Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got fed up waiting for Cabot to send me their promised goodwill gesture for my domain name, cabotfinancial.eu, as well as them starting the transfer procedure to move it to their servers. So I have given them until the 7th September to do so, otherwise I will have to sell the name in order to recoup my losses.

I've been offered £11 for it. In the unlikely (HOHO) event that Cabot doesn't come through for me by the end of next week, does anybody else want to take it on? Bear in mind that it is likely to come with the threat of litigation against whoever is burdened with it. :D

I got fed up waiting for Cabot to send me their promised goodwill gesture for my domain name, cabotfinancial.eu, as well as them starting the transfer procedure to move it to their servers. So I have given them until the 7th September to do so, otherwise I will have to sell the name in order to recoup my losses.

I've been offered £11 for it. In the unlikely (HOHO) event that Cabot doesn't come through for me by the end of next week, does anybody else want to take it on? Bear in mind that it is likely to come with the threat of litigation against whoever is burdened with it. :D

£11.01p - I just love a fight :D

Dear Seahorse,

I believe that a desire to profit from the 'goodwill' of the complainant is the criteria for legal recourse for 'alleged' cybersquatting.

I'm not planning to profit from the domain name.

However, my motivation is that more people need to be made aware of the activities of companies like Cabot and the legal remedies available to them.

With the above in mind, I would be extremely happy for the current content of your blog site to translocate.

PM me if you are interested.

Best regards,

NNN

Dear Seahorse,

I believe that a desire to profit from the 'goodwill' of the complainant is the criteria for legal recourse for 'alleged' cybersquatting.

I'm not planning to profit from the domain name.

NNN

One assumes you refer to the idea of 'Passing Off' in that one would be profiting from the use of their (alleged :D ) goodwill if they had any.

I believe their argument is not quite based upon their being any 'Passing Off' but one of 'Intellectual Rights'. Well, ignoring the fact that there's hardly an intellectual amongst them in the Towers of W.Malling, the very thought that we or anyone would want to 'pass off' as a debt collection agency called Cabot beggars belief in the first instance. No, this was more a matter of shutting Seahorse Up because he has made more noise than they could ever have imagined. www .coveritup.co.uk in fact generates so much traffic these days from amongst their biggy banks customers than I expect their own site does. Hopefully, just like Gerald Ratners misdemoneanours and the effect that had on his business, so too Maynard & Cabot will lose their clients in the same way - same products - cheap tatt!

If you can create even higher exposure - wonderful, Searhorse drives a hard bargain - it's up to £11.01p to date :p

Indeed you are correct. If that was the intent when purchasing the domain name. This clearly is not the case.

However, as I can no longer use the name due to, in my opinion unfounded, allegations of "passing off", I can see no reason why I should not be allowed to recoup my losses as a result of not being allowed to use the name.

Cabot have the opportunity (well, they've had it for a month) to recompense me by way of their promised goodwill gesture. But if they do not, then it appears obvious to me that I must be allowed to dispose of the name as I see fit.

And in any case, at the moment, the total profit would be 68 pee. Hardly the sort of profit that would justify the claim of cybersquatting.

Unless further posts have increased the offer somewhat. ;)

Anyhow... Goodwill? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dear Seahorse,

Best regards,

NNN

Well, I've been having a look at the necessary info that I will require in order to take Cabot to court for a breach of the DPA.

I am under the impression that in Scotland, any pre-action protocols are voluntary. But as I will be raising the action in Scotland, but Cabot are in England, does anyone know if that is still the case?

i have sent peter bard some new data concerning the DATA PROTECTION ACT so you might find the contract that was signed giving them the authority to pass data isnt worth the paper it was written of as it is illegal due to some acts i have asked peter to research so all contracts with this term to pass your data is not lawful,,regardless it cant be lawful as it flys in the face of your human rights you may also have the opertunity to recind the contract due to this unlawful act

but we will have to wait peters advice

but here is part of it if you wish to discuss it

THE REPUGNANT RULE

All covered anyway thanks Patrick. MY application form has a tick box to give consent to share data, and I didn't tick it. The T&C's that Cabot SAY were in effect then, says that Barclaycard will not pass on my data without asking me first. Which they didn't do.

So both Barclaycard and Cabot are in the poo. I'll deal with Cabot first, as they will probably be easiest to deal with, and I think a judge will just tell them to destroy my data.

Barclaycard though. Hmm. Another thing entirely. They appear to have sold my data illegally. They might have been able to argue that processing my data was lawful, in order to administer my account. But as I have EXPRESSLY denied them permission to share my data, and they also have not asked my permission as per their own T&C's, they seem to have rather more seriously breached the DPA. I think I might need the help of a solicitor with that one, as it's likely to involve some heavy compensation, never mind potential jail time.

Does it really matter if they visit. You have nearly 3 times as many visitors.

Should wedge in the list with a starter page rank of 3.

Dodgy Business is happily taking hits and directing the traffic to where it needs to go. Been a bit busy to do anything lately. Still watching from the grassy Knoll.

Come in West Malling your time is up.

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.

Oh, a profit of 70p. Still hardly cybersquatting. :D

re cyberquuatting simply redirect the name to something like

Welcome to the official web site of the British Monarchy

you''ll get a lot of publicity if they pursue the matter !!!

now did you know this about cabot tower

Cabot Tower is St. John's most visible landmark. It was built between 1898 and 1900 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee as well as the 400th anniversary of John Cabot's discovery of the New Found Land. The Tower was used for signaling until 1960. Don't miss the great historical exhibits here.

um see the royal link !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

103923_signalhill.jpg

i am sure their chairman is not a "queen"

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

All covered anyway thanks Patrick. MY application form has a tick box to give consent to share data, and I didn't tick it. The T&C's that Cabot SAY were in effect then, says that Barclaycard will not pass on my data without asking me first. Which they didn't do.

So both Barclaycard and Cabot are in the poo. I'll deal with Cabot first, as they will probably be easiest to deal with, and I think a judge will just tell them to destroy my data.

Barclaycard though. Hmm. Another thing entirely. They appear to have sold my data illegally. They might have been able to argue that processing my data was lawful, in order to administer my account. But as I have EXPRESSLY denied them permission to share my data, and they also have not asked my permission as per their own T&C's, they seem to have rather more seriously breached the Data Protection Act. I think I might need the help of a solicitor with that one, as it's likely to involve some heavy compensation, never mind potential jail time.

good on you seahorse perhaps a DATA PROTECTION BLOGSPOT SHOULD GO UP AS WELL just hope that you print a warning thread on your blog letting every potential cabot customer know that their DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION IS is now everyones business

Well, I've had a tranfer request for the domain name today. Just emailed Addleshaws and Cabot to confirm it originated from them. Can't be accidentally transferring it to someone else who might be trying it on. If all is OK, and/i get my promised cheque, I'll authorise the transfer once funds have cleared. Not that I don't trusth them, you understand.

Looked at my server logs this morning too. Cabot have obviously realised that their IP addy is no longer banned. (Childish, but I was bored). I also see Intrum Justitia were in for a look around. Only 13 pages looked at, so it can't have been interesting for them. But I do wonder why they bothered.

Well, I've had a tranfer request for the domain name today. Just emailed Addleshaws and Cabot to confirm it originated from them. Can't be accidentally transferring it to someone else who might be trying it on. If all is OK, and/i get my promised cheque, I'll authorise the transfer once funds have cleared. Not that I don't trusth them, you understand.

Looked at my server logs this morning too. Cabot have obviously realised that their IP addy is no longer banned. (Childish, but I was bored). I also see Intrum Justitia were in for a look around. Only 13 pages looked at, so it can't have been interesting for them. But I do wonder why they bothered.

I SEeem to remember about a year ago something on the lines of the banks etc .... (perhaps including cabbis & IJ ) were not supposed to visit web sites like this anybody got any views on this matter ?

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Banks and DCAs may well have internal policies regarding staff use of the internet, but there's no law or statute which would stop any individual visiting a publicly available website.

I wonder if the Cabot employees are finding coveritup useful :D

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

It is to be hoped they find it educational. But I don't expect them to actually take anything on board.

Although I did offer them a small piece of advice by email a while back, which they acted on. Perhaps I should send them an invoice for my consultancy fee? ;)