Moderator or helper??

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Linz2011

Yes you can, however, there is nothing to stop the bank using the money to pay off any deby you have with them.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi has anyone ascertained how we can get information if we do not have an account number? I have a number of account pre 2000 that i would like to tackle but no idea how to start - equifax have the last four digits of the accounts but that is all??

Any help..................

Hi has anyone ascertained how we can get information if we do not have an account number? I have a number of account pre 2000 that i would like to tackle but no idea how to start - equifax have the last four digits of the accounts but that is all??

Any help..................

I had the same problem so i wrote to the bank i question and they said the could not post me the details. I had to take my passport and a household bill to the local branch as I.D they phoned head office and got it that way.

It matters not if you don't have the account number. A DPA request is on the individual - a bank MUST disclose all information they hold on you regardless of whether you supply them with an account number. Likelihood is they will ask for account numbers, but name address dob etc should be sufficient.

Either that or the link that noomil has given you looks interesting.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Hi all

I think this site is fantastic and a real credit to everyone involved. I am currently working my way through 17 accounts for charges and it is going really well (no success yet but early days), without the step by step guide and help from the others I think I along with others would never have started this - which leads me to my next comment........

I have read threads and threads on here about issues relating to CCA's and unless I am missing something would it not be a good idea to set up a step by step guide for this (or is it not that simple) - it does appear very complex and confusing but I am sure some very knowledgable person could assist with this.

Just a thought - tell me to shut up if you want????

Thanks very much for your comments. As you will probably be aware, this site has grown dramatically over the last twelve months, and at the same time we are having to deal with new tactics from the banks.

Clearly this puts a strain on developing other parts of the forum, but we are trying to do that as we are can.

The issue you have raised is being discussed, and hopefully we will be able to strengthen this area very soon. However, as you will appreciate, it is important that when we do post any step-by-step guide relating to CCA's it will need to have been fully checked out with our legal advisers, and take into account the new legislation.

Please rest assured though, it is being worked on.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am taking on the world at the minute just about every bank owes me something - no success as yet but early days.

However, what i have found is that i am just getting letter after letter apologising for the delay and promising timescales - do I carry on regardless or honour their request for extra time?

thanks

I thought I would start this thread so you can post

Which bank

how much

which stage did they pay

did they close your account

get posting guys !!!!!

Hi

I realise no bank as yet been to court to defend and have paid prior to the hearing - however if they did attend would they win? what would their defence be? do they have to show that it actually costs £30 to bounce a direct debit etc.

Guest louis wu

In a nutshell, they cannot make a profit from their 'charges'. So yes, they would have to prove it actully costs them the amount they charge us, the customer. Considering there is growing evidence to suggest the actual cost of these charges is minimal, they would be foolish to defend on these grounds

Louis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

What is this and when do you claim it - i thought you just claimed your charges back and then added stat interest if it went to court stage??

thanks

• 2 months later...

If you have successfully reclaimed charges applied to a credit card - can you then go down the CCA route?

My argument would be surely by taking the money back you are admitting you have a debt?

What do you think? x

Did you send anything to Moorcroft after they defaulted, or report them to TS? If not you can report them now for passing the account on to another DCA whilst in default of your request. Regarding the new DCA either CCA them as well or write and point out that the account should not have been passed on to them whilst it was in default of a CCA request so they should pass it back to Moorcroft. Do the new ones reckon they have bought the account or are they "acting on behalf of" Moorcroft.

Good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

thanks for that I will do - I did not report Moorcroft - was not sure what to do once they were in default but considered I had a result with them not responding

Thanks again x

Sequenci, I know it only costs £1 to CCA the new DCA, but why should it be

necessary? After all, there is only one original agreement-which Moorcroft don't appear to have and it would seem the original creditor doesn't either.

Moorcroft have already committed a summary offence so passing on the debt

under these circumstances is a breach of the Act.

Sequenci, I know it only costs £1 to CCA the new DCA, but why should it be

necessary? After all, there is only one original agreement-which Moorcroft don't appear to have and it would seem the original creditor doesn't either.

Moorcroft have already committed a summary offence so passing on the debt

under these circumstances is a breach of the Act.

I shouldn't be necessary at all, however, the new DCA is likely to persist with collections activity regardless, at least a CCA to them should halt actions. Currently, the methods employed by DCAs in the UK is horrific, however, there are some cases due in court over the next few months which should hopefully start showing them that they need to change their methods.

With regards to the offence commited by Moorcroft, it's unlikely anything would be done about that, as usual.

• Haha 1