Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

 

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

 

 

BankFodder BankFodder

 

BankFodder BankFodder

Didge

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About Didge

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Didge

    Didge v Egg

    Looks like Ema Clayton (or whoever is reading her mail, because the signature looks nothing like that) actually reads the letters when it gets to this stage, as all my points have been answered individually. So, confidentiality clause has been lifted, all I need to do is return their acceptance form and should be done and dusted. Will let you know when money in bank
  2. Didge

    Didge v Egg

    Congratulations a bit premature at the moment - sent off a secure message asking about the confidentiality bit, got no response other than 'we'll send it on to the relevant department' and nothing. So I've posted an acceptance letter (not theirs) this week, hoping that because I was waiting for a response and haven't had one, it's not too late because they put a 14 day limit on the offer. Cross fingers...
  3. Didge

    Didge v Egg

    Thanks for that Mister Don't know if I'm brave enough to pursue PPI, but one good thing on my doormat as I got home tonight an offer from Egg for what I've asked for. :D As the terms of the settlement ask for confidentiality, I won't say if I'm going to accept the offer...
  4. Didge

    Didge v Egg

    Guess what turned up today? A complete set of transactions for my Egg Green card, along with my CCAs, which I had asked for completely separately. And I was right - in five years of having that card, not a single charge - just when I was in financial difficulty and actually asked for help before it escalated, they helped by putting a default on it, which is the major blip on my credit record now . So now on to the CCAs. There is nowhere mentioned about CC Repayment Protector. I know I wouldn't have ticked the box to do it, because I never tick that box, and when I applied for my Egg card, I'd had a Barclaycard for 4 years that had not taken one payment protection charge out ever, because I wouldn't have opted for it. Would it be worth going for a refund? Is the onus on me to prove I didn't tick the box rather than Egg proving I did? As the charges on one card were over £500, it's certainly worth it in that respect, but what are the odds on getting it back?
  5. Didge

    Didge v Egg

    It's been a while... Still no missing statements, but really looking and working out the balances, etc. I don't think there are any more charges to come. So I started the ball rolling with my prelim on 14th May. Had a response and was offered the £4 difference in Full and Final on the 25th May. Which, of course, I instantly accepted. Yeah. Right. Posted my combined rejection/LBA on Friday.
  6. Sounds just like my claim Elise - Thought my account was closed as I'd got into difficulty, went into an agreement for a few months then was able to pay off the balance. No more statements, no more cards and I'm sure I was sent a letter to the effect it was closed - that was 3 years ago. This week I also get a statement saying my account is in credit by £30 - the amount offered to me, which in my prelim, LBA and rejections in between I requested the full amount by cheque as I considered my account closed. Looks like BC are suddenly getting a whole load of 'returning' customers? No matter - will be filing N1 on Thursday.
  7. My answer would be of course you can claim, and hopefully anyone who is/has been in a similar situation would be able to furnish you with details. Personally I would still deal with BCard as that was who the account was with, but if I'm wrong please someone correct me. If your son has all his statements, then you can start with the prelim, or send off the SAR if he hasn't. Good Luck
  8. Looks like Barclaycard want to do it the hard way. Received response to my LBA yesterday - noting that I was dissatisfied with their offer to refund £30 however their position remains that they believe it's fair when customers break the terms of their agreement, they recover the costs. Me too - totally agree with that. So it looks like once I've returned home from visiting England this week, I'll be down the court with my N1. I would just like some advice please - as I am claiming contractual interest, I would like to put in some way in the Particulars of Claim that although I'm claiming C.I., that I'll accept the 8% statutory if that's what the sticking point is. Or do I just do that in discussions with the legal guys if they contact me?
  9. Thing is, you requested a list of charges, and if they couldn't do this then a set of statements would be acceptable. They have complied to your request, so if you were to now demand your statements, they could then go 'OK', but charge you £3 each statement as is their wont. The list of charges is fine.
  10. No threat of closure and certainly no announcement of closure. Didn't get to court stage with this claim. Just as I was thinking about getting my N1 ready I had the letter offering full repayment of charges as gesture of goodwill and without liability. There's just no set way they are dealing with cases, but Good Luck with yours.
  11. This N1 claim now is to get hold of the statements Abo - not for getting charges. Looks like I'm going to have to do the same for my incomplete Egg statements - not going to make a claim until I have all the details.
  12. IMO I would keep bank accounts and credit card accounts separate. If they were both bank or both credit, then one claim. I know this would mean two of everything including court claims, but you do get the costs returned. HTH:)
  13. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html I do believe you would need to inform MCOL (or the court if your case has been allocated to your local) about the payment and adjust the amount you are claiming for - I'm sure someone would correct me on this one. But keep going - you will get the full amount.
  14. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html Give them a little nudge:)
  15. :D Money in account today:D 3 days before I'd need to give them a reminder. They're no fun now! Moving onto the completely awkward whatnots of Barclaycard and Egg. Keep up the Good Fight:)
×
×
  • Create New...