• Tweets

• 05.05.24 Ever so sorry if I have entered this in the wrong part of this website.   My grandfather is in his 70's and retired.  He asked me to help him find a work pension that he was paying into when he was working. From 1967 - 1982 he worked for a Fabric Dying Company, Celanese, Spondon Derby UK. I have already used the GOV.uk Trace Pension Scheme. It listed a few pension companies : Akzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme formerly Courtaulds Pension Scheme.  I do not fully understand how this works but I think this scheme is administer by a company called Willis Tower Watson. We have called this company, got through to the pension department submitted all my grandfather's details (D.O.B. , N.I. no. etc.) but that agent tells that they have no record of my grandfather and ask what is the name of the pension scheme. Here is the problem, his home was burgalled in 2005 and a briefcase which contained his legal documents was stolen. So he does not know who was the Pension Scheme company. I have a this phone number 01332 681 210 for Celanese but it just rings and never gets answered. So I am asking for help if anyone can tell us where we can try next. I am also hoping for a massive long shot that one of them members on this website, worked for or knows someone who worked for British Celanese Spondon Derby and could tell us of any pension company. Thanks for any help.
    • Well I sent them the letter of claim, the only responses so far was a few emails reopening the claims on the parcels where they asked for information such as proof of value (which I get) but other things like photos of the parcels, which I haven't got as I never took photos of them. It's been well over the 14 days since I sent the letter now anyway, so what do you think I should do now?
    • Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
    • Since you were stopped at the time there is no requirement for the police give you anything there and then or to send you anything before they have decided how to deal with the offence.  They have three choices: Offer you a course Offer you a fixed penalty (£100 and three points) Prosecute you in court  The only option that has a formal time limit is (3). They must begin court proceedings within six months of the date of the alleged offence. Options (1) and (2) have no time limit but since the only alternative the police have if you decline those offers is (3) they will not usually offer a course beyond three months from the date of the offence and will not usually offer a fixed penalty beyond four months from that date. This is so as to allow time for the driver to accept and comply with their offer and to give them the time to go to option (3) if he declines or ignores it.  Unless there is a good reason to do otherwise, the action they take will usually be in accordance with the National Police Chiefs' Council's guidance on speeding enforcement. In a 40mph limit this is as follows Up to 45mph - no action. Between 46mph and 53mph - offer a course Between 54mph and 65mph - offer a fixed penalty Over 65mph - prosecution in court So you can see that 54mph should see you offered a fixed penalty. Three weeks is not overly long for a fixed penalty offer to arrive. As well as that, there has been Easter in that period which will have slowed things down a bit. However, I would suggest that if it gets to about two months from the offence date and you have still heard nohing, I would contact the ticket office for the area where you were stopped to see if anything has been sent to you. Of course this raises the danger that you might be "stirring the hornets' nest". But in all honesty, if the police have decided to take no action, you jogging their memory should not really influence them. The bigger danger, IMHO, is that your fixed penalty offer may have been sent but lost and if you do not respond it will lapse. This will see the police revert to option (3) above. Whilst there is a mechanism in these circumstances  to persuade the court to sentence you at the fixed penalty level (rather than in accordance with the normal guidelines which will see a harsher penalty), it relies on them believing you when you say you did not received an offer. In any case it is aggravation you could well do without so for the sake of a phone call, I'd enquire if it was me.  I think I've answered all your questions but if I can help further just let me know. Just a tip - if you are offered a fixed penalty be sure to submit your driving licence details as instructed. I've seen lots of instances where a driver has not done this. There will be no reminder and no second chance; your £100 will be refunded and the police will prosecute you through the courts.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

FPN for not wearing a seatbelt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please comment on all the questions.

I got a FPN for not wearing a seatbelt,which i wasn't,so i told the police they were filming motorists illegaly as the camera was on top of an unmarked white transit van 500 yards in front of the police cars,these cop cars were also hidden behind parked public cars and vans when they pulled me over.I know u should be able to see a police camera van 300 yards away and it should be marked,is this right?

The police were also filming on a road without street lights in daylight,it is illegal if they film u in the night without st lighting but is it illegal if they film u in daylight without st lights?

The camera sign was square with a white background and a black border...is this illigal?...because i saw in the paper that they had to have a red border round the edge of the sign,the sign was also hidden behind a tree which u couldn't see untill u came upon it...i've been told that u have to be able to See a camera sign from 300 meters away,is this right?

This is the main problem,i wrote to the police and asked for the police officers statement,when i received the statement i also was sent a photocopy of the FPN that i got that day,at the bottom of the photocopy the PC as added a comment but on my original FPN that he gave me,it doesn't say anything,is this purgery?

Please comment on all the questions.

I got a FPN for not wearing a seatbelt,which i wasn't,so i told the police they were filming motorists illigaly as the camera was on top of an unmarked white transit van 500 yards in front of the police cars,these cop cars were also hidden behind parked public cars and vans when they pulled me over.I know u should be able to see a police camera van 300 yards away and it should be marked,is this right?

The only requirement for visibility is for a speed camera, when the proceeds will be 'netted off' to the camera partenership. In any case, it is only a guideline and is neither illegal, nor does it negate the offence if it is not clearly visible

The police were also filming on a road without street lights in daylight,it is illigal if they film u in the night without st lighting but is it illigal if they film u in daylight without st lights?

In neither case is it illegal (or even improper) to film without street lights. Even for a speed camera

The camera sign was square with a white background and a black border...is this illigal?...because i saw in the paper that they had to have a red border round the edge of the sign,the sign was also hidden behind a tree which u couldn't see untill u came upon it...i've been told that u have to be able to See a camera sign from 300 meters away,is this right?

No and no. A red border would make the sign non-prescribed, but it isn't prescriptive anyway. The 300M thing is total nonsense

This is the main problem,i wrote to the police and asked for the police officers statement,when i received the statement i also was sent a photocopy of the FPN that i got that day,at the bottom of the photocopy the PC as added a comment but on my original FPN that he gave me,it doesn't say anything,is this purgery?

No, perjury can only be committed under oath in Court. Unless the comment on the FPN is intended to mislead, it would be unlikely to be a case of attempting to pervert the course of justice anyway.

In all of this the Police have done nothing wrong, so your telling them that they were operating illegally probably got right up their noses. So, unsurprisingly, you've got a £30 FPN instead of a ticking off. You admit that you weren't wearing the belt anyway - just pay the ticket.

• Haha 1

This isn't a matter of,making an excuse to not pay.

The seatbelt offence is a tax and u should be able to wear it when u want.

PKea,what r u doing on this forum because nearly every1 on this site is in the same boat,trying to get off without paying a ticket for illegal reasons when they have commited an offence.

The real problem here is the PC as added a comment on the FPN when it isn't on my original FPN ticket,thats a lie because every PC is sworn to a section 9 statement for truth without going to court,do understand Patdavies?

Take a look at this link Patdavies which is about street lights then tell me if im wrong?

Street light loophole could wipe out thousands of speed camera fines

The seatbelt offence is a tax and u should be able to ware it when u want.

This is wrong what if a rear passenger dosent have one and kills the front passenger who is wearing one when they crash, it is there for your safety and for the safety of others

PKea,what r u doing on this forum because nearly every1 on this site is in the same boat,trying to get off without paying a ticket for illegal reasons when they have commited an offence.

Hope that excudes me then as i am here to claim back what is unlawfull charges and to offer advise if i know the answer which is what Pat davies has done for you even though you may not like the answers it should be appreciated that someone has taken time to inform you. This site is not for avoidance of your responsibilities but to help you find answers to the questions you have, which is mainly in regards to UNLAWFULL bank charges.

Have read the link you provided and see the reference to street lighting and signs and if you wish to pursue this then good luck to you.

The real problem here is the PC as added a comment on the FPN when it isn't on my original FPN ticket,thats a lie because every PC is sworn to a section 9 statement for truth without going to court,do understand Patdavies?

Take a look at this link Patdavies which is about street lights then tell me if im wrong?

I don't like to have to weigh in with negative sentiment.... But....

My god how did you survive into adulthood with such a stupid outlook?

Wearing a belt is and should not be optional. Too many fools die on the road as it is and while your questionable opinions suggest that you will join their ranks, I don't wish it upon you and I don't wish it upon anyone else. Belts save lives. I won't go into the argument. It's so old and so accepted that it bears little counter argument.

This site is NOT about having done it and figuring a way out. This site is about use of the law as it was intended. Banking chrages are unlawful and they perpetuate a money making enterprise to the detgriment of the consumer. We use our legal knowledge to level the playing field. Parking charges are mercenary and often unlawful and we use our legal prowess to 'get off' as you tactfully put it to level the playing field.

It is not in the spirit of the site to help an idiot who got a ticket for not wearing his belt who then seeks to use irrelevant facts with no basis in law to escape a fine that he properly deserved. It's not in the interests of justice for you to 'get off'. You did it, you clearly need to mnd your ways and a ticket seems like just the ticket for me.

Now on to the ticket. You have a copy of the police copy. The police copy and the motorist copy are not the same. What has to be provided to the motorist is different to that which the police require. The PC has added a comment because his copy is the evidential copy which they will rely on as the original note at court if needs be. If it has a comment on it then this is normal, accepted and in keeping with procedures and process.

The FPN is not a Section 9 MCA statement. Your copy certainly is not. The police copy will be the evidence. Yours is simply to serve you with notice of the penalty.

The issue about the cameras is completely and utterly a red herring and has nothing whatsoever to do with your ticket. It's not a way out of it at all.

You deserve this ticket by your own admission so without anting to, again step out of line -stop moaning and play the game.

• Haha 1

Firstly, it would be much easier to read your posts if they were posted in English rather than text-speak.

The seatbelt fine that you have been issued with is not a tax - it is a fine. You are legally required to wear a seat belt; in the same way that you must tax and insure your vehicle and ensure that it is in a roadworthy condition.

The majority of people here are not trying to get off tickets for illegal reasons. They are actually asking for (and receiving) advice about the legalities of the tickets issued. If the ticket is not legally issued, then it is void. PKea's comment is entirely reasonable

An FPN is not a Section 9 statement. It may form part of a section 9 statement if you take the matter to Court. Section 9 exists so that both sides in a dispute may accept the evidence in the statement without the need for the witness making the statement to attend in person. If you object to the statement, you are entitled to do so and the PC will be called as a witness in person.

The link that you have posted has absolutely nothing to do with being able to use cameras where there are no street lights. The case in the link is about the 30 mph limit being unenforcable due to the lack of streetlights - however they tried to enforce it. Cameras are used to enforce limits other than 30 mph, where there is no requirement for street lights.

So I accept your invitation - you are wrong!

This forum was started in response to unfair bank charges. It has expanded to cover other areas of consumer interest, including parking matters. However, in your case you were caught fair and square and given a fixed penalty for failing to wear your seatbelt. The law was changed in 1983 to make it compulsory to wear one. The wearing of seat belts has been shown to save lives.

As for your comment about people here illegally trying to avoid their liabilities, you are totally on the wrong track on that. This site is all about winning your case against the banks/authorities/retailers etc by using legal means. You would do well to remember that before you start off on your childish rants against another member.

My Point Oddjob is that you have at least three threads all about differnet FPNs you have recieved and it just appears to me that you want a way out of these.

You asked a question and Pat explained the reasons.

Then you ask him to explain himself.

From your initial comment you made to the Police, it seems that you will look for any excuse not to pay.

As for the seatbelt law, thats just coomon sense. I'd rather have a sore neck and still be in the seat rather than flung through a windscreen which happened a local girl recently, because she thought she didnt need one.

Any thats my two-peneth and opinion.

I will rephrase my post,Please comment on all questions except for childish idiots who call names,i used to call ppl names at school.

If u come here to get info on bank charges then tuff because my threads not about this so plz dont metion it in my thread.

You ppl dont know wat your taking about u contradict yourselves,if your PNC or FPN ticket is unlawful then it is illegal so i'll try to get away without paying even though i av committed the offence,but hold on a minute,some1 said if u committed the offence just pay the £30 and get on with your life.

Well it is the same thing with my FPN,no lighting on the st,illegal (your wrong PD read the link slowly next time with glasses and u will find that im right) parked speed camera van thats unmarked,illegal and theres a comment the photocopy of my FPN that the PC has but it isnt on my FPN ticket,illegal(PKea,my FPN is the same as the PC,your pathetic)

I never stated my FPN was a section 9,speculating again,rewrite all your posts again ppl because u all thrive on speculations.

PD,im not good at writing letters so dont try to pull me down for this,u understand wat "is" and "it" means dont u,so wats your problem.

You ppl know nowt your a bunsh of has beens,

Well, you only have one option then. Don't pay and take the option of having the case heard in a magistrates court. I'm sure the magistrates will find it fascinating to hear you ramble on about street lights and speed cameras in a case involving not wearing a seat belt.

• Haha 1

I will rephrase my post,Please comment on all questions except for childish idiots who call names,i used to call ppl names at school.

Fair enough

You ppl dont know wat your taking about u contradict yourselves,if your PNC or FPN ticket is unlawful then it is illegal so i'll try to get away without paying even though i av committed the offence,but hold on a minute,some1 said if u committed the offence just pay the £30 and get on with your life.

Well it is the same thing with my FPN,no lighting on the st,illegal

I fail to see how the visibility of a speed camera and the absence (or otherwise) of street lighting have any bearing whatsoever on an FPN for failing to wear a seat belt

(your wrong PD read the link slowly next time with glasses and u will find that im right) parked speed camera van thats unmarked,illegal

I have read it again, slowly - and I don't need glasses. I am still right. In the case quoted, the requirement for streetlamps is to make the limit enforceable by any means. It has no bearing whatsoever on the use of speed cameras.

Speed cameras are only required to be highly visible if they belong to a speed camera partnership who intend to 'net off' the proceeds. There are no visibility requirements whatsoever for Police enforcement.

There are no requirements whatsoever for streetlamps to be present for camera enforcement to be lawful - or do you think that all motorway enforcement by camera is illegal?

and theres a comment the photocopy of my FPN that the PC has but it isnt on my FPN ticket,illegal(PKea,my FPN is the same as the PC,

This has been done to death already. An FPN is an offer to accept guilt for the offence and pay the fine without the need to attend court - with its potential for a variable fine and costs. Whatever the PC writes on his copy does not invalidate this; and certainly isn't illegal. Even if he (justifiably IMO) scrawled across his copy "This guy is a edited.....

your pathetic)
But I thought that you said you only called people names at school or are you (your quote) "a pathetic idiot"

You ppl know nowt your a bunsh of has beens,

Back to the name calling then.

You started this thread to ask for advice. You have been given, good sound information and advice. If you don't like it - tough. Either pay the FPN at £30 as advised, or write to the issuing authority to demand a court hearing - good luck. Or do nothing - I am sure that you will then be posting about how unfair the Baliffs are being

It worries me that people with this kind of mentality are actually given a license to be in charge of a car in the first place.

• Haha 1

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

This has to be a wind-up surely?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I quote"speed cameras are required by law to be visible to passing traffic"which is stated in the st light link,so the law is wrong then PD.If u find a speed camera on the motorway that has now st lighting round it then u might be right on your speculation but ive never seen one without st lighting,your wrong again.

Why not comment on,ppl commit an offence of illegally parking they end up getting a ticket which they find out to be unlawful (illegal) should they get off without paying or should they pay it and get on with there lives,its the same thing with my FPN,should i get off with the seatbelt offence wen the speed camera was operating in an illegal place even though i committed the offence.

I had to write i quote "your pathetic" not pathetic idiot because PKea is pathetic just like u PD with your name calling on the FPN..well this should gives u something to speculate about.

PD im getting to know u now,u add things on that i haven't said in my post and then take away meanings that prove me right in wat i say,WHY?

You all bite quite easily wen your wrong so grow up children im sorry for waking u up,u can all go back to sleep now.

Mentallity Dollies01,wats mentallity to do with not wearing a seatbelt or av u got ya wires crossed,now1 on this forum as ever driven then without a seatbelt on av they,i believe u ppl thousands wouldn't.

And

I never stated my FPN was a section 9,speculating again,rewrite all your posts again ppl because u all thrive on speculations.

You were the person who raised S9 statements in the first place

I think you've had your question answered several times over now. You committed an offence, and you admitted - accept it.

As for the mentality, if you really don't know what's wrong with driving without a seatbelt then it's pointless anybody trying to explain.

I agree with Sidewinder - this must be a wind-up.

If not, then just pay the FPN and next time wear a seatbelt. Alternatively, do us all a favour and catch the bus.

Thread closed.

• Haha 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks