TV licence quarterly payments.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who told you that?

This is from the tv licensing site

Pay quarterly

spacer.gifspacer.gifgrey.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif1 Payment of £35.14 and 3 Payments of £35.12 will be collected from your bank or building society account every three months. If you choose this option, your licence will be paid for in arrears; because of this, a small premium of £1.25 per quarter is included in your payment.

Please note: this option is not available to customers living in the Channel Islands.

It may depend on when your license is due.

They usually take half the amount before the renewal and half the amount after the renewal date

I pay monthly, so if my renewal is january i will have started paying for this last july and my last payment to this license will be this june - then we start again for next years.

ARe the payments i listed above how much you pay?

Why do they insist on paying the first years licence within 6 months when startign up the monthly direct debit? It seems a con to me, as they are always 6 months ahead of the consumer.

It's so that the licence is paid for when the renewal is due.

Guest ArthurP
Why do they insist on paying the first years licence within 6 months when startign up the monthly direct debit? It seems a con to me, as they are always 6 months ahead of the consumer.

I too pointed that out to them. I mentioned the fact that with other things I pay for by DD, such as car insurance, I don't need to pay 6 months in advance for next years poilcy as I may change my mind.

Just like I may decide to sell my TV-why must I do this?

And the lady said they have special rules approved by law. It's a farce.:confused:

Apparently, they make in excess of £10 million pounds a year on the interest on advance payments.

So I read somewhere !!

But PKea's post above clearly states that you are actually paying a premium because you are paying in arrears.

You pay a premium if you use the quarterly direct debit (£5), but not the monthly direct debit, but you do end up paying for the first licence within 6 months of starting the monthly scheme and then you start paying for the next years licence, so they are getting your money for next year (or at least some of it) 6 months in advance.

TV Licensing - Direct Debit information

A bizarre system. I don't know of any insurer who charges an annual premium who would ask to collect the following years premium 6 months in advance if the payments were made by monthly direct debit.

Here`s a good one, you opt to pay your tv licence quarterly, and they take four payments, each at the end of consecutive months.

Quarterly..?

Dont... i have just cancelled my DDR because they were taking the 'quarterly' payments monthly!

Guest ArthurP
But PKea's post above clearly states that you are actually paying a premium because you are paying in arrears.

I think stormwarrior was referring to my post previous to pkea's.

It is a fact that when setting up a direct debit for a years tv licence you then have to pay toward the next one 6 months in advance.

Why?:confused: