ECP ANPR PCN - didn't use terminal- Hornsey Central Health Centre

@F18 the issue that may come up is that ECP will probably say that you have to submit it through their formal appeals process. ECP, like most of the PPCs, have it as a condition of submitting an appeal that you name the driver, otherwise they won't accept the appeal. On the ECP page you linked in Post #21 it says "Please review our FAQs before submitting an appeal", go to the FAQ about appeals and it says [my bold] "All correspondence must include the Parking Charge Notice reference number, your vehicle registration mark, your name, address and the name of the driver (if different) and any supporting evidence."

That's one reason why we normally advise people never to appeal, it's how PPCs try to force you to reveal the driver when you aren't legally required to do so. You then lose important legal protections. (The other reason for not appealing is that they rarely accept them!)

You are not appealing.  There are no grounds for appeal.  You did fail to input the registration number.

I would send ECP a letter by 2nd class post (all they are worth), obtaining a free Certificate of Posting, and enclosing a redacted copy of the appointment, saying Hornsey Central Health Centre* have told you to do this to get the charge cancelled.

I think there is a huge chance that reception are fobbing you off, but it's only a stamp so worth a try.

* Or whoever the organ grinder is.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Alright - thanks. I'll try sending a full redacted letter 2nd class to them with the below text in the hope they cancel it. Guessing I should not sign it or say my name anywhere - just have the text, ECP reference number and the redacted proof of appointment on that day?

Please find enclosed proof a medical appointment on the day of 12 February 2024 at 17:25, the patient for which was the driver of the vehicle in question. The reception at Queenswood Medical Practice / Hornsey Central Health Centre has instructed us to contact you directly with this proof of appointment they provided, saying the PCN should be cancelled as the driver of the vehicle attended a medical appointment on the day and did not use the parking facilities for any other purpose.

Edited by F18

2 hours ago, F18 said:

Guessing I should not sign it or say my name anywhere - just have the text, ECP reference number and the redacted proof of appointment on that day?

There's no problem giving your name.  You are the registered keeper and the person they sent the invoice to.  Don't sign it though.

2 hours ago, F18 said:

Please find enclosed proof of a medical appointment on the day of 12 February 2024 at 17:25, the patient having travelled in the vehicle in question. The reception at Queenswood Medical Practice / Hornsey Central Health Centre has instructed us to contact you directly with this proof of appointment they provided, saying the PCN should be cancelled as the vehicle contained a patient who attended a medical appointment on the day and did not use the parking facilities for any other purpose.

No clue should be given to them at all about the identity of the driver,.  I've made suggested changes in red above.

Get the letter off tomorrow.  I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.  But nothing ventured ...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread