• Tweets

• My story starts with being issued a windscreen PCN on 8/3/24 which was almost immediately removed and a second  PCN was then  sent by post on 13/3/24  [deemed delivered 15/3/24] which I did not receive and had to send an sar to have that particular mess revealed later  but that is not the reason for my complaint. UKPC then sent a Keeper Liability Notice dated 12/4/24 warning me that as 28 days have now elapsed, I as keeper am now liable for the charge.  This is in direct contravention of PoFA since the keeper does not become liable to pay until the day after the original PCN is deemed to have been given which would have been 13/4/24 -a Saturday ]. Not only does it not comply with PoFA but it fails to adhere to your Code of Practice and is in breach of their agreement with the DVLA.  I have included copies of both Notices for information. You will realise the seriousness of this situation if this is standard practice from the UKPCM to all motorists or just those where windscreen tickets are involved since the Law regarding PoFA is being abused and it is unfair to misguide motorists. I await your  response which I understand will usually be within a week.
    • It probably deletes after a certain time. What a shame you did not check at the time. However I have no doubt that there was a PCN envelope under your windscreen wiper  as shown quite clearly on one of the photographs. . It would seem strange that it was placed there empty hence the reason I stated a second Notice was issued [though not necessarily sent. As I said in that letter to IPC that was not what the complaint was about and probably  IPC will ask about that at the same time if they accept you  going direct to IPC for the other matter. It is immaterial how many original PCNs were issued or not issued. You are able to show the two that you have from their sar one of which coincides with the one you received in the post and that is the one that does not agree with the date times of PoFA. Thus breaching not only the Act, but also the IPC  Code of Conduct and the ability of UKPCM to obtain data from the DVLA. So leave that part of the letter as good to go. However as it is as Dave [Thank you Dave!} pointed out that it is UKPCM and not UKPCI have amended the letter and posted it below.
    • Its based on 10% annual depreciation, divided by 52 weeks and then x the excess number of weeks that they have had the vehicle for, after the agreed initial 3 week repair.
    • LOL LOL LOL Don't need that many to deport a handful of volunteers - at best Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show Cant have hundreds of well paid people in a department deporting a single volunteer when we have an upcoming election to lose now can we - VIPal drenched in riches and departments full of pals well paid for doing nowt will 'sadly soon be history - was rumored to in a text from a soon to be ex-minister texting in from one of his main jobs in a number of industries he will soon be unable to help.   Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show  
    • try it.... use recuva or file scavenger or glary utils
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays, thanks bong and zootscoot need to do this tommorow if poss.

I was mainly thinking that they would only give new statments close to the forty days and maybe this will be very close to court, also can i add them to my cliam once i have started court proceedings (this could be worth another £2000 or more.)

Will be using mcol.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's good then, barclays should give you 12 years of statements if your account was open that long. My advice would be to await the statements and then send a revised LBA.

Thank you bong. Do you know if it is possible that they may be able to wriggle out of things in any way in the near future as i really cant afford to loose the £2425 (unemployed at the mo) if not probable, thanks a lot for helping me kick some NEW WORLD ORDER ARSE.

Also do i just send a new request for all statments using the template, as they have already sent me six years.

sorry for being a pest but thats all i need to know for now.

thank you muchly

Delphi

although zootscoot, its potentially harder to claim only +6 year charges because there is the risk the judge will strike out the claim without hearing the charges issue.

True bong, but it will have to be put to the test by people like myself who have claims made up entirely of pre-six year charges!:(

Els

I was mainly thinking that they would only give new statments close to the forty days and maybe this will be very close to court, also can i add them to my cliam once i have started court proceedings (this could be worth another £2000 or more.)

You don't need to give them another 40 days. Simply send the non compliance letter for the SAR. They are obliged to send you all info they hold on you under a SAR not just the last 6 yrs. If this is all they have sent they have not fully complied with your original.

I am a bit dubious about this as sooner or later some kind of cap will be put on things

No remember you are suing them. You decide where the cap is not them. Its you in the driving seat.

Hello everyone,,,,,,,I can't stop reading this......brilliant!

I just called Natwest customer services and they told me they wouldn't be able to trace anything without my old (closed account) account number, which I haven't got.........that can't be right, can it? So how would I get that then if they can't give it to me.......it was approx 10 years ago so would that be a problem?

Can anybody advise me please? I'm determined to get back what they took from me, was a fortune in charges and they really showed me no mercy whatsoever,,,,,would be so good if I could claim them charges back,,,

Hello everyone,,,,,,,I can't stop reading this......brilliant!

I just called Natwest customer services and they told me they wouldn't be able to trace anything without my old (closed account) account number, which I haven't got.........that can't be right, can it? So how would I get that then if they can't give it to me.......it was approx 10 years ago so would that be a problem?

Can anybody advise me please? I'm determined to get back what they took from me, was a fortune in charges and they really showed me no mercy whatsoever,,,,,would be so good if I could claim them charges back,,,

Go into your local branch and request it there. I did this for HSBC account and they were able to give me account number sort code and crdit card and loan info

HTH

Tanz

Unless you have the account number, I would send a SAR and ask for absolutely everything you can think of - no account number on it as the SAR should be for ALL information they hold on you...period.

Any copies of information includin telephone call transcripts, any legal action past or present regarding the account, and disclosures to third parties in relation to it, etc.

I think it's porbable they do have your info, but are hoping they can dissaude you from pushing it out of them!

Did you ever have another account that you may have either transfered to or received a transfer from this account... if so, there may be a record of an account number on that accounts statements.

Did you ever make a purchase with a debit card/cheque from this account for anything that you could request statements for?

Good luck

Perseus

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Unless you have the account number, I would send a SAR and ask for absolutely everything you can think of - no account number on it as the SAR should be for ALL information they hold on you...period. If you want all the info then you need to amend the site template to reflect this imho.

Any copies of information includin telephone call transcripts, any legal action past or present regarding the account, and disclosures to third parties in relation to it, etc.

I think it's porbable they do have your info, but are hoping they can dissaude you from pushing it out of them!

Did you ever have another account that you may have either transfered to or received a transfer from this account... if so, there may be a record of an account number on that accounts statements.

Did you ever make a purchase with a debit card/cheque from this account for anything that you could request statements for?

Good luck

Perseus

when you send a SAR without the account number, make sure you give them suifficient info to indetify you related to when the account was last operated.

Its also wise to include a recent utlitiy bill or something similar. the DPA gives them the right to not comply until they have satified themselves that you are who yuo say you are.

You should of course ask for it back.

HSBC asked me to go to one of their branches with my passport of driving licence to prove who i was.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I currently have a small claims action beyond 6 years against HBOS.

They lodged a defence that the claim was time barred. At the recent third hearing HBOS failed to attend. The Sheriff said legally he was required to allow them the chance to defend the action as they had previously lodged a defence. The hearing is set for the 14 May

Can you keep me updated on this one 7givenchy I have a friend who is a solicitor and is willing to take it on, so let me know how you get on, many thanks.

Hi everybody I am a newie to the forum. After reading alot of your comments I am very angry:mad: at the way we have all been treated by 'our' banks. I will give a brief outline of my situation. In 1999 my husband and I cancelled some direct debits on our current act. The following month we received our statement detailing bank charges for these direct debits - they had not been cancelled by the branch. The bank did not refund charges and took us both to court. A judgement was entered against us for 6 years. The manager of the branch did tell us that the error had been made by her member of staff. She had cancelled direct debits on front screen but not on the back screen!! We disputed these charges but bank still went ahead with court action. In 2003 I applied for my credit file and noticed that the judgement was still unsatisfied when in actual fact we paid the judgement amount in 2000. I was lead to believe that if you pay up the judgement amount it would look better on our file than if we did not, even though we had disputed the amount. The court ruled and that was that!! The bank looked into our complaint of the unsatisfied judgement and changed the information straight away. I really do feel we were bullied by the bank from the start with their heavy bully boy tactics. We had done nothing wrong with our account and yet they were able to penalise us for 6 years. Even to this day they will not allow my husband a cheque book on his account. I am today faxing a strong letter of complaint to them. If only I had of know back then what I now know about the banks and their charges I would have fought them even harder.

Thank you for reading my moaning message :) here's a smile to say thanks!

I filed against my bank last year for the full period since I opened the account in '97. Naturally they only supplied copy statements for the last six years, so I estimated the previous three years at £500 each and claimed for those amounts plus interest.

As you might expect, their defence sought to bar penalty fees outside the six year 'limit' (which is of course in itself a false limitation), however my view was and is that the Limitation Act timelines commence when the unlawful activity was discovered, not when it was perpetrated.

Furthermore they disputed my £1500 estimate, and had gone to great trouble in calculating what they thought the amounts for those 'lost' years should be. The simple response to this of course is that I recalled that the fees were around or even above that level, but that I would be very happy to alter the estimate to the correct amount as soon as they produce the statements. In the absence of documentary evidence, the court is more likely to believe your account of the estimate. It may be, for example, that you specifically recall a difficult period in your life at that time when you were getting several charges per day.

In my case they not only paid the whole claim in full (inc. the full £1500 estimation), but paid an extra +£1000 above the claim for my additional expenses, just a couple of days before Mercantile Court. Shame - I was looking forward to getting up in the High Court after all those boring ones in Lambeth County Court!

So don't hesitate in pursuing those +6yr penalties plus interest - I have yet to hear of anyone failing to recover these (assuming they've followed the process correctly). And don't let them put you off near the end - while it's tempting to take the part settlement, it's much more satisfying to go the distance and get ALL your money back.

Thanks again to everyone here for the ongoing help and advice. This site is a fantastic resource, and continues to throw up more and more useful information.

P.S. The information regarding Barclays keeping customer statements for 12 years is crucial - can someone provide a cite for that? And while I note that an earlier poster said they expected a bonfire soon at Barclays, it is a criminal offence for them to destroy documents they are reasonably aware may be required in evidence. No-one would dare order such a bonfire, and if they did they'd go to jail for something like perverting the course of justice or something similar.

'When are we going on holiday, Daddy?'

I rang the Halifax today about my statements. They told me they hold them from the opening date of the account and are sending me a full set. Im tempted to go for the whole lot, Im just a bit unsure as its a bit untested and I dont want to end up being greedy and not getting any back.

Any news crusty git? I'm in court on the 25th of April against Lloyds

Purple X:)

26/09 Prelim contractual Interest

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

23/11 Offer Made

Lloyds TSB

Purple v Lloyds TSB

08/09 ordered statements.

23/09 Statements Received.

26/09 Prelim

03/10 Received standard response

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

08/11 Acknowledgement

24/11 AQ Received

Any news crusty git? I'm in court on the 25th of April against Lloyds

Purple X:-)

26/09 Prelim contractual Interest

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

23/11 Offer Made

Lloyds TSB

Purple v Lloyds TSB

08/09 ordered statements.

23/09 Statements Received.

26/09 Prelim

03/10 Received standard response

11/10 LBA

30/10 Filed N1

03/11 Deemed served

08/11 Acknowledgement

24/11 AQ Received

I'm in the same position as Keez. In November, I was trying to start making some repayment to start clearing my closed (I asked for the account to be closed as I was just accruing charges) Natwest loan and current account and offered them £50. I also requested a breakdown of charges.

At the end of November I travelled out of the coutry and only got back to find a CCJ in favour of Natwest for the sum of £12k! (I wasn't around to defend the claim)......What in the world do I do as I made quite a lot of effort to sort the debt out!!

HELP!!