G24 anpr PCN - Double Dipping - Wigan Robin Retail Park

1 Date of the infringement (18th and 19th April)

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th Apri

3 Date received 29th April

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? G24 Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Wigan Robin Retail Park

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th.

Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school. 

On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left.

Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit. 

This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day.

In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road.

GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images

I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card.

I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.

g24 2xPCNs.pdf

Hi T911 and welcome to CAG.

As you say, an interesting screw up. So much for quality control!

Anyway, our regular advice is to ignore all of their increasingly threatening missives... UNLESS you get a letter of claim, then come back here and we'll help you write a "snotty letter" to help them decide whether to take it any further with their stoopid pics.

If you get mail you're unsure of, just upload it for the team to have a look.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to G24 anpr PCN - Double Dipping - Wigan Robin Retail Park
Posted (edited)

Obviously I'm ignorant and don't know the local area - but to me the images show the front of the car entering, and the rear of the car exiting, both times.

On a second point - do you have any proof of your being elsewhere during the two times they reckon you were three hours in the car park?

BTW, I've just done a search and we have 81 G24 threads apart from yours.  This is a company that huffs & puffs but very rarely does court.  In fact of the 81 cases, in 79 they haven't done court

In one court case sadly the Cagger didn't defend and lost by default.

In the second case G24 issued a court claim ...and then wet themselves and discontinued the case once the Cagger defended.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added
  • Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It only looks that way.

The images where you see the front of my car is me leaving.

Behind me is the retail park.

Infront of me is the exit to the main road. 

The images of the back of my car are me leaving via a roundabout on the other side of the car park later in the day when i visited a second time. 

I probably can find proof of being elsewhere I just haven't bothered to look because of the fact they messed up themselves and have 100% made a mistake or are simply trying their luck. 

Thanks for the info on the other threads here.

I'll have a look at them later. 

13 hours ago, FTMDave said:

to me the images show the front of the car entering, and the rear of the car exiting, both times.

I found it a little difficult at first Dave, but if you look at the pics with the knowledge that the car is actually facing the roundabout in every pic, you'll get the idea. The car is leaving the car park in every picture...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

T911, Nick, thanks, I got there in the end!

3 hours ago, T911 said:

I probably can find proof of being elsewhere I just haven't bothered to look because of the fact they messed up themselves and have 100% made a mistake or are simply trying their luck.

Without boring you with the details, it is precisely the most ridiculous cases that end up being lost - because the Cagger knows the other party's case is rubbish so doesn't do the necessary work on their own case.

G24 are well aware of double dipping.  They have either done it deliberately or else have cameras which can't handle multiple visits to the car park which G24 happily leave malfunctioning so the £££££ keep rolling in.

Sadly most people aren't like you.  I've just read various reviews for the Retail Park on TripAdvisor and Parkopedia.  Virtually all of them are complaining about these unfair charges for daring to spend time & money shopping in a shopping centre.  Yet no-one is refusing to pay.  They moan but think they have been fined and cough up.

G24 are unlikely to do court, but it's not impossible with two tickets.

Try to get evidence that you were elsewhere at these times.

Often retail parks will intervene, but I've Googled & Googled and cannot find an e-mail address for the place.  Could the manager of one of your favourite shops give you a contact e-mail address for the company that run the retail park?

Right at the moment I'm supposed to be teaching someone who runs two shops at the local shopping centre, but I'm not as he has had to go to a meeting with the company that runs the shopping centre, so I know for a fact that these business relationships exist!!!

• I agree 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

dont forget tracking data on your google account and facebook account if you've got location data enabled on your phone.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah I never even considered it, odd for me because im Tech savvy.

Had a look and sure enough its all there in my google timeline. Perfect. 

• Like 2

just type no need to keep hitting quote

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, that's it then.

Clear proof of the rubbish cameras.

Clear proof of double dipping.

G24 won't be getting a penny.

Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.

• Like 1

Thanks I'll use that.

dave...Yep im going to do just that and calmly enjoy the process that follows. 

Whats the deal with the quote thing?

Is it causing an issue for the site or just an annoyance.

On 02/05/2024 at 21:11, T911 said:

Had a look and sure enough its all there in my google timeline. Perfect. 

Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this?

Every day is a school day.

2 hours ago, T911 said:

Is it causing an issue for the site or just an annoyance.

no need to use it.

it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too.

just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people.

everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.

• Like 1

and they

Posted (edited)

"Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this?"

Its pretty simple although not obvious.

You open the google maps app > click your profile picture > Click Timeline from the list > click today > choose the date you want to see the timeline from. Then you'll see your timeline for that day.

Often, places you have visited will have a question mark beside them where google wants you confirm you have actually visited. You either click 'yes' if you have, or you click 'edit' to enter the actual place you visited.

Sometimes, you'll see 'Missing visit' This probably happens if your internet connection has dropped out at that time. You simply click 'Add visit' and enter the place.

The internet on my crappy phone often loses connection so I have to do that alot.

OK dx, understood mate. 

Edited by T911
  • Like 1

Many thanks for this.

Of course I hadn't turned mine on!

But the function was easy to find and will be very useful for the future.

• Like 1