• Tweets

• What type of finance is it?   HP, PCP, Loan? They want her to ring so they can bully her into making payments she can't afford...unless she can record her calls then IMHO, I'd keep everything in writing. Is £400 SSP her only income? There's no chance they will justify taking half of that.   Lodge a formal complaint with them ASAP, exhaust it, and then you can escalate it sooner rather than later, ruddy sharks!  
    • Is all of this actually on the signage? Don't remember seeing that much detail on other threads.
    • If I have learnt one thing from this forum, it's not to call and communicate via email. I passed this info on to her and they are pushing for her to call them.    "Unfortunately, you will need to call us. The conversation won’t be so black and white as to therefore type over email. In a nutshell we can confirm that the request to not pay for 3 months we cannot put in place"  I emailed them back on her behalf and said that what ever is discussed over the phone will need to be put in an email so that she can review it properly. No decisions will be made on that phone call.    "Once we speak to you on the phone we will follow up with an email to confirm the options discussed. [Phone number]"   Why are they pushing for a phone call? If its not so black and white, why can they then follow up with an email?  
    • Appreciate input Andy, updated: IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;     I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim.   1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. The Defendant has not entered any contract with the Claimant. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 21/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Claimant has been unjustly enriched at the expense of the Defendant by purchasing bulk debt at a greatly reduced cost and subrogating for the original creditor in trying to recuperate the full amount of the original debt 12. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help photos without consent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sure that the other club's website owners will remove the photo if they are asked nicely.

The real issue I had with the OP was insisting that the photos must be destroyed. That is not a reasonable request, seeing as they were taken by another player's wife and not even in any official capacity.

There is no logical reason why allowing spectators to take photographs is any worse for the children playing than allowing spectators to attend at all.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the foster parent should report the situation to the children's Social Worker. I to am a secretary for a local club so understand where your coming from but the children's information is on a 'need to know basis', I'm mearly suggesting did you really need to know, not your fault at all-I don't expect a reply as it is removing the question you posted from your child.

The website adminstrator is the person who took the photos.

I know for a fact she will not remove the photos even if she is asking nicely, she thinks she is above everyone else, and i know she will get a bee in her bonnet about it

sorry but this threads has become ridiculous and should be closed and removed.

its turned from a simple enq, into, well i knew there was a vunerable child in some of the photos, but i did not what to use this as a lever to get my own way. other persons situations are being discussed outside of their permission.

moderators i think it should be buried now.

PC nation gone mad:confused: :p

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think it's been well established that the taking of pictures at a public event is well within the law, and I'm sure that the original posters worries for the at risk child are well intentioned.

BUT, what is the chances of the natural parents actually seeing the pics on this photography site, and being able to act on them?

It would be quite unusual for a child at that much risk to be still in the area of 'danger'. Especially in the case where abduction is thought to be a real possibility. Moreso if the foster parents have moved 3 times in 2 years( which is unusual in itself, the child is normally moved )

I can't help wondering if the OP objections and hopes are more to do with the talent show! And IF he becomes famous the pictures could be sold.

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

ticked the box there!

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PC nation gone mad:confused: :p

dx100uk

Totally agree mate

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

I know for a fact she will not remove the photos even if she is asking nicely, she thinks she is above everyone else, and i know she will get a bee in her bonnet about it

With respect, why ask for advice on what to do if you aren't even going to bother to ask for the pictures to be removed? This would be the obvious place to start.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Copyright in a photograph belongs to the photographer in almost every circumstance. The most common exceptions are:

- where the photographer is employed as such, and the contract of employment specifically gives the employer copyright

- where the copyright is assigned to someone else, usually upon payment or as part of a commission

There is no law preventing someone taking photographs in a public place, or even at a school. LEAs don't have to get permission or clearance - they do it because they don't know the law and think it'll cover their backsides.

Correct Scarlet. The only thing they could do would be to ask that person to leave the schools property. If they continued to take photo's from a public place outside the school property the police could be called & they would/could arrest that person as being a risk to public order.

However an at risk child being photographed IS a different matter. If Social Services are the childs guardian then they can insist the photo's be removed from a public website. If their request is refused & whilst there is no criminal offence they could apply for a civil injuction (& would almost certainly get it) to have it removed with the costs probably being awarded against the website owner

Correct Scarlet. The only thing they could do would be to ask that person to leave the schools property. If they continued to take photo's from a public place outside the school property the police could be called & they would/could arrest that person as being a risk to public order.

So, noone can take photos anywhere anymore then? Taking photos is a Public Order offence? rofl! What tripe!

However an at risk child being photographed IS a different matter. If Social Services are the childs guardian then they can insist the photo's be removed from a public website. If their request is refused & whilst there is no criminal offence they could apply for a civil injuction (& would almost certainly get it) to have it removed with the costs probably being awarded against the website owner

They can insist can they? What legistlation are you reading this from? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you can produce it...

It is long held that taking photographs in public places is not illegal, I was looking at a whole website set up about this issue a while ago, but I forget the name and url of it right now. It is also legal to take photographs on private property that is usually open to the public (prime example being a supermarket), although I'm not quite 100% sure on the 2nd point.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Oh, and like barracad says, quite rightly, unless you're going to ask the publisher to remove them, then there's not a lot we can do here to help you.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Ah, found one source - this is a VERY interesting read...

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/media/UKPhotographersRights.pdf

--

So, noone can take photos anywhere anymore then? Taking photos is a Public Order offence? rofl! What tripe!

No-one has said this. However, the article you helpfully referenced shows some occasions when it can cause problems. It's certainly an issue with which many police officers are not familiar - I watched a photographer being hassled by armed police in London because he was taking pictures in the street near some embassies - he'd done nothing wrong but they were certainly talking about public order offences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pliny the Penuriosus viewpost.gif

They can insist can they? What legistlation are you reading this from? I'd be interested in seeing it, if you can produce it...

Children Act 1989 - overriding principle - the welfare of the child is paramount - the child in question as I understand it is at risk of harm if her parents discover her wherabouts.

But as has been said on many times a simple request for the photos to be removed by the OP would be the starting point.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

It doesn't really sound, to be fair, like the OP is that concerned about the "at risk child" - more the fact that it could be used as an angle to get the photographer / website to remove ALL pictures of the match from the public domain.

Presumably it is down to the photographer what they do with these images - I'm sure they would appear very churlish if they refused to take them down with a valid reason, even if that reason was "I don't want photographs of my child on the internet." But reading between the lines, it all does sound a little "precious" and the OP doesn't want anyone but them (or their agent) owning ANY images rights to their son.

Judging from what I see on TV, some programmes go out of their way to get ANYONE shown in their clips to sign disclaimers to enable their images to be shown on TV, eg Trigger Happy TV - and anyone who refuses or can't be traced has their face blurred out.

On some of the car forums I contribute to, blanking out someone else's numberplate is also "common decency" if posting a picture of their car, in the interests of preventing cloning etc - but again, it isn't a hard and fast "law", because it is just information which is readily available in the public domain anyway.

Seems a whole lot of fuss about nothing, if you ask me. If the photographer DOES refuse to remove them (and you give a valid reason) and you still want to take it further, then progress it with whoever he/she was taking the photographs on behalf of (the club?) - but please make sure you give your true reasons for acting. You can't speak on behalf of the "at risk child", no matter what you say, because frankly that's none of your business.

I meant to add (about disclaimers) - if your son agreed to play in the match, he may have given consent for the photographs to be taken - just as the guardians of the "at risk" child may also have done.

I'm sure the club has paperwork that people need to sign before they can turn out onto the field - I would check that you haven't explicitly agreed to photographs being taken before complaining too strongly.

Quote:

Children Act 1989 - overriding principle - the welfare of the child is paramount - the child in question as I understand it is at risk of harm if her parents discover her wherabouts.

But as has been said on many times a simple request for the photos to be removed by the OP would be the starting point.

Correct Gizmo.

As for being tripe it shows the poster who made that comment lacks knowledge. The police can make a demand that you move on or cease what your doing even if it's normaly lawful behaviour & if you refuse they can arrest you for a public order offence. In fact all offences are now arrestable offences.

To refuse the instructions of a police officer is an arrestable offence although they will have to justify it when they get you to the nick.

"I instructed this person to move on or cease what they were doing & they refused so I arrested them gov"

Quote:

Cheers gizmo.

--

Correct Gizmo.

As for being tripe it shows the poster who made that comment lacks knowledge. The police can make a demand that you move on or cease what your doing even if it's normaly lawful behaviour & if you refuse they can arrest you for a public order offence. In fact all offences are now arrestable offences.

To refuse the instructions of a police officer is an arrestable offence although they will have to justify it when they get you to the nick.

"I instructed this person to move on or cease what they were doing & they refused so I arrested them gov"

Exactly, justification is needed.

I'm stood at a bus stop, if a copper tells me to "move on" I'd ask him why, if he could give no reason, or no valid reason then I'd be staying put. If he decided to lift me for it then so be it. That'd be his problem not mine.

--

No-one has said this. However, the article you helpfully referenced shows some occasions when it can cause problems. It's certainly an issue with which many police officers are not familiar - I watched a photographer being hassled by armed police in London because he was taking pictures in the street near some embassies - he'd done nothing wrong but they were certainly talking about public order offences.

Erm...

Hmm...

--

This is a very strange one.

Last weekend my 15 year old son played in a friendly football match, it was a dads V dads match from 2 junior clubs, my son wanted to play and the referee said he could.

now comes the problem.

One of the opposition players wifes who is the website adminsitrator for their junior club took photographs of the game without any permission or any consent forms signed. No approach was made to anyone from our club.

The other club have now published the photographs on the internet on their club website.

My main concern is that I was not told anyone would be taking photographs and I did not see anyone taking photographs.

My next concern is that my son has an audition for a very famous saturday night tv show next saturday and my son and I both have to sign a disclousure form about recordings and photographs.

Does anyone know of any template letter I could send to the club and also to the FA.

This is a serious child proection issue.

Thanks

Dont want to be rude... but could i suggest a hobby? as you obviously have lots of spare time on your hands. Also there are many charitable organisations out there crying out for volunteers. It would be a much better use of your time rather than worrying about none existant "issues".

Sorry but I'm going to stick my oar in as well; I have had a look through the thread and, from the point of view of the child in foster care ( the one who isn't your son ) I can see a valid point.

IMHO the fact that you are happy for your son to go on a national TV talent show seems a little bit ad odds with not wanting a snapshot of him at a friendly game appearing on a website that, in all honesty, will probably not even be viewed by that many people.

I'm not trying to inflame things or be confrontational but felt compelled to respond...

Just browsing through the latest posts in this topic and had a quick re-read, and a thought came to mind.

The photographer would have no knowledge of the 'at risk' childs status, and prob didn't even notice him, as the OP states (in 2nd post)

appears on some of the photos in the background.

If the OP tells the photographer the reasons for wanting the pics removed, she is going to be breaching the child's right worse than the photographer.:o

But, I guess if the OP did the sensible thing, advise the foster parents of the situation, then she/he (?) would not be able to get the budding super star off the net!

And I'm gonna hazard a guess here, that the OP would not be satisfied if the 'at-risk' child is just removed from the pics.

Sorry If I sound dismissive or inflamatory, but I do not believe that the OP objections really stem from the 'at-risk' childs protection.

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate