UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They don't get paid for administering the car park, (there may be one or two around the country), they get their fees from illegal ticketing, (though some may be legit) and refusing an appeal whatever the reason.

There must be some reason why all English Governments are so strongly opposed to regulating this and wheel clamping, something we obviously don't know about, something more secret than a nuclear submarine.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They don't get paid for administering the car park, (there may be one or two around the country), they get their fees from illegal ticketing, (though some may be legit) and refusing an appeal whatever the reason.

There must be some reason why all English Governments are so strongly opposed to regulating this and wheel clamping, something we obviously don't know about, something more secret than a nuclear submarine.

"They don't get paid for administering the car park" - Is this correct?

I read an article in the Mail on Sunday about two weeks ago that there is a bill currently in parliament for the regulation of clampers. Who knows how far that regulation will go, but it is a start.

Yes - go and have a look at their sites and the terms and condition for them to do it. A lot of knowledge in them there hills.

What I remember about the bill is that they will have to show you their badges and be licensed, and that's about it.

Edited by Conniff

Can't be. English law doesn't allow for 'class actions' either. Payment is an admission, so no way José - perhaps well meaning, but not good advice.

It is possible to bring a "class action" under English law, but rather than a single applicant making the claim on behalf of a group of claimants, under English law, each applicant must claim separately and the actions can later be consolidated.

Secondly, payment in protest is never an admission. Always bear that in mind. I am not encouraging people to give in but rather raising awareness that litigation is an uncertain process.

The best forum in which to take them on, however, it the political one.

No such thing as a class action in the UK. You have been watching too many american TV programs.

As we are living in the UK, shouldn't that be programmes?

Sorry, pedantic I know!

Following the advice on this forum i am currently receiving letters from the Debt Collection Agency. I have so far ignored all correspondence from the beginning.

I appreciate the help and advice everyone has offered regarding these [problematic]!

If it comes to it, how will i know which is the "genuine" court summons letter? Will it be blatantly obvious? (as we all know, we cant trust these [problematic] to doctor up some pretty convincing documents!). Also at which point would you insist that it should be your local court and who would you communicate this to? (is this all included in the court documents?). Note that i have never been to court, so i have no idea what to expect.

Will keep you updated on the progress...

Thanks

Following the advice on this forum i am currently receiving letters from the Debt Collection Agency. I have so far ignored all correspondence from the beginning.

I appreciate the help and advice everyone has offered regarding these [problematic]!

If it comes to it, how will i know which is the "genuine" court summons letter?

It will contain an official court stamp and reference number which you can confirm by ringing up the appropriate court

Will it be blatantly obvious? (as we all know, we cant trust these [problematic] to doctor up some pretty convincing documents!). Also at which point would you insist that it should be your local court and who would you communicate this to?

The transfer to your local court is automatically done by the receiving court when you submit your defence

(is this all included in the court documents?). Note that i have never been to court, so i have no idea what to expect.

Thanks

#.

MCOL forms aren't always stamped. the case number is the key thing (there should also be a password for an MCOL claim), if you see a case number then ring the court to see if its real. some PPCs (OPC for one) have been known to issue fake papers.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i got ticket from ukpc £90 i didnt see trheir sign cos it was on hidden place and no one cannot see that sign iff just look up or down or side its very down and hiidden so if i dont pay 90 pounds will they charge me more or what can they do more

hi guys i got ticket from ukpc £90 i didnt see trheir sign cos it was on hidden place and no one cannot see that sign iff just look up or down or side its very down and hiidden so if i dont pay 90 pounds will they charge me more or what can they do more

Just ignore. Simple as that,

You obviously haven't read any of the other posts or you wouldn't have posted, so let me reiterate what all 2,233 post before yours says.

Unless you pay this, you could be looking at 6 months inside, certainly a £1,000 fine and not forgetting the 6 points on your license. So get your cheque off as soon as possible.

A notice to all of those who have received a ticket from a private parking company, and are now looking for their first piece of advice from the Consumer Action Forum.

Because we never paid the amount shown on the tickets that we were given, we were all taken to court by the parking companies, we all lost our cases, and we are all writing this Forum from inside Her Majesty's prisons.

In fact, to put it into context, so many of us are taken to court, that we presently make up some 92% of the prison population!!

The remaining 8% are guilty of only very minor crimes, murder, rape, terrorism, interfering with children etc

I will now extract my tongue from within my cheek.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 3 weeks later...

If it comes to it, how will i know which is the "genuine" court summons letter? Will it be blatantly obvious? (as we all know, we cant trust these [problematic] to doctor up some pretty convincing documents!). Also at which point would you insist that it should be your local court and who would you communicate this to? (is this all included in the court documents?). Note that i have never been to court, so i have no idea what to expect.

Thanks

A Letter from the county court will be obvious from the Envelope. If in doubt about the authenticity of a letter, or dont know what to do, give the county court a ring or pop in, their staff are there to help.

Hang in there CrazyDave, you're nearly at the end. The last letter will probably be from another agency claiming to have 'purchased the debt' and offering you the opportunity to settle up with them at a reduced rate. Ignore that as well and you likely won't hear any more. The last correspondence I had from such a company was on the 3 June telling me I had to pay within 10 days blah blah and haven't heard a dickie-bird since...

You cannot tell from the envelope a Claim arrives it, this can be sent by the Pursuer (Parking Co or DCA) BUT, it must have a court stanp and reference number, and it is this you check its validity. The Court seal/stamp must also be present.

The chances of any of this happening are so slim as to be negligible.

MCOL forms not stamped. its the claim number that is the key. If it has one of those then ring the court and verify the claim number. If it has claim number there will also be a password and info on how to access the the case on-line. if they send fake papers that purport to be real then they break the County Courts Act 1984 so have them for that !

• 4 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks