Wescot/RBofS.....Oh Dear!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Response from RW&C already, "we note your threats of litigation and reserve the right to produce this letter in court"! So that obviously wasn't very scary then?!!

Perhaps because they are a DCA and not a bank they don't understand the seriousness of their position. You may wish to cc the letter to the OC.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

One question though.......how did you get them to actually respond.

What address are you writing to Josie?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What address are you writing to Josie?

Original CCA & SAR Request & default notice went to:

Royal Bank of Scotland Plc

36 St Andrew Square

Edinburgh

EH2 2YE

Letter sent today went to answering their letter over bank charges and teling me they considered it end of matter & to go to Ombudsman

Royal Bank of Scotland Plc

Cards Customer Services,

Customer Contact Centre,

PO Box 5747

Southend - on -Sea

Essex

SS1 9AJ

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Bank charges I have had a full offer made but no removal of default so haven't accepted. The address for bank charges was:

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc

Customer Relations Unit

Retail Support

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

Letters for Credit Card relating to this thread were:

Miss H Bennett

Account Manager

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc

Cards Customer Services

PO Box 6050

Southend on Sea

SS99 1WL

Thanks Rory

Edited by Josie8

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Rory, thought it was only respectful, after all your so cool and calm responses and help, that I should subscribe:)

Way to go mate, and all the best:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

Good result, Rory. No stressing out on this thread!! :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

hi rory,

i guess i'm 1 for 10 now then! great thread, love how fast they caved after you used the AML angle! Are you going to pursue them/cra to remove the default notice/s?

kind regards,

shane

ps any other threads you can recommend would be greatly appreciated

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

I'll get around to the default removal eventually Shane. At the moment it's not that big a priority.

Hi Everyone,

I have an account with Wescot, that I have an arrangement on.

To check my understanding, I should write to them under the CCA requesting the original signed copy from HFC to prove the debt.

My question is that whilst I have been making payments to them for over 12 mths, if they cannot(and HFC) provide the documentary evidence, within the time frames required under Law, I am able to stop such payments and refuse to acknowledge this debt?

All advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

you should continue paying westcott until such time you should write to them under the CCA requesting the original signed copy from HFC to prove the debt.as they are .the ones who say you .origionally owed the alledged debt too ,then whilst you wait to receive the information you requested write to westcott for a stay in their collections if you find the origional debts consists of overcharging and eronious charges then you can and should remind them you are now in dispute with the origional creditor and inform them that due to this you are now about to cease payments to them (wesctot)alternatively if you have given the origional creditors time to respond and they have failed then write once more pointing out their mistakes and you are now applying for an action to be taken against them for falure to provide the details you need then write to wescot and inform them the bill is now in dispute and no more money shall pass to them until you have satisfaction,and remind westcott not to persue this matter any further due to legal action against the origional creditor

Hi Everyone,

I have an account with Wescot, that I have an arrangement on.

To check my understanding, I should write to them under the CCA requesting the original signed copy from HFC to prove the debt.

My question is that whilst I have been making payments to them for over 12 mths, if they cannot(and HFC) provide the documentary evidence, within the time frames required under Law, I am able to stop such payments and refuse to acknowledge this debt?

All advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

thats right, send them a CCA request, see library for template letters and make sure you send it recorded delivery. If they do not send you a response within 12 days of receiving your request they are in default and cannot enforce the debt at all, ie chase you for payment, add interest, charges etc. if this carries on for a month they commit a criminal offence.

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Also start your own thread on this Nadeem.

Please feel free to pinch whatever you like.