Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, what I have is Cabot saying they are right and I am wrong. A copy yet again of my application form, a copy of the terms and conditions from 2000 (I signed the application form in 1998 ), bundle of letters supposedly copies of letters sent and that have the wrong logo for the time period, and a list of statements from 2004 onwards.

And several defaults. Now I was under the impression that you could only be defaulted once on an account. Can anyone enlighten me?

Time to stop pussyfooting around. They've had way too long to sort this out, so this letter is their last chance before I follow Debt Mountain and TBern's example and start legal action.

Dear Ms Rodemark

Cabot Reference: xxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 1 August 207, but received yesterday, 7 August 2007.

I see little point in trying to convince you of the reasons why I disagree with your points of view, as clearly all that seems to be happening is an automatic gainsaying of our relative positions.

I do however have a couple of points to raise in relation to some new information that you have provided, and as I have not yet had contact with you, I would like to run over some old ground, despite the pointlessness of it all..

I wonder why ”Cabot” have yet again provided me with terms and conditions pertaining to a time period with no relevance; the copy you have supplied me is dated 2000.

The “copies” of letters provided (supposedly) from Barclaycard are headed with a logo from a different time period to that of the dates on those letters. They can not therefore be considered to be actual copies of letters sent. I am confused in any case, as to why “Cabot” might think them relevant.

You have yet again provided me with a copy of my application form. And again, sight of this document proves that any consent to my data being shared was obviously withheld, as evidenced by the fact that I did not tick the box allowing data sharing to take place. Therefore it is my contention that Barclaycard have unlawfully sold to Kings Hill (No 1) Limited, now known as Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, my personal information. You will be well aware that this is in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

No interest rates of any sort are contained within the application form that you have supplied. I am therefore confused as to why the documents you have supplied by way of statements from 2004 clearly show that interest was being charged on this account. I have not been supplied with statements prior to 2004, but I notice that Barclaycard in one of the letters you have supplied, makes mention of a £20 charge. I assume that there would have been many more such charges applied to this account, but I am unable to recollect having ever agreed to the levying of such penalties.

I also note that you have supplied copies of default notices issued in November 2000, and November 2005. As the “industry standard” for the continuation of reporting of defaults with the various credit reference agencies is 6 years, perhaps you might explain to me why Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, despite allegedly not holding any of my personal data, are still recