• Tweets

• First thing to do is what the the DVLA website extract says - write to the Central Casework Group with full details of your licence, adding that you spoke to DVLA call centre xx/xx/xxxx and they told you they couldn't see the details either.  Get proof of posting. Are you in physical possession of your Driving Licence Photocard? And the card shows it is still current? If so include a photocopy of it when you write to DVLA. There's no reason for you to assume that the licence has been cancelled or that you have been banned. Just some IT problem at DVLA. I wouldn't go into all the stuff about your court case last year. There's no evidence that the current glitch in the DVLA system is anything to do with it and it will just muddy the waters.  Most comparision sites ask for your licence number. You can get quotes without the licence being checked but when you take up an insurer's quote they then check your licence number against the DVLA website to make sure it is valid and to check if any Points for motoring offences are recorded. If you are unable to access your licence details on DVLA then insurers won't be able to either so they will refuse to proceed and cancel their quote. 
    • How about posting the full email, rather than just the bits you want us to see??
    • Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
    • Thank you Ethel, their letter was literally one line, with an added bonus of a typo..... "As you own the land that the property was damaged on we would not be able to dela with that aspect of the claim.", so I think it may be the initial fob off. I have replied just stating "This is not correct, the fence is owned by XYZ ltd, please clarify?", but will follow it up with a letter from the company. will let you know how I get on x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I claimed against HSBC for 1 loan I had more than 6 years ago. They replied having found another 2 I wasn't aware of that were older.

Got an offer today of £3572 for all 3.

Lloyds did that with me on an old business account for my company, I claimed one, they came back with another one as well! Thank you Lloyds, although I am still miffed they pushed the PPI on me in the first place the way they did...success though.

I claimed against HSBC for 1 loan I had more than 6 years ago. They replied having found another 2 I wasn't aware of that were older.

Got an offer today of £3572 for all 3.

Sent the confirmation off on the 5th and it got paid in today. Only 7 days! I was expecting 4 weeks!

Hi all. Just had to register and tell you an almost unbelievable story...

About 6 months ago, I went to my bank (LTSB) and told them that I felt I had been missold PPI on my first loan going back about 15 years ago (or more). I told them that I wanted them to send me all the details of all the loans I ever had from them. They said they would try, but going back that far was difficult.

Anyway, about 2 months later, they rang me at home. The woman on the other end asked if I would like to make an appointment with an advisor to see if they could help me with my account. 'Hold on' I said, 'what have you lot done about my loans information?'. She was confused and said she knew nothing about it and that there were no records of me making any request for the details (LOL). I explained that I wanted the information so that I could take it to a company that deals with PPI claims. She told me that they could do all that and that there was no need for me to go to a third party. 'Oh yeah' I thought, but after quickly running through the reason why I thought I had been missold the protection, she said something like 'oh dear, I am so sorry' and then she said that she would personally put the claim through.

A week later I had a letter from the bank's own investigation department, saying all was underway and I may have to wait up to 12 weeks for a decision.

A few days before Christmas, I received 5 seperate letters from the bank offering me a total of just over £18,000. The said they had to guess the amounts from the older loans.

I can't believe it. Not one form filled out. No one questioning the validity of my claim. Anyway, all good :)

lloyds guestimating for you

now thats RARE!

and coughing on old debts too

it would be nice if you start a thread in the PPI forum

and we go through these

as there are many many people on hear that have been batted away with the

we have no paperwork - sri cant cough excuse fromthem

please tell us more

start a thread

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, I thought 'PPI Successes' thread would be the perfect place to post in. If you wish to move this to a new thread then just tell me where you have put it please ;)

There is no more to tell really. The only bit I didn't tell about was my reasons for thinking I had a claim. My very first loan was about 15 years ago and was for £7,500. I basically had about the same running ever since. The LTBS blokey (Mr G) that dealt with that first loan (and I remembered his name, which may have helped) told me that if I didn't have the PPI then I wouldn't get the loan. He said it was an unspoken bank policy. Simple as that! The thing is, I told the woman (on the phone) that I continued with that in mind on every loan since. Which was no lie. I never once claimed a penny or missed a payment on any loan. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Edit>> It was actually 18 years ago. Shocked!!

no i just didnt want to clutter up this thread with the details

so you rolled over loan into loan?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just had a PPI reclaim success with HSBC. Reclaim for 1 loan of 2, that ended last year. I didn't have the paperwork for the other loan and tbh I'm a bit lazy so couldn't be bothered with the SAR etc :) I put the questionnaire in at the end of November and just had an offer letter back last week, offering me just over 9k for both loans! It was far higher than I expected so I'm well pleased, especially with my first holiday in 6 years coming this May that's now all paid for, including a nice room upgrade with the money :)

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

I've just recieved an offer of £1200 regarding ppi from lloyds how do I know if this is the correct offer I'm entitled too , I'm currently using a company called I smart to chase this ppi claim up , but I have recieved a letter direct from lloyds with an this offer , I gotta give I smart 25% of the monies I recieve for the work they put in chasing lloyds up . I've had no paper work from my previous loans , but lloyds are saying this is the average pay out . Do I have to expert there offer or can I take further action ??????

I've just recieved an offer of £1200 regarding ppi from lloyds how do I know if this is the correct offer I'm entitled too , I'm currently using a company called I smart to chase this ppi claim up , but I have recieved a letter direct from lloyds with an this offer , I gotta give I smart 25% of the monies I recieve for the work they put in chasing lloyds up . I've had no paper work from my previous loans , but lloyds are saying this is the average pay out . Do I have to expert there offer or can I take further action ??????

Hi

Start your own thread in the PPI forum....you'll get a lot of help there.

ims

Just accepted an offer made by Barclays with regard to Insurance on my overdraft, they have offered me the full amount plus interest without real question so can expect £3100 in my account in next few days, thanks to all on here for the advice.

Congratulations!

It says in my offer 'Interest calculated up to 02/01/2012', so I expected to have had the payment by now, but nothing yet. Reading other posts, I think they all like to keep it in their hands for as long as possible. They must be able to make more from keeping it than the extra interest that I will be demanding.

PPI success for me against HFC bank - they made an offer of £2300, which was what I'd requested (PPI payments plus statutory interest) so I accepted immediately. They said it would be in my account within 28 days so I'm expecting them to hang onto it until day 27 - but good result, nevertheless! Now to tackle Ocean Finance...

I haven't had any PPI claims of my own, but I've helped a friend and a co-worker successfully reclaim their PPI charges from Barlcays and TSB respectively.

Neither case went to court, and the latter received a payment in excess of £5000.00 (for which I was given the very nice reward of £500.00 -[edit]

The first received just over £200.00, but I was quite surprised, as they initially sent a copy of the individual's original contract showing their signature - and in the small print the details of the PPI. However, we argued that they were never made explicitly aware and it seemed enough to make them cough off - rather than extend it to the Ombudsman.

Phil

well cause they were they prob got got +£1000 out of you!

we dont really consider CMC claims a success as its a loss really

dx

and they

Well, I rang LTSB to ask what had happened to their 'We will pay the money into your accout as soon as possible' statement, and after waiting 20 minutes in the queue, I finally spoke to someone. She said that she would mark my claim to say I was chasing the money. She said that it should prioritise me slightly, but she could still not give me any sort of time frame for the payout. That was Monday. Today the cash is here. Two days later and over £18,000.

I know I have had a real easy time compared to many here. Just wanted to say that I hope you all manage to get what's owed SOON.

Thanks Jotty. I may have just waited had you not posted.

Thanks Evo, I rang the number on my letter and a very nice chap said I would receive it within a few days of returning the letter, you may need to give your a call to.

• 2 weeks later...

:whoo:TOTAL SUCCESS MY FIRST WIN:whoo:

Ok spent £2.80 x 2 letters requesting back my unfair ppi and £1.30 on a telephone call total £3.10

One hour in letter writing in my spare time,

Receiced a letter within two weeks saying the bank will investigate,

Week 3,

Received a offer from them!

On my workings out at 8% from 2001 todate on the loan of £7000,(Loan was settled in 2005)

Spot on with the offer:-o(fair game)

Now waiting 28 days for my cash to go into my account and make my back manager happy,

Do it yourself

Never use a company"its easy ( one down and four to go)

Can any mod please move my post to the success forum,

I will donate some cash for this website on the day it arrives,:-D

Edited by justice4me

Ok Lloyd TSB Paid £2815 for PPI Paid after 7 weeks.

Did not ask for a set amount but the award works out so-

Refund of premiums £1046.98

Early settlement difference £1500.50

Interest at 8% 268.42

total £2815.90

This was a claim for my son who defaulted on loan after about 2 1/2 years,basically the settlement figure comes to just under what the PPI total payment would be at the Interest rate at the time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336695-PPI-Roberts-vs-Lloyds&p=3706579#post3706579