F&F secured loan with Elderbridge (old First Plus/Barclays) - coerced debt and selling house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That wasn't what I said. I

was replying to the previous comment whereby the person said they spoke up so the judge could hear what they were saying, instead of the person whispering to the defendant and the defendant trying to repeat whatever had been said.

The judges in the courts I work in certainly prefer a cogent explanation from a McKenzie friend spoken loudly enough so they can hear it, to a garbled misunderstood relaying from the defendant.

Encouraging lay people to 'play lawyers' would be encouraging them to commit a criminal act - so hardly likely to occur.

• Haha 1

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a previous cagger - diddydicky - who had been dealing with all the paperwork etc on behalf of his wife. When the hearing date was given he wrote to the court and asked if it would be possible to speak on his wife's behalf. The wife provided a written statement requesting this also - that she would be attending court should any questions need be asked of her. Permission was granted.

I will try and find the thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?242373-MBNA-Restons-for-Diddydicky-case/page6

Posts # 51 and 52 - However, I have attached a pdf of the draft letters below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41460[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you so much Citizen!!

This looks like just what I need, I really was panicked at the last one and really don't know how I got threw it, actually felt very light headed, surprised I didn't faint.

I will get my version of this written up and sent - have just found out that my new hearing date has been set for JUNE!! so ages to wait now, but at least it give the FOS time and the group court case time to hopefully go through.

Thanks again!

Myfamily

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well I am waiting with Baited breath for a reply from Eversheds (as ordered by the court) to my detailed defence including exhibits etc. They have till 25 Feb to provide this and my next court hearing s in June.

Just wondered what if they don't provide a reply? what happens then? Is it possible that they won't or do they have to because it has been ordered by the court?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thanks as usual!!

Myfamily

Anyone please, I don't know what I should do once the 25th has gone by.

HI MF,

Rather than speculate about whether they do or don't respond, wait another 4 days to see, and maybe even allow a couple of days extra.

THEN decide how to move on, based on actual events instead of various "what if's".

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

And if they don't then consider an application to the Court to strike out their claim for not following the Courts Directions (with Costs)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I understand what you're saying Slick, I'm sorry I'm just so tense right now and the waiting is killing me!

Also it's soo straining on mine and my husbands relationship, he is even less patient than I am and getting very edgy. atmosphere in our house right now is horrible, just don't know whether we're coming or going!

I just wanted to have an idea of what I should be doing next.

Andy - Thanks for that info, but I suppose as I cannot make the full CMI plus comething for the arrears could they just start the process again, my defence was very detailed and a lot of difficult questions for them to answer, I'm hoping they can't answer them but I don't know anymore.

Thanks

[b" ]Andy - Thanks for that info, but I suppose as I cannot make the full CMI plus comething for the arrears could they just start the process again," [/b]

Only by way of the Courts permission which they may find difficult after Strike Out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Well lets wait and see if they fail to comply as Slick has advised...you appear to have enough on your mind at the moment.:wink:

From post#74 :-

Well I am waiting with Baited breath for a reply from Eversheds (as ordered by the court) to my detailed defence including exhibits etc. They have till 25 Feb to provide this and my next court hearing s in June.

Can you confirm exactly what the court ordered, and was there any consequence mentioned if Eversheds failed to comply.

:-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick

The wording of the order was

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) This matter be adjourned till ** June 2013 - blah, bah, blah ......................

2) The Defendant must serve a copy of their defence and axhibits on the Claimant by the 4th Feb 2013 (I sent this to them on 30 Jan 2013 and it was signed for on 31 Jan 2013)

3) The Claimant must file and serve a witness statement in response to the defence by 25 Feb 2013

That's it, there are no consequences mentioned :-(

I'm waiting for today's post then I am going to ring the court and find out if they have received anything - unless you have a better idea! :-)

Thanks

Myfamily

Hi MF,

No, I have no better idea.

But others who are subscribed may drop in later..............

:wink:

Allow a few days leniency ( I know you shouldn't have to dealing with large professional corporations) then you need to bring it to the courts attention...by application if needs be for the court to issue sanctions.

CPR 3 (PD3.3) http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part03

Regards

Andy

Thanks Slick and Thanks Andy.

