Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone please tell me if i can amend my claim to add interest? i opted not to claim interested when i first filed my claim. it seems now like it could add a fair bit to my claim amount and i wondered if it is too late to claim it? also does it matter that i had an interest free overdraft for a year of my claim? please help! thanks

can anyone please tell me if i can amend my claim to add interest? i opted not to claim interested when i first filed my claim. it seems now like it could add a fair bit to my claim amount and i wondered if it is too late to claim it? also does it matter that i had an interest free overdraft for a year of my claim? please help! thanks

which interest are you looking to add? If its the sect 69 then yes you can amend the claim using the N244 this will cost £35 which you can not reclaim. If you are looking at adding overdraft interest remember that you can only add the interest that is a direct result of a charge.

There is a message on the spreadsheet page saying the link is broken and we hope to restore them shortly. Please bear with us thank you. :)

Thanks LL :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

which interest are you looking to add? If its the sect 69 then yes you can amend the claim using the N244 this will cost £35 which you can not reclaim. If you are looking at adding overdraft interest remember that you can only add the interest that is a direct result of a charge.

thanks for getting back to me! what is sect 69?? and how do i get the n244? thanks

But I think I will pass as 2 MOD's here have said do NOT claim CI as I many incur horrid costs, especially if the claim is more than £5k. So I will submit my basic claim and wait for Lloyds to tread water and then +8% SI when I file the papers.

Unless anyone else knows about CI over £5k

I know this is probably too late now but just wanted to show you this link before you make up your mind based on the subject of adding CI to your claim in respect to the recent advise you have read on this thread ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

I just came across it again today & thought of you .. hope it helps? :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hi,

Although I am at the AQ stage and am rejecting an offer, I just want a bit of clarification on the spreadsheet for claiming contractual/ compound interest at the daily rate.

I filed a claim on 27/03/2007 for a total of £5696.68 plus a daily rate of £1.33. My working out of this at todays date (17th May) = £5760.52 yet on my spreadsheet, the total is £5837.32

Now, is this because it's not simply a matter of adding £1.33 per day but adding the compund interest on top?

In which case why is the daily rate a flat rate? I just want to check as in my rejection letter I am stating what I will settle for and don't want to get it wrong - particularly as I have said that I have meticulously calculated it!!

Cheers

MgintyMIA

Sounds as if you're having the same problem as I had...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet-14.html

Read the response to my posts and you'll see that it appears the spreadsheet for this - assuming, that is, you're using the same one as me - fails to take account of some of the cells, hence the discrepancy in the amounts.

Haven't been keeping up to speed over the last couple of weeks so I'm not sure whether or not anyone has had the opportunity to rectify this.

Anyway, hope that's some help...

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Hi Fred_Funk,

Thanks for the response. I don't think it's the same as my charges go back to Jan 2001 so only fill up to about 80 rows however the replies you had from Lucid make sense. Basically, I use compounded interest up to the date of the claim and the use the dilay rate of £1.33 thereafter. And if I want to resend the schedule, I'll change the date back to my claim filing date and then just add the daily rate - 52 days @ £1.33

• 2 weeks later...

I am using an Excel Spreadsheet which i found on my backup disk.

I am also having trouble with when i go into credit or clear the balance on the credit card. basically over the 6 years i have either been in credit or cleared the full balance 5-6 times. but the spreadsheet does not like this and i end up with a total less than the combined charges less the interest.

when i enter the ammount for payed in the forthcoming month as more than the standard balance (either with a - or a + ammount) the spreadsheet is wrong.

does anyone have a correct formula to bypass this problem.?

thanks everyone.

Hi all

Could any1 please HELP me! I have just filled out the spreadsheet(simple) to go with my prelim letter. Got to the final charge it had added all the 8% interest automatically. I wanted to remove this as this is what i have read up so far. now i can't get a total balance & i'm scared to mess about with the spreadsheet as it took me so long to fill in as it is. How can i erase all the interest & still get a balanceat the bottom without having thousands of lines? any help much appreciated.

Regards

Turk101

Hi - can someone help me? I am just completing two N1 claim forms (one for me, the other for my son) but i cant get my head around the interest aspect. I know from the template of charges there is 8% interest added each day since the day of offence which is fine but i cant work out the .... at a daily rate of £0.xx; - do i have to put in 0.22 over the total, or is this for each offence??? Am going mad as i have read the FAQ's, Guidance notes and even the small claims book buy Patricia Pearl that i bought via this site but i just cant seem to get it right in my head. I am owed just under £1400 and my son is owed £730 and i desperately want to get this right so we can get our money back! I am also going to file my claim on line so can i attach the spreadsheet of charges or do i have to send it to the court seperately??

If someone could advise me it would be much appreciated:sad:

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("866103") report.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Fred_Funk,

Thanks for the response. I don't think it's the same as my charges go back to Jan 2001 so only fill up to about 80 rows however the replies you had from Lucid make sense. Basically, I use compounded interest up to the date of the claim and the use the dilay rate of £1.33 thereafter. And if I want to resend the schedule, I'll change the date back to my claim filing date and then just add the daily rate - 52 days @ £1.33

Sorry for not responding before but I've only just seen this.

My understanding of what Lucid said differs slightly from yours...

The figure given by the spreadsheet for May 17 is, I believe, correct. This being the case, the daily rate given by the spreadsheet of £1.33 is, for whatever reason, clearly incorrect.

If you want out to work out what your daily rate is, as of today, then simply divide the increase in the total sum by the number of days over which said has increase has occurred.

Of course, such is the nature of compounded interest that this daily rate will increase very slightly day by day. This, I believe, is the point Lucid was making and why he suggested that at some point you would have to identify an appropriate figure and stick with it.

