Im Scared.....helppppppppp

bonnie0852
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!!! after successfully claiming from the Halifax (far too easily) i thought the Shabbey would be the same but it seems not!!!

Im now 5 days away from filing a court claim and i havent gotta clue how to claim the 8% interest on each charge and how long this is going to drag out for??!!!

i've looked at the spreadsheet and honestly dont have a clue how to use it...... ive done my own, listing basic charges but anything more than that and im b******D!

Can someone please humour me and show me the "idiots guide" to calculating the interest and give me a "rough" timescale on how long this might take (i only ask cos ive booked someone to build me a patio with the money im claiming):sad:

All help GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank u

Bonnie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Louis, thank u first of all for replying to my thread!! I dont know if its me or my pc, but whenever i open the spreadsheet its blank........ nothing!!!????

ive clicked on the "vampiress" ones aswell and all i get is a blank spreadsheet with nothing on it apart from the "cells" i think you call them. Is it my pc or am i missing something???

Sorry for being soo dumb but im really panicing now im a few days away from filing in court.

Regards

Bonnie

Thank u soo much louis, your help has made me lot more confident in my next step!!! Ive tipped yr scales and signed the petetions!!! keep up the good work (and u may be hearing from me again)!!!! ;)

Regards

Bonnie

Hi all (told u u'd hear from me again)!!!! my next question is: ive done my spreadsheet with the 8% interest on it , but because im not gonna file my claim til monday how does the interest thing work??? is it on a daily basis and if so by the time my claim is in will the figures have changed ie: gone up and do they keep going up??? how does this affect the amount im orig claiming for in court??? Hope that makes sense!

Regards

Bonnie:p

i wait with baited breath cos the more i read the more i realise i havent gotta clue what im doing in relation to bundles etc...... been reading on here for a few months now and all its doing is scaring me more (im such a wuss)! just hope i dont screw it up in the translation (if u know what i mean)???

Bonnie:confused:

HELP!!!!!!!!!! LOUIS WHERE R U??? ive uploaded my details on spreadsheet but for some reason where (i presume) u finished adding yr list of charges the "formula" stops working ie: its not calculating my days since offence or amount of interest!! :confused: pls pls pls how can i get the formula to carry on thru all the cells and as asked before, how does the interest add up on here when im not adding any more details???? im sooooo stressed and sooo not ready for monday!!!!

Stressed out bonnie

pps.............. had letter from Abbey today asking for ANOTHER 4 WKS to investigate my claim!!!! was expecting it but thought others should c their tactics!!! I sound soooo confident here but its all a mask hiding the fact that im pooping myelf!!!

bonnie

Hi all (u're all mad)!!!! :p nice 2 b able 2 laugh on here considering how complicated it all seems!!! to answer u Kia, i am female and i 2 ask stupid questions and annoy the ass of everyone until i get it in my head (which depending on how much wine ive had can take some time)!!!

In answer to Charley...... im not to sure how to drag the formula down so i'll give it a go and if u hear from me in nxt hour u know i havent done it!! :(

Thanx again for yr help!!!!!

Regards

Bonnie

hi louis, if i start a new s/s how do i create the formula??? this is getting more complicated than i thought!!!! maybe someone else knows how to drag the formula thru all the columns??? (pref the idiots guide would help)!!!

thanx

Bonnie

Flipping hell, u r all mad (and been busy while ive been at work i c)!!!! :D

Dont wanna get in the middle of a domestic here but it works!!!!!! Knellyk (male or female??) thank u sooooo much, now i can do the remainder of my list but with 1 burning question left......... how does the interest change once ive completed it??? do i have 2 change the "days since offence" manually or does it update every time i open it?? gonna b an expert on Excel after this!!

[bonnie..............don't join in they're all completely mad, demanding, overexcitable, unpredictable, nervous, chocoholic, wine drinkers.

/QUOTE]

u've summed me up completely..... u might b outnumbered here?!! :D

Thank u all and let the fighting commence (im off 2 do my s/s now all smiley and happy again)!!!

speak soon

cant say sorry enough here, but just thought of another question:...... is there any way i can keep a running total on my s/s of the interest as it adds up?? i know on a normal s/s u can do "sum" etc and click on the column, but on here because its got another formula on it (i think)??? it wont add up my overall total. Any advice or im i getting really finnicky here???

Thanking u in advance

bonnie:D

bonnie............if you've done it properly then all you need to do is change the date on the spreadsheet to todays date and it does the rest........so in 121 days time when you need to check your interest when you are in final negotiationswith the Abbey , you put in that date and.......kerdunk, it's done for you.:)

121 days!!!! pls tell me yr joking???? :o ive booked a guy 2 do my new patio nxt month with my charges (could b embarrassing)!!

the spreadsheet works out the interest right up to today because the date on the "notes" tab is current. ie. at the bottom of this page in a coloured box...there is a formula which keeps it up to date. the formula is... =TODAY()

sorry if you knew this.

best of luck.

hi kjh!!! do u mind teling me what page u meant??? did u mean this page here (im thinking maybe not) or on the spreadsheet?? if so where exactly do i find it? i havent got the foggiest with excel!!

many thanx

Bonnie

xx

Hi charley, laughed sooo much reading about "your harem" i actually 4got the reason i was here!!! yr ego must be massive with all these women 2 banter with (can i consider myself another one)??? on a serious side (the boring bit) i started my claim (asking 4 my statements) back in feb so im presuming some time in june/july or is that still 2 optimistic???? will my patio b done next summer????? :(

spose its an excuse 2 come on here every nite and join in with the social gathering.... i look 4ward 2 it now!! sad or what!

gonna attempt MCOL 2moz but from what ive read i can do it in stages and "save" it as i go along til i "submit" it???? not looking 4ward 2 that considering i couldnt even master the spreadsheet!!! :confused:

anyway, til later!!!

bonnie

Hi Guys, thanx for yr help and yr optimism (Louis), tho i think we'll look like plonkers sitting on the patio having a barbie at christmas!!! Not the same is it. I'll try and find the N1 form on here 1st and play with it but my local court is Staines Magistrates court...... can i take it there as i think my county court is in Guildford and thats miles away???

Bonnie

Thanx guys 4 yr latest advice, (knellyk.... r u trying to make me feel guilty cos its worked)! :) anything over a 10 min journey is "miles away" 4 me!! guess id better get my sat nav out and type in guildford!!!

ANYWAY...... has anyone heard 2nite about the court case in birmingham that the judge ruled in favor of the bank????? that has shocked me and im REALLY worried now about filing, does anyone feel the same about it??? It cant b good can it?

Bonnie

Hey Louis, i knew i could count on u guys 4 some comfort in my hour of need (or 5 hrs of need since i 1st heard about it on the radio)! Will go and read thread now and hope it puts my mind at rest but as u say, u lot (pardon the expression) on here know what yr on about so the future of my patio is firmly in yr hands (no pressure eh)???

Faithfully

Bonnie

JEEZ louis, thats dreadful!!! i thought i was thick/stupid/naive etc...... i hate asking dumb questions on here again and again but until iget it into my head im gonna carry on so i dont jeopardise it. the fact that "the person" has been given the right advice makes it even sadder, theres no excuse! this site is my life/my bible and my every waking minute is spent on here (plus u can have fun on here aswell)! it must b frustrating 2 "u in the know" when people dont heed yr advice!

Bonnie

i like yr optimism louis!!! (got the beers in the fridge already)! 1 more question b4 i go 2 bed so no rush 2 answer.......... just looked at N1 form and printed it off and was wondering do i just enlarge the PDF form online and type in details then print 3 copies off? i think ive read it right??

anyway bed now but will b popping in 2morrow morn b4 work!!

g'nite all and sweet dreams!

Bonnie

Can someone check my N1 form over pls for right amounts/spelling etc.... many thanx (these r the bits i had 2 type myself)!!

Charges: £1783.00

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984: £576.61

Court Fee: £120.00

TOTAL: £2479.61

Plus interest pursuant to s.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of settlement at £0.39 per day OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

1. The Claimant had an account (Account no: ) with the defendant which was opened on or around November 2000 and closed around May 2004.

2. During the period in which the account was operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The claimant understands that the defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract between itself and the claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the defendant ; exceed any alleged actual loss to the defendant in respect of any breeches of contract on the part of the claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead duly enrich the defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £1783.00 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from February 2001 to February 2007of £576.61 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.39.

6. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the supply Of Goods and Services Act 1982.

Hi, is no-one available 2 quickly check my form over??? :-| im worried ive buggered up the calculations or a stupid spelling mistake i cant c!!!

Anyway, a quickie question:

ive found my local court and am going in 2morrow, but do i submit my basic s/s with just dates/costs and total on it or the s/s with the interest adding up instead?? all help b4 2morrow would be soooooooooooo appreciated!!!

Thanx in advance

Bonnie

Hi charley, thank u and sorry for the texting, its such a habit now i dont even know im doing it (plus im lazy)!

Rbdblynd..... thank u aswell and i have put it in the "Value" box, damn!!!! Does that mean ive gotta print another 4 copies off??? I see what you all mean about ink used if you make a mistake!!

OH NO!!! ive just realised i cant just print another 4 copies off, ive gotta type them all again........ sob sob..... is there no way i could get away with it???????

Regards Bonnie

Hi charley, thank u and sorry for the texting, its such a habit now i dont even know im doing it (plus im lazy)!

Rbdblynd..... thank u aswell and i have put it in the "Value" box, damn!!!! Does that mean ive gotta print another 4 copies off??? I see what you all mean about ink used if you make a mistake!!

OH NO!!! ive just realised i cant just print another 4 copies off, ive gotta type them all again........ sob sob..... is there no way i could get away with it???????

Regards Bonnie

Hi Charley, Robdblynd spotted a mistake where i added my court charge in the value box tho, can i keep it in or re-type another 3 copies??? Dont wanna bugger it up but it took AGES to type it all in???

Bonnie:(

My schedule of charges is ok i think (but im not 2 sure if interest is £0.39 a day.... i hope ive worked it out ok)???