Still no post yet today but as soon as he comes i will check with the court to see if they have got anything, They've been quick enough to rush me into court so I hate the idea of allowing them extra time, they are a law firm doing this sort of thing day in and day out - I managed to supply my defence to them early!! I'm sure they're doing this just to wind me up knowing that the court is unlikely to worry about them being a couple of days late.

I don't mean to sound moody :-) just a bit fed up with it!

Thanks again.

Just phoned the court and they have received nothing. They said they were working on things dated yesterday so If I call back tomorrow they will be able to tell me for definite whether they have received anything, and go on from there.

Some courts work to 5 days behind, which is one reason for allowing a little leeway. It is very frustrating when professionas are provided with more time. Especially when it is they who rush to litigate in the first instance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well, what can I say!!

I rang the court today to find out if they had received a response. I was told that they haven't BUT they have received an application to vary the order YESTERDAY!!. I asked exactly what they were asking for and was told they couldn't tell me as a judge was looking at it at the moment.  I called Eversheds.

I was told that they have asked for the order to be varied to allow more time (until mid March) to reply to my defence, They have also asked that the next possession hearing in June be changed to a Case Management hearing (whatever that means!!). Eversheds told me over the phone that the do not agree with some parts of my defence and will obviously put that in the response.

I hope the judge who looks at it now does not allow the variation, it was a day late!, they admitted that they put it in yesterday surely they should just say "sorry - too late" but No they probably won't, but if I was late they would!!!

Can't believe this!!

I wanted to apply to the court for the claim to be struck out

How frustrating !! :-x

You'll just have to wait for now and see how the judge views their late Application.

The court will advise you once the judge has considered the matter.

:-(

Case management hearing is pretty much what it says on the tin.

The case management conference is a hearing which takes place for the purposes of deciding how to progress the case.

It is usually where there are some complex issues that need deciding on.

It deals with the timetable for certain steps which need to be taken has to be fixed in order to deal with the case expeditiously.

In accordance with the Civil Procedure rules, the representatives who attend the case management conference must familiarise themselves with the case and all issues it involves in order to understand the case.

You must attend, if you dont and as a result the conference is postponed, wasted costs order may follow.

These usually happen when it is necessary to assess what the progress of the case is and maybe to set further directions with regards to the further steps which has to be taken. The court should give the parties at least three days notice of the case management conference. As in accordance with the Practice Direction 29 to Civil Procedure Rules, the court may consider several issues at this conference these are for instance; whether the claimant made the claim clear to the court citing appropriate amount he is claiming for, whether any amendments are required to be made to the claim, what disclosure of documents is necessary if any at all, what expert evidence is required, what factual evidence should be disclosed, whether there are any arrangements necessary for a further clarification of the issues arising, whether it will be just and will save costs .

Hope this helps.

BCOBS

Yeah Slick - Very frustrating!! - Trying very hard to hold my nerve but I won't lie I am terrified!!! The solicitor at Eversheds was a bit scary and virtualy accused me of lying! Saying she didn't accept certain parts of my defence, I told her this is the truth like it or not!

Thanks Citizen for this info - very helpful, I will definately show up! and yes there are complex issues, along the lines of excessive interest and unfair contract terms as well as their treatment of us when we told them we were struggling.

This has taken over our life - cannot concentrate at work which isn't helpful as there is a re-structure in progress so people losing jobs and I have to apply to keep mine! :-( If I lose that I am stuffed!!

But thanks to everyone here, you have really helped so much and I am very grateful!

I just have one more question if you can help.

I was advised by a friend that I might want to do and "unless order", he says to ask the courts to give them the extra time of approx 1 or 2 weeks and to say that if they don't provide the response to aks for the claim to be struck out.

Does this make any sense to anyone and how doyou think I should word this request?

Thanks

The court / Judge may well suggest something along those lines at the CMC :)

BCOBS

" I was advised by a friend that I might want to do and "unless order", he says to ask the courts to give them the extra time of approx 1 or 2 weeks and to say that if they don't provide the response to aks for the claim to be struck out.

Does this make any sense to anyone and how doyou think I should word this request?"

I have already covered that MF in posts# 77/79/ and 87. I personally would wait to see what response the Court gives to their application.

Regards

Andy