Do, please, let me know whether this makes any sense - for my own piece of mind as much as anyopne else's. Thanks.

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

The spreadsheets don't seem to be working today "Page cannot be displayed" can't download them by right clicking and save target as either.

Don't suppose someone can send me one as I need to work out my charges for LTSB.

NatWest:

23/4/07 - Requested statements NatWest

10/5/07 - Received 1st set of statements

12/5/07 - Remaining statements arrived. Proceeding NatWest claim for £2,235.14

14/5/07 - Pre-lim letter sent

01/6/07 - LBA letter sent

22/6/07 - Filed money claim at court! *gasp*

27/7/07 - Received official defence and bully cr*p!

LTSB:

23/4/07 - Requested statements LTSB

31/5/07 - List of charges received. Proceeding LTSB claim for £1,407.50

01/6/07 - Pre-lim letter sent.

09/6/07 - Received a 'bugger off' letter.

21/6/07 - LBA letter sent.

Hi, This is my first post so i hope i'm creating it in the right place. I am in the process of claiming my charges back from Barclays. Yesterday i received 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings'. I must admit that up until now i haven't really been too involved in this and not really given it much thought. Silly really, now i'm getting abit worried that i don't actually know what i'm doing and timelines are being set. My notice states the same thing as most it seems...

'1.The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.**'

I have just drafted a 'nudge' letter to send to the solicitor including the spreadsheet of charges. Do i stick to the original amount on the claim form with Money Claim or can i update the charges adding the new interest charges plus the £120 fee paid to start the claim?

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated!!!

Hi - sorry to add to such a humongous thread, but I just don't seem to be able to find the answer.

I'm compiling my charges on my Barclaycard account, but don't follow the instructions (which is a concern as I have already done this for my Abbey current account).

Firstly, on my statement dates march 2001, the only interest listed is at 1.42%, and I suspect there is another interest rate not listed as later statements have a far higher figure

Secondly, I don't understand the instructions:

"Column I, AMOUNT PAID, should be the amount paid in respect of the balance, not the amount shown on the statement in respect of the previous month. Do not enter an amount larger than the total balance."

How can I know from the current statement what the amount paid is without checking the next statement?

Any help will be gratefully received, thanks in advance if I'm not around to check back today:)

Hi - sorry to add to such a humongous thread, but I just don't seem to be able to find the answer.

I'm compiling my charges on my Barclaycard account, but don't follow the instructions (which is a concern as I have already done this for my Abbey current account).

Firstly, on my statement dates march 2001, the only interest listed is at 1.42%, and I suspect there is another interest rate not listed as later statements have a far higher figure

Secondly, I don't understand the instructions:

How can I know from the current statement what the amount paid is without checking the next statement?

Any help will be gratefully received, thanks in advance if I'm not around to check back today:)

Hi. you use the figure shown "payment thankyou" £xx.xx on the next following statement.

as the payment for that month wont be shown as it clears and will be shown on the following month.

hope this helps.

Hi Vampiress,

Can you help please?

I'm just putting in an N1 tomorrow morning--5th June. But I can't quite get my head round all this interest stuff. To quote BF's crib for the N1 form:

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

There seems to be three kinds of interest here. I've done the excel spreadsheet which I think calculates the s.69 interest on a daily rate of 8%. But what are the other two kinds of interest? Maybe if I'm not clever enough I should leave them out. But I'm not sure if I can claim the s.69 without claiming the other types.

Can You help???

MANY thanks.

JulesR

:confused:

N1 claim for about £1500 from Abbey... 5/6/2007

Hi Vampiress,

Can you help please?

I'm just putting in an N1 tomorrow morning--5th June. But I can't quite get my head round all this interest stuff. To quote BF's crib for the N1 form:

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

There seems to be three kinds of interest here. I've done the excel spreadsheet which I think calculates the s.69 interest on a daily rate of 8%. But what are the other two kinds of interest? Maybe if I'm not clever enough I should leave them out. But I'm not sure if I can claim the s.69 without claiming the other types.

Can You help???

MANY thanks.

JulesR

:confused:

Jules

There are only really to types of interest referred to above. They are: (1) The interest incurred by you as a result of the unlawful charges levied on your account; and (2) The s.69 interest you're entitled to add when making a court claim.

The confusion is, I think, arising from the fact that this s.69 interest continues to accumulate until such time as your claim is settled.

That's what this para is all about...

Hope this helps.

Fred_Funk

Thanks Fred,

I'm beginning to understand now. I think I now understand that the s.69 interest has two parts, firstly the spreadsheet calculation, ie each 'offence/breach' the date, the days since the charge was taken and the accumulated interest at 8% all added together. The spreadsheet does that very easily, no problem. The second part I also NOW understand, which is the s.69 still accruing AFTER the N1 claim has been made, and this s.69 acts not on each 'offence' but on the entire lump sum claimed on the day the N1 was submitted, and accruing each day AFTER the N1 and up UNTIL the day the judgement is made. All this s.69 is money THEY have taken from the CLAIMANT in interest on top of levying the charge itself.

The other kind, the second kind of interest, is basically the amount the CLAIMANT charges the BANK for borrowing the CLAIMANT's money... and that's where it gets a bit too complicated for me. I read one thread here where the claimant was considering charging this overdraft interest at the bank's own 'unauthorised overdraft interest rate', which could be as much as 29%. The confusion for me is that this is more difficult to work out, and it seems the interest rate is particular to each case and each bank. I can see how it is difficult to give guidance on this area.

I hope I've understood the basics. Very many thanks for getting back. I'm submitting the N1 this morning.

JulesR

:-)

• Haha 1

N1 claim for about £1500 from Abbey... 5/6/2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks