Warm Front

dori2o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a boiler fitted 18 months ago through a Warm Front grant, they came to service it last week and found that a aprt was faulty (No suprise considering the make of the boiler). The engineer told us he would put a referral through and advised us to contact Warm Front and ask if they had ordered in the part if we hadn't heard from them within a week to arrange for it to be fitted.

We have not yet heard from them and I was going to phone but I have lost the letter from them, does anyone have the telephone number for them. I only have the Eaga number and they don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, does anyone know what the length of the warranty is on boilers provided bt this scheme.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

I thought it was EAGA who supplied the grant, and commissioned independant engineers to fit the boilers on their authorisation.

Did the engineer not leave any paperwork? If it was a gas boiler, I believe they have to provide you with documentation relating to the installation of a gas boiler (CORGI).

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

• 1 month later...

Hiya i got a letter saying my service was due. The number on my warm front letter is:0870 320 0026. Monday-Friday between 8-5pm. It also says try and avoid calling mondays as its their busiest time. Not sure on warrenty/guarantee sorry.

Hi,

I had a boiler fitted 18 months ago through a Warm Front grant, they came to service it last week and found that a aprt was faulty (No suprise considering the make of the boiler). The engineer told us he would put a referral through and advised us to contact Warm Front and ask if they had ordered in the part if we hadn't heard from them within a week to arrange for it to be fitted.

We have not yet heard from them and I was going to phone but I have lost the letter from them, does anyone have the telephone number for them. I only have the Eaga number and they don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, does anyone know what the length of the warranty is on boilers provided bt this scheme.

the telephone number for warm front is08003166011

• 1 month later...

i got the warmfront grant, but unfortunatly i had a new boiler fitted last year, so they said they would do the cavety walls.

so out of the blue 2 young lads came and started drilling big holes in the walls, i did not supervise them as i have a 3 month old baby and wanted to keep her out of the dust.

so anyway they did there thing and asked me to sign form to say they had done it which i did.

when i eventully went outside they have left 2 big holes in the wall and not filled them...and the ones they have filled the concrete is falling out.

cowboys

i own my own home, so what is the best thing to do?

i got the warmfront grant, but unfortunatly i had a new boiler fitted last year, so they said they would do the cavety walls.

so out of the blue 2 young lads came and started drilling big holes in the walls, i did not supervise them as i have a 3 month old baby and wanted to keep her out of the dust.

so anyway they did there thing and asked me to sign form to say they had done it which i did.

when i eventully went outside they have left 2 big holes in the wall and not filled them...and the ones they have filled the concrete is falling out.

cowboys

i own my own home, so what is the best thing to do?

Contact the company that did the work, they are responsible for the work they have done, as long as it is within the last 12 months.

If they refuse to do anything about it, contact EAGA (the organisation behind the warm front scheme), and ask that they send one of their inspectors out. If the inspector finds fault with the work, then the company who did the job does not get paid until they have put it right.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Its illegal for someone to install/repair a gas boiler who isn't CORGI registered...

beware, a corgi logo on letterheads or the installers maters corgi card etc. isnt good enough, the company doesnt require corgi registration its the engineers...

They dont commonly show you paperwork saying they are legally allowed to do the work, but you have every right to ask and confirm their CORGI registration.

I do agree that they have to leave, i think it usually is a manual (plus warranty papers etc.) with the boiler.

Thanks for the info.

It's not that particular information I was looking for, however, i'm sure it wil benefit others on the site.

I'm lucky enough to have 2 plumbers in the family, my brother and my dad, so I'm pretty clued up on the regs etc. The origional post I was just looking for ther warmfront telephone number as neither of them knew it.

Again, I'm sure this information will be usefull to others.

• 3 weeks later...
Its illegal for someone to install/repair a gas boiler who isn't CORGI registered...

Just to be very pedantic, it's only a requirement if you do it for somebody else and /or charge for it.

It is perfectly legal to DIY

Report Non-Registered Installers

Do you know of any people who have undertaken gas installation

work, yet are not appropriately registered with CORGI?

Anyone carrying out gas work for gain while unregistered is breaking the law. CORGI does not have any powers of prosecution, but can present information about such work to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). The unregistered installer is then liable for prosecution.

If you suspect that gas work carried out in your property was done by an unregistered installer, we can arrange for an inspection during which our Inspector will advise you of any safety defects and the courses of action you can take.

xxxxxxxxxxxIt is perfectly legal to DIYxxxxxxxxxx

not if you kill a member of your family

Report Non-Registered Installers

Do you know of any people who have undertaken gas installation

work, yet are not appropriately registered with CORGI?

Yes, me

Anyone carrying out gas work for gain while unregistered is breaking the law. CORGI does not have any powers of prosecution, but can present information about such work to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). The unregistered installer is then liable for prosecution.

But it was DIY, so not for gain; so I'm not liable for prosecution

If you suspect that gas work carried out in your property was done by an unregistered installer, we can arrange for an inspection during which our Inspector will advise you of any safety defects and the courses of action you can take.

Phew, that's al; right then because I don't suspect. I know that gas work was done by an unregistered installer - me

xxxxxxxxxxxIt is perfectly legal to DIYxxxxxxxxxx

not if you kill a member of your family

Typical scare-mongering and irrelevant to the thread. I was merely pointing out that DIY was not illegal.

Obviously, it has to be done safely - as it does by a CORGI registered installer. Having a CORGI registration does not automatically make someone's work safe - it is an indication that they are trained and should be safe.