gpm vs HSBC bank - Their Defence Struck Out

GPM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post, but I've submitted a MCOL on behalf of my husband for nearly £5000. I've also submitted the AQ and the court now advises HSBC's defence has been struck out, as they did not submit theirs by the due date of 1 Jan. It has also come back from the judge (assumably this means the decision has now been made as to which track will apply). Can anyone tell me what it means for their defence to be struck out, and what will happen next?

HSBC £4,528

Began process with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 5/7/06

Recieved payment on 21/4/07

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Thanks for your replies. I'll let you know what the court advises.

HSBC £4,528

Thanks Netty - it's been a long time coming! I sent the first letter requesting all statements back in July last year. Once this one is finished I will have the confidence to take on all the other companies that have charged penalties.

HSBC £4,528

just ring that court first thing in the morning and get it sorted. can't wait to hear your reply tomorrow when you have found out!!!

everything is crossed for you

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

I will post an update as soon as I can tomorrow. Thanks so much. It's amazing how much support everyone gives on this site! But then, it's such a good cause!

HSBC £4,528

Hello

Any news??

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

bit FUBAR for those caught in the backlog.

Still if they did not insist on playing games with us and paid up as the moral guardians they claim to be would then they would not be in this situation.

Stick em I hope they lose the lot.

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

No news as yet, unfortunately. When my husband rang the court on Friday, the person he spoke to didn't seem to know what was what, so we may need to wait a couple of days to see if we receive anything official from them in writing advising of the situation. If not, we'll try phoning again to see if we can get any more information.

HSBC £4,528

Hi, sorry to keep you all waiting in suspense! Just got back online after some problems with my internet connection.

Phoned the court on Friday who advised the paperwork has come back from the judge but they are too short-staffed to process it. So we now have to wait for 2 weeks to receive the paperwork advising us what to do next.

They confirmed again that HSBC's defence has been struck out, so can anyone tell me if I can go ahead and request a judgement by default before receiving the official paperwork from them? And how would I go about this. I'm concerned that there will be a deadline, and also, we just would rather not wait another 2 weeks before progressing the case. We want our money back!

HSBC £4,528

when you first come on to cag - before you click on the forum - scroll down to the very bottom - and those names in pink and green are mods and site helpers - you can see who is on-line - they should be able to give you a decent opinion of what to do - include your link and ask them to look at the last couple of posts.

Now you must enter a Judgement in Default as the defence has been struck out. To enter Judgment in Default you will need to obtain a Form from the court, this is known as a "Request for Judgment" Form.

The form you need is an N225, here http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=465

Complete this and file it with the court where you filed your claim.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

They may well be embarrassed into paying once judgment has been granted. The court will send an N30 [Judgment for Claimant (in default)] and when you receive this judgment has been granted.

This can then be enforced, by issuing a warrant of execution. In order to do this you will need to file an Form N323 (request to issue a warrant of execution) but let us not get ahead of ourselves, this may not be necessary.

File the N225 as soon as you can and obtain the judgment first.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received