UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I suggest that you look at my webpage ( Link Removed)which has a detailed anaysis of what I believe the law is on this issue.

One of the most important points is that relating to Section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970.

I do not know what the position is in this case but it is well worth considering.

Edited by ukaviator
Link removed - against site rules

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have done. A pedantic point, perhaps - but it would look a bit more professional if the spelling glitches were improved, but keep in the one from the Claming Letter (Dear Sir or Madame).

I like the accusation they might be running a brothel too....

:) :)

hi my partner had the usual junk from these.

followed by DCA letters then offer of a reduced payment and this morning we get another final demand funny thing is they cant even get the address of where the parking contravention happened

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just read a lot of this thread with interest.

My husband, while we had a custory car, recieved a UKPC parking ticket, for not displaying a ticket clearly. I appealed it and was sent a lovely pic of A windscreen (couldn't tell if it was the car we were driving) with the yellow bag thing stuck on the windscreen above where the machine ticket was placed mmmm I emailed them again and said that I wasn't happy as the picture wasn't dated or timed, that I wished to see the 3 pictures that by law they have to take, and I wanted to see a picture of the clear dashboard. I haven't heard anything back apart from a demand for £80 now. What do I do? Unfortunely we have no ticket as it flew out the window on the way home, but I am sure they stuck the yellow above the ticket. Also is it true that the yellow bag has to be be under the window wipers to be 'Legally served'?

Also I signed all the paperwork for the car at the garage, so as I was the registered owner/keeper at the time, but my hisband was driving it am I right in thinking that the contract lies with him and not me.

ok wil phone the garage and tell them (I did inform them of the ticket when I returned the car), guessing they will not contact the garage anyway as they are writing to me. I can't believe they think they can get away with this, I got a proper parking ticket last year, and they send me 2 photos of the car when I appealed, so I thought that they would happily send me the photos I requested, but they have just ignored me. I am supposed to pay £40 by monday, but recieved a demand today for £80.

The photo they send me was a complete joke, I actually laughed at it....

Wouldn't have minded if they send a photo if a clear dashboard, dated and timed, with the number plate showing, but it was just of the dashboard, could have been taken the day before for all I know.

as its a [problem] in the first place the photo's mean nothing, they just want you to belive its their evidence against you, it really shows how dopey these people are

they dream they have legal powers and act as if they were real council parking attendants, they have hi vis jacket a pda / ticket machine / a camera and a silly hat, only thing they dont have is the law on their side , thats where they fall flat on their face,

trouble is most of the idiots really think they have powers same as real council staff have, and what they are dong is legal and you have to pay, because their boss told them so :D

the downside far too often joe public falls for the [problem], just make sure you tell all your family / friends / workmates etc of the [problem] and how it works, the more you tell the more they dont get paid :rolleyes:

so true, as I said I have recieved one (or 2) proper council parking tickets (one for parking on a single yellow line without displaying my daughter's blue badge while in speech therapy with her, whoops, and one for parking at the bottom of my sisters drive on the grass verge) The council did send me the pictures and it clearly showed I was in the wrong, so I paid, but UKPC are just ignoring me, so that tells a thousand stories to me. [problem]!!

Dont worry about it, just ignore and laugh at the letters!

They are fake rubbish! They cant do a thing.

As you will read on here, a private company cannot issue a "fine" only an invoice that looks like a real ticket!

Ignore and laugh at them......

If in doubt, read more posts on here.

lol, thanks everyone, My husband is worried about ignoring it, but UKPC says that as the registered keeper i am responible, well actually it was a custory car so am not actually the registered keeper at all, and I wasn't driving... so they have no leg to stay on anyway... idiots, its only because I appealled it, they are writing to me..... otherwise they would contact the garage and the garage would know its a fake ticket, damn..

thanks will do :) so glad I found this thread, as was going to pay the £40 tomorrow online... god knows how as am skint till next week but was going to pay it lol..

I thought I was being clever when I requested a dated and timed photo, a photo of the number plate and a photo of the clear dashboard, which by law they have to take, but I didn't realise that they are a fake company so would ignore that anyways lol.

Shocked really as they have only just sorted out their signage saying that the first hour is free ONLY if a ticket is displayed from the machine, before it just said first hour was free so people didn't get a ticket and then got a PNC. Guess they are now trying more tricks to keep the money coming in... the bloke had a field day the day 2 of the machines were out of order.. I watched him slapping on tickets after tickets...

you said "which by law they have to take"

they dont have to do anything by law its a [problem] as in all PRIVATE PARKING COMPANIES, there not fake companies just [problematic] that pray on those that dont know the law, its just a pity the Ministry of Justice dont stop the [problem],

well Proper council traffic wardens have to take the pics by law :) I didn't realise they were [problematic], am shocked that local councils allow this to happen. They also work down on my estate, but they clamp cars on the estate, can they do this?

they have to take you to court if they really want your money, which is very very rare too many that have tried have lost

but where did you get the ticket in the first place outside your house/on your estate or where ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks