Just been to court/CL finance**WON IN COURT**

bluetack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Judge struck the case out on non compliance of CCA request. A copy of an application for credit is not acceptable.

pay attention peeps!!!! remember the law!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:-D :-D CONGRATULATIONS :-D :-D

Well done bluetack!

Just read the entire thread.... WOW!.... Just goes to show with great help an a lot of determination, we all stand a chance! :)

Best Wishes,

Symeon.:wink:

Well done bluetack

the judge seemed uninterested in the credit agreement, as if it didn't really matter as far as the debt was concerned.

was it the same judge

Judge struck the case out on non compliance of CCA request. A copy of an application for credit is not acceptable..

did he change his mind

Dont forget to get default removed.

The judge pointed out that I actually knew more about points of law than both solicitors put together, red faces or what?

]

Rory you should apply to DCA as legal advisor

:o:o No way we'd all be stuffed !!!

Good point.

They can stick with their own guys.

I wonder if it was on a 'no win no fee' basis, they'd be embarrassed to send in the bill if not.

bluetack, inspiration comes to mind,:cool: well done, we will all be looking a lot closer at our cca etc.

We've always known Rory was the Bee's knee:p .

CONGRATULATIONS!!

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Congratulations -theory is all well & good but nothing beats putting it into practice !

For all peeps out there the Wilson case also made it clear that in the event of no acceptable CCA then the creditor couldn't recover monies owed under ordinary contract law REGARDLESS of whether they could prove debt existed or not.....

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Great dogs! Bluetack brilliant achievement. You were wobbly but stuck with it and had excellent advice from CAGers notably Rory. We just use the law against them. They have gotten away with riding roughshod for so long most of these DCAs must be bemused by the "little guy's" success. Loving it.

Thanks everyone, I was 'wobbly' and nearly gave in and offered payments, but I didn't have anything to lose by fighting.

It was a different judge, this one was really on the ball (and on my side I think). I really didn't have to say much as everything was written down in my statement. The whole session was recorded.

As long as the DCA only provide an application for credit, not the executed agreement, and you take along the relevent bits fron CCA 1974 +2006, they have no argument.

I have left out some important info that I have just remembered.

The solicitors were just representing CL Finance and were not from the actual company.

Maybe this was because I had the hearing moved to my local court.

When you say an application for credit - what did it consist of? Were any of the prescribed terms on the back of paper or were they missing all together? How did the Judge determine it was an application for credit - by the heading? I am curious because I have a couple of what I think are applications for credit but some people are saying that they will suffice as executed agreements at court.

Any way well done for holding your nerve!:-)

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

The so called 'credit agreement' said on the top 'application for credit'.

There were no terms or conditions or APR. There was the bit about the consumer credit act 1974 in a small box and my signature was very clear, I will post it up with the court docs when they arrive!

Thanks would appreciate it and once again Well Done !!

Will certainly be using this as inspiration in my own battles against Sainsburys, RBOS and Halifax - none of whom seem able to produce any CCAs for credit card debts totalling £6K. While not disputing the debt, I originally wanted to challenge some of the terms they were applying to my account. Now it turns out they can't even provide the agreement at all!

Well done, Bluetack! I'll certainly be ploughing into these banks on the same basis you did.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Monty, I've read your pm, I will post up all the details of this case when the papers saying 'struck out' arrive from the court. This should help with your defence. I must say, the ruling is taking a long time to get here, I hope I didn't just dream that I won!!!:oops:

would it be possible to use this case as precedent? Is there a published verdict?

Monty

Nope. This was a county court judgement, and so can't be used as a binding precedent.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Many thanks. I really think I have Amex on the ropes. Following a CCA request they sent me two applications for two cards that I had paid off years ago, for the two which they have deafulted me for and sent to a DCA (NCO) they have only sent print-outs of their T&C's for the defaulted ones. They have just passed the 12 working day phase (in default) and I had another letter off their data controller today telling me that they were trying to locate my "documents". I have also sent a CCA request to the DCA (Amex returned my CCA cheque and the customer services people said they had sent me the relevant docs and fulfilled their obligation, their data controller is a little more interested though). I have now stopped paying the DCA so that should precipitate some response.

I now need to work out my strategy and see that Dave is in a similar position and simply invited them to initiate legal action. I may go the same route. I have paid them about £7 K since default, I am not sure I can get this back but over the years have paid them £12 K in interest, only £500 in charges and they game me back 50%, I am going to go for the rest soon.

I need to be armed to the teeth so would be very grateful for any advice and help you guys can offer.

Kind regards

Monty

Best to start your own thread on this Monty.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well, the judgment arrived from the court today:

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) The claimant's application for summary judgment be dismissed.

2) The claimant's having failed to comply with the order of 14th May 2007 by failing to provide copies of card statements from February 2004 to July 2006 - claim stands struck out.

3) Claimant shall pay defendant's costs assessed at £50.00

Is this dissapointing or what?

No mention of CCA at all!

Did the judge leave this out on purpose???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: