• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DRM getting back my Lloyds PPI **** SUCCESS****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, Great website I have been coming and going to this site for the past few years and have decided I have had enough of Lloyds Tsb.

I have drasticly changed my life stye to repay loans and CCs from my 20s and have come a long way but need a bit of help with claiming my Ppi back from Lloys TSB.

I have sent of a SAR for all my info, I pretty much no how much Lloyds owe me but wanted to see what Info they have on me and if it ties up with what paper work I all ready have.

The loan came about after Lloyds Tsb asked me to have a reveiw of my account.

On the 17th November 2006 I had a meeting with Sam ~~~~~ at my LLoyds TSB branch, In the meeting my outgoing where discussed and Sam recomended my loans and Cc's ect be consoldidated into one loanwhich I agreed to.

Sam told me because of the amount of the loan £22000 that I wouldn't probably get the loan with out PPI, now with all my other much smaller loans I didn't have PPI so I didn't queston it.

So I got approved for the Loan which was £354.29 PPI is £90.29 Totaling £444.58 for 84 months

I did tell Sam that I had an Endowement policy maturing in 4 months time which would pay out £3000, she didn't ask what redundency/sick pay I would get or anything like that.

At the time of taking out the loan I had worked for the same company for 3 and half years I got SSP and at the managers discretion full sick pay which I recieved and also redundency pay.

Now I have a copy of my employment contract which stats the above.

I feel a bit foolish now thinking back, why on earth did I agree to loan let alone the PPI. I would have be rid of this burden long ago had I just carried on paying the individual loans ect.

What do you recon my chances are for reclaiming my PPI back is?

Thank you in advance, Dave

Hi

Looks to me like you have grounds for a claim.

You know, of course, that you can claim back the ppi plus the interest the bank charged you plus 8% on each payment made?

Have you got all of your payment dates?

Regards

ims

Yep I've got all the payment dates, I've seen a spread sheet on here I'll fill out to get a more accurate amount.

My Sar stuff is with Dhl being delivered Monday, will a copy of my Cca be in with the Sar bundle?

Hello ims

I have received my SAR Bundle and to be honest, a lot of it is computer screen shots showing nothing lol

Spent the evening going through it all and there's a few bits missing. No Personal loan checklist (I do have my own copy) but they have sent me a "Your Personal Summary & Our Recommendation" which has nothing to do with the loan is in my current address not the one I had when I took out the loan and is dated 17/10/2011 oh and its not signed???? not sure what use that is to anyone.

I have filled out the Spread sheet but have a question the PPI cost me £5606.29 which they paid themselves when I took out the Loan surely I should ask for £5606.29 plus interest on the 55 payments which is £1295.12 and then the 8% compensation which is £952.45 so a total of £7853.83

With the spread sheet its only £6098.98

Also found out I had been paying PPI on a CC so I bit more to claim back as well.

I'm still paying it of, I have paid 55 payments out of the 84 term of the loan.

Hi

In your spreadsheet you list the 55 payments you have actually made and the sheet works out the 8% on those payments. As there are 29 payments left, you haven't actually paid out for all of the PPI so you don't get interest on the unpaid part.

They will make an adjustment to the loan for the unpaid part of the PPI.

If you haven't done so already, have a read of No.1 in my signature.

ims

Thank you Ims.

I have put together a letter below does this sound ok?

Dear **********.

Thank you for enclosing part of my SAR request unfortunately you have not fully completed the SAR in accordance with the data protection act 1998.

When I request all details, I take that to include all data applicable to the loan accounts ******** and Cedit card account ******* including the data on payment protection insurance (PPI) including the terms and conditions applicable to the insurance applied to the loans this you have failed to do.

You have sent me a ‘Your Personal Summary & Our Recommendations’ which does not collate to any loans I have had from Lloyds TSB the address is wrong and is dated 18/10/2011 and is unsigned by me or yourselfs, also the information contained in the document is not correct and was not agreed to. Please send me the correct documents as requested above.

I also require any Information regarding a Branch Interview on the 20th November 2006.

I also require any Information regarding an Appointment on the 30th January 2007, I wish to no location, people involved and copies of letters sent regarding both these meetings.

Yours sincerely,

For some reson there is a entry in the customer notes part of the SAR bundle, about an Appointment on the 30th January 2007 which I have no recolection of where apparently it says "UBDERSTANDS THE FULL COST OF THE LOAN AND REFINACING. AFF AND IANDE BOTH POSITIVE. LP FULLY EXPLAINED TO THE CUSTOMER AND TAKEN AS NONE AT MOMENT SA"

why would this have taken place 2 months after I had taken the loan out??? slighlty confused as this is wrong!!

Hi

You can of course question your data and it will be interesting to see what they reply with.

However, this is not essential to your claim.

Now you have your spreadsheet I would get your claim in. Send a letter outlining your reasons for the mis-sale and enclose a copy of the spreadsheet and a completed fos consumer questionnaire. They have 12 weeks to investigate and gove you a final decision before you can refer it to fos.

ims

• 2 months later...

I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to the CAG and you guys who helped me directly.

Just got an offer of £8k wohooooooooo I'm over the moon :)

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay Great day today, moneys been transfered and in my account wohoooo. OH and my wifes told me shes pregnate wohoo I'm on cloud nine at the mo :)

once again Thanks ims21 and CAG. Happy Days.