Strange Call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, well just tried to google the telephone code and found this

RealBusiness [net]work

So if anyone knows which county owns .co.za then maybe you'll know where the call came from.

Thinking about it, I probably haven't helped at all and just confused matters.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

South Africa it appears?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Maybe the DCAs on holiday?

LOL

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

Hhhhhhh!!!!! I just had a call from this number too!!!! Do you think it could be a [problem]?!

The dial code is "0113" for Leeds.

Matt

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

A lot of computer diallers use strange numbers like this one....I was getting calls from 90481..It turns out that it was Virgin Media...

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Call centres move to Africa, cool.

i dont getit im ex directory it seems funny that i got this call after i left my number withdg solicitors earlier in the day.whom may i add has no record of me at all even though they filed there defence against my claim on the 19th april.bizarre carry on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya ive just got a call off this number at work, they said they were a debt managment company and also offer a no win no fee on reclaiming bank charges, told them to do one, i asked were they got my details from and they said it was a questionnaire or form that i filled in online i told them to remove me from their systems and they hung up when i rang back i got this number is not reconized

Strange call especially as they rang me at work ive never give out my works number, so i dunno what to do, any ideas

Hi ya ive just got a call off this number at work, they said they were a debt managment company and also offer a no win no fee on reclaiming bank charges, told them to do one, i asked were they got my details from and they said it was a questionnaire or form that i filled in online i told them to remove me from their systems and they hung up when i rang back i got this number is not reconized

Strange call especially as they rang me at work ive never give out my works number, so i dunno what to do, any ideas

Seems they want to chase your hide for any debts and make money - THEN make moremoney chasing your bank charges? Seems a dodgy racket if ever I heard of one.

Could report it to ICO, FOS, OFT & Trading Standards type of people maybe they'll look at this shower of leeches - can't be fair them phoning people at work. They are obviously using your "personal information" incorrectly - ICO might already know of these people if others have complained. Shame they don't put this stuff in writing isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been getting calls also from this number. 02711 200 3600. I am not picking up as I know that it is something to do with finance. There is a brokerage service on the web that is illegally passing on details to finance companies without consent. You fill in a form asking for a quote and they say they will not pass on your details without your consent which in untrue as I have had letters and searches on my credit report which are now under investigation.

Beware! Do not be tempted to take out any offer with a Debt Management Agency (they dont work and you may end up paying more) or from a Finance Company like Welcome Finance (the lender that illegally searched my credit report) as you could be paying interest rates at 45% APR.

I have had this call aswell, i asked BT to look into it because when i tried to return the call it said it didnt exist! It baffled BT who couldnt explain the mysterious number. You dont happen to owe money to MBNA by any chance?????

I had a call this morning - Bank Holiday Monday of all days! - and a couple of missed ones on Friday. They've been calling 2 of my numbers that only Yes Loans have been given. The chap would only give me his first name, and asked for me by first-name. He said it was a "business call" but wouldn't give me any information until I confirmed my name. I simply said "do not call this number again and hung up".

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

My usual reply to cold calls and those I do not want are to ask for their full-name and "permission to call" reference number. Obvisouly they don't have one, so that triggers me obtaining all the info I can and then wasting a bit of their time - they're usually scared-off and say they won't contact me again.

Co-incidentally, it's now just over 30 days since I registered my mobile on the TPS, so hopefully calls like this should stop. Already had 3 Mobile ringing me last week insisting I was on a contract (new PAYG phone since 1999!) and that they could save me money.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...