy which is free of charge'.

The reply to the Data Protection Act, produced statements back to 2004, no complement slip or anything. Now out of time frame.

Just wrote asking for the copy under section 78 with the original cheque attached and telling them to stop phoning, your in default etc. Also asked them to send any more data in five days otherwise off to the Information Commissioner

I cannot believe the arogance of these tw**ts ignoring the complaint, meanwhile piling more pressure on me and the family. I rang the police today, they said they couldn't do anything since the bank will say they have a legitimate right to contact me should they contact them. I know that I need to go to court to get these wazzocks of my back, but I just can't afford the court fees at the moment. I know thay won't because they know that they are in the wrong.

I know I'm doing everything right but at the moment I feel very alone.

It must be said, that although you can offer advice left right and centre at times like these when you are so close to a situation you can't see the wood for the trees.

Mike

Mike, I sympathise, especially with your final paragraph.

Don't know what else to say but stick with it which is really all that I'm doing. You are not alone.

Until LTSB settle with me then cash is non-existent here also.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

HI Mike

Sorry you feel so alone i have not long explained the feeling to a friend of mine. It unbeliveable who these banks get so deep under our skin. Money is the root of all evil for sure.

I cant see the wood for the trees alot of the time with these wazzoks.

Its fustrating that everything has go in steps and also fustrating that there is no higher bodie that real cares baout what is happning.

You stand your ground and some thing will click and the woods will part ;)

have you tried the telegraph act to stop them calling you.

Previously, I requested that my telephone call with one of your members of staff be confirmed in writing, given the serious nature of this matter. However, I was informed that as a rule you do not confirm telephone calls in writing, even if an agreement has been made. I find this highly unprofessional and incompetent to find that a large banking institution, like Halifax, can proceed carte blanche.

I demand the phone calls stop immediately. I have enquired about the legalities of your actions, which can be classed at harassment, and I am familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act, Protection from Harassment Act 1970, Article 8 of the Human Right Act 1990 and the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949.

Me I just changed my numbers it was wonderfull

BL:)

Just been looking through the 2006 cca and it seems that according to section 15 all the criterea for autmatically rejecting enforcement of a contract will be removed. The date for the application is 6 April 2007. It seems that from that date section 127 will allow the court total discrimination on the matter of weather a contract is enforced or not,weather it is signed or has the prescribed terms will be for the court to decide and will not stop the agreement from being enforced.

The only thing that i can see that willl stop enforcement despite any court ruling will be the new section 77a which relates to the annual issuance of statements whch doesent't come into effect untill 2008.

I came accros a reasoning for this that revolves around the amount of money that is being lost by businesses because they can't produce the documentation.

Am currently arguing with the powers that be about the absurdity of the section 77 issue this just seems like another slap in the face

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

And I thought the consumer credit act was about protecting consumers:-x

From a labour goverment too. But then we've all grown used to that now.

My local blair's babe sent me a reply on the 77/78 issue - forwarded to DTI. Not heard from them yet though.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Thanks number 6 & breadline, I'm going to try and get some money together to take on Mr Humphrey et al.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Just been looking through the 2006 cca and it seems that according to section 15 all the criterea for autmatically rejecting enforcement of a contract will be removed. The date for the application is 6 April 2007. It seems that from that date section 127 will allow the court total discrimination on the matter of weather a contract is enforced or not,weather it is signed or has the prescribed terms will be for the court to decide and will not stop the agreement from being enforced.

The only thing that i can see that willl stop enforcement despite any court ruling will be the new section 77a which relates to the annual issuance of statements whch doesent't come into effect untill 2008.

I came accros a reasoning for this that revolves around the amount of money that is being lost by businesses because they can't produce the documentation.

Am currently arguing with the powers that be about the absurdity of the section 77 issue this just seems like another slap in the face

Peter

I don't think that is how it's meant, in some ways the 2006 act is better than the 1974, because no matter whether the bank has the documentation or not they cannot enforce it without court intervention should a dispute occur.

I think that the banks know that they will lose even more money from not screwing the poor in 'debt' as they see it because they will have to use more legal work. Maybe thats why they are starting to bring in annual fees for current accounts (BBC TV this morning)

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Thanks number 6 & breadline, I'm going to try and get some money together to take on Mr Humphrey et al.

Mike

Mike, have you investigated whether you can get a court fee exemption, or mitigation? Do you receive Tax Credits? Even if you are *just* on a low income there is a form you can fill in to apply for a partial fee waiver.

Pete

don't think that is how it's meant, in some ways the 2006 act is better than the 1974, because no matter whether the bank has the documentation or not they cannot enforce it without court intervention should a dispute occur.

Section 15 2006 Act

In section 127(of the 1974 act parts subsections 3to 5 shall have no effect.

Section 3- 5 of 127 instruct the court wnen they cannot enforce an action.

Removing the sections means the court are able to enforce without the information stipulated in sections 60(1)-64

Previosly the court could not enforce without the afore mentioned.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Mike,

Just throwing my pennyworth in here.

Stick with the programme and it will all turn around soon. I've had 3 more successes but they were relatively simple ones. The toughies now for me are Barclaycard and GEMoney, who don't seem to care about the legal aspects as they are getting deeper and deeper into the mire, but I still don't seem to be making progress with them.

I know how you feel and I often feel the same, but I try top remember that we are right and they are wrong in this mess that they have created.

What really annoys me now is the media continually reporting that they will start charging for accounts and increase interest rates to recover the profits they are losing through claims.

Let's never forget these claims are for charges levelled UNLAWFULLY. The profits they are losing are also UNLAWFUL. The authorities should be telling them to chargedifferently just to recover unlawful profits is also unlawful IMHO.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

My understanding is that the new section 127 will not effect sections 77/78 - it is more to do with errors in drafting etc., as opposed to whether an agreement actually exists.

Not Directly but due to the current situation regarding signatures and section 3 of the S.I.1557.

If you refuse to accept the copy of the agreement then the creditor could take you to court under 2006 and there would be no clause 127 3-5 to stop them.

Peter

Just found some of the info i refered to earlier.

Yes ther is some good stuff in the act regarding default and account informatio plus the "unfairness tests"that will replace the extortianate bargaining rules.

"6. Section 127, subsections (3)-(5) of CCA 1974 have been repealed so as to give courts a discretion as to whether agreements should be deemed unenforceable. The CCA 1974 automatically renders agreements unenforceable where, for example, certain prescribed information has not been included in the agreement. This discretion will certainly be helpful to lenders in light of the increased prescribed information to be provided under the CCA 2006."

Just found some of the info i refered to earlier.

Yes ther is some good stuff in the act regarding default and account informatio plus the "unfairness tests"that will replace the extortianate bargaining rules.

"6. Section 127, subsections (3)-(5) of CCA 1974 have been repealed so as to give courts a discretion as to whether agreements should be deemed unenforceable. The CCA 1974 automatically renders agreements unenforceable where, for example, certain prescribed information has not been included in the agreement. This discretion will certainly be helpful to lenders in light of the increased prescribed information to be provided under the CCA 2006."

This is not yet on the statute books though is it?

Pete

This particular section comes into force om the 6th of April 2007.

Peter