Baby Boy Jasper v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea two weeks have elapsed, so move onto your lba

good luck!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

I am now at the 'letter before action' stage.

However, i've just found 2 more of my statements & there are at least 4 more set's of charges showing.

Now these charges will not be on the original letter that i sent to the Halifax.

Will this make any difference & can i add them on or not?

+ do i need to add interest to the whole lot?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hiya,

You can keep updating your spread sheets until you get to the court stage.

And dont add any interest until you file at court.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do you mean your SAR?

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Or do you mean your preliminary letter? Looks like the banks are a bit swamped at the moment. If your 14 days and a bit deadline is up, well you need to contact them again. Stick with your own deadlines.

17 November - Prelimanary letter

25 November - Confirmation of receipt from Halifax

29 November - letter from Halifax Goodwill gesture £318 out of £408 (original claim).

6 December - Rejection/LBA Letter sent

18 December Halifax letter offering £408

18 December - MCOL completed - claiming interest and costs £523

28 December - Won! Money in account!

Jasper,

I got the standard reply to my Prelim, and sent off my LBA last week - they got it Monday. As yet no reply to LBA, so will be filing claim in 7 days... :D

Survivor

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I had three whole letters from the Halifax during my entire claim, that's including the one telling me the money's in my account. They certainly can't say they need the charges because of the extra paperwork, because I didn't get it...

Just stick to your timetable:)

And I can't say enough times that Recorded Delivery is not worth the extra expense. Get Proof of Posting - it's free and all the evidence needed for a court.

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

I am watching this thread to see how you guys get on.. good luck!

I am 14 days behind you as just sent off prelim... time for payback :D

AtMoSpHeRiC

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

I seem to be confused & having trouble understanding the L.B.A. letter.

1. I can't seem to download it.
  2. The template also says something about interest accumulated on top of the charges?!

Is it me or is it quite simple?

Please help as i need to send this now as it is gone 14 day's since the prelim letter.

Thanks!

[your address]

[their address]

[date]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the [XXDATE OF FIRST LETTERXX]

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

F&Q's... Read here

This is the lba leter.

Just add and delete what you need or dont need.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

This one is the highlighted copy for you to see.

F&Q's... Read here

What a load of twoddle!

Have you seen the alliance and leicester ad where the advisor is pretending to drink champagne with the ladys charge money??

Do you think that is real??

I work for the halifax. Every person you saw on that ad is a normal member of staff, like me. We do not see any of the charge money. If you think that we do then i suggest you do some more homework before trying to make a claim?!

I pay charges at my own bank AND at natwest, yes, i am trying to claim them back.

James

I think (and don't quote me on this) that is if you are claiming contractual interest.

Have you filled out the spreadsheet provided on this site? if so, only add the interest at court stage.