Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone with a good understanding of claiming more than six years take a look at the following thread ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/81772-kevr6384s-parents-barclays-6yrs.html

Thanks

Co-Operative Bank -Settled In Full 02/02/07 :)

A&L - Settled In Full :)

Barclays for Parents - Just Started :)

Natwest - Your Turn Soon :)

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm chasing Yorkshire Bank, I still owe them for one loan and a credit card which went to court

Open a new thread in this forum, where you should find people that are experienced with that bank, and good luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hi.

As stated in my Dusary V HBOS thread - I'm now going back over 20 years. An e-mail was sent from a branch of HBoS to HBoS HQ last Tuesday (April 10th). I learned yesterday (17th) that it is now being actioned. I haven't submitted ANY claims yet.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

How are we getting on with the templates for this?? I am itching to send off a further three claims :)

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

Aoife

Have you checked out the POC in my thread? Glenn Vs Abbey?

You need to include terms to cover Sec 32 of the limitations act at least in principle because the bank are likely to defend using Sec 5.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi,

Well, visited Natwest locally yet again,,,,,,was told by customer services that my account was there so to go back to local branch and ask them to look in the archive for my account no......surprise, surprise, they found it,,,,,so, have the proper account no....then I asked for my copy statements, was told not able to get those,,,,,,manager not available....I told them these statements were available to me but to cut a long story short,,,,,trust me it is a long story,,,,,was yet again, fobbed off with a finishing punch line of, the manager will write to you .......?

Sorry if this has already been answered,,,,but its been a long day and so tired,,,,,has anybody got old statements recently, going back approx 12 years....., please, anybody out there....

Hi,

Well, visited Natwest locally yet again,,,,,,was told by customer services that my account was there so to go back to local branch and ask them to look in the archive for my account no......surprise, surprise, they found it,,,,,so, have the proper account no....then I asked for my copy statements, was told not able to get those,,,,,,manager not available....I told them these statements were available to me but to cut a long story short,,,,,trust me it is a long story,,,,,was yet again, fobbed off with a finishing punch line of, the manager will write to you .......?

Sorry if this has already been answered,,,,but its been a long day and so tired,,,,,has anybody got old statements recently, going back approx 12 years....., please, anybody out there....

Apologies,,,,,meant to say,,,,,,this was an old account which has been closed (by myself) for approx 10 years.

Hello,

I am very new to this, infact I havent even posted my request for Data letter yet. Should I be bold and ask for data beyond 6 yrs? I bank with NatWest, how have they responded to requests in the past? Another thing worrying me; if after making a claim etc against the bank do they try to close your account?

Hi Tweeny,

Welcome to the forum.

Please start your own thread, Tweeny V Nat West in this link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=12

Please take time to read the faq's

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

use the template letters in order Stick to the timetable in there.

LINKS....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If my advice helps please tip the scales, left.

• Haha 1

That sounds interesting. My main problem and probably that of others staying north of the border is, does this cover Scottish legislation.

I think this is still going to be a problem in Scotland, depending on the amount involved.

Unfortunately, our limits are so low as tpo preclude "going it alone" in a lot of cases. Basically, if your claim takes you into the realm of Ordinary Cause, you'll need a solicitor. And try finding one that will back you up for periods beyond 5 years.

So, the first stop before court might be the FOS. But again, how likely is it that the FOS will agree to back your claim beyond 5 years? Well, I suppose I should find that out soon, as my complaint to the fOS went in about 2 weeks ago. As I also claimed for contractual interest, it will be interesting to se what they come up with.

Unofficially, from RBS customer relations, I'm about to receive an offer on one account (although I was told that over 2 weeks ago, hence escalating it to the FOS). But that offer will be less by a couple of hundred pounds that even my charges going back only 5 years. Chancers.

I'm not going to write the FOS route off JUST yet. But I have a feeling that we're getting a very raw deal in Scotland. :mad:

hi anyone i have just found some old statements dating back to 1992 with thousands of pounds of charges if i try to claim back componded interest at 15% it will put me over £5000 what do I do ?

help please

Have you read up on CI yet?

If not I would seriously put some time into doing this, as it is a complicated issue. Added to pre 6 year claims you will need to be fully understanding of the arguements first before taking it on.

If you have already then send a prelim off but claim the CI from the outset ie prelim stage.

Tanz

Hopefully this has come at just the right time.

I am in the middle of court action with Gnatwest and have today received a letter from cobblers telling me that part of my claimis time barred due to s32 limitation act 1980.

Can anybody help with a response?

My first pass is below:

Dear Sirs,

With regards to your letter 16 April 07 I respond as follows.

You client has been well aware of the charges campaign for several months together with the OFT report highlighting the law and your clients obligations.

It is clear that your client has continued its charges regime after the date of the first OFT report which it continues to conceal and therefore has lost the protection of the Limitation Act.

Concealment amounts to a question of the morality of your client's action. I understand that this view is also confirmed by case-law and would direct you to Sheldon v RHM Outhwaite.

I require that your client respond to the above arguments via a statement of truth and with specific and detailed actual costings regarding the charges to which your client has unlawfully applied to my account.

Yours faithfully

xxx

Any help would be welcome.

Gr4th

I'm going to try and claim my charges back from sharkleys on an account I closed in October 01. In a complete moment of clarity this afternoon, the account number suddenly popped into my head. That's 5 1/2 years after I closed the account, I'll take that as a sign. :D

Go for it Harejon, I too have found at last the statement from a Abbey Joint Account we had that's still running but opened in Apr 97. Homework tonight is calculating charges and interest OD and CI on spread sheet and

drafting Prelim.

I Post hopefully in the morning in Beetlejuice vs Abbey 7th to date (I think)

Good Luck

BJ

:)

Hopefully this has come at just the right time.

I am in the middle of court action with Gnatwest and have today received a letter from cobblers telling me that part of my claimis time barred due to s32 limitation act 1980.

Can anybody help with a response?

My first pass is below:

Dear Sirs,

With regards to your letter 16 April 07 I respond as follows.

You client has been well aware of the charges campaign for several months together with the OFT report highlighting the law and your clients obligations.

It is clear that your client has continued its charges regime after the date of the first OFT report which it continues to conceal and therefore has lost the protection of the Limitation Act.

Concealment amounts to a question of the morality of your client's action. I understand that this view is also confirmed by case-law and would direct you to Sheldon v RHM Outhwaite.

I require that your client respond to the above arguments via a statement of truth and with specific and detailed actual costings regarding the charges to which your client has unlawfully applied to my account.

Yours faithfully

xxx

Any help would be welcome.

Short, sweet, factual and straight to the point.

I like your style, particularly throwing the ball back into their court by requesting a statement of truth and a disclosure of actual costs.

May even pilfer a few bits myself should the occasion arise !:)

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thanks, I've just spoken to them and I was right about the account number. I now have account number, sort code & closure date. Time for the data protection/subject access request letter.

Short, sweet, factual and straight to the point.

I like your style, particularly throwing the ball back into their court by requesting a statement of truth and a disclosure of actual costs.

May even pilfer a few bits myself should the occasion arise !:)

Garforth,

Just done a search for Sheldon v RHM Outhwaite, couldn't actually find it, but if I recall I think I may have dismissed using it myself based upon the either of the below facts (I can't remember which)

That it either:

a/ Relates to cases of Negligence, so not pertinent to Contract cases

b/ Was a case outside of an English court.

I may be mistaken, so look into this yourself ?

Perhaps look up and quote one or all of the following if you wish to mention case law:

i. Kleinwort Benson Ltd v Lincoln City Council [1999] 2 AC 349

ii. Deutsche Morgan Grenfell V Inland Revenue (2003) EWHC 1779 (ch)

iii. Cave v Robinson Jarvis (House Of Lords) [2002] UKHL 18

Regards

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Just done a search for Sheldon v RHM Outhwaite, couldn't actually find it,

I've not reviewed the case myself yet (saving that for the weekend :D), but there's a link in this post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs-2.html#post714386

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Thanks photoman & mcuth.

I'll check these extra cases and maybe reword the letter a bit.

I'll post the revised version for comment before I send it.

I am claiming £23k in charges from 2000 to 2002 - nearly killed me working to keep my head above water - I was paying about £1000 a month at one point! And all this on a personal account.:mad:

I don't want them to get away with it so I need to be spot on with my reply.

I'm also watching Tom Brennan's case for punitive damages - come on Tom!

If anyone can improve the wording please let me know.:)

Gr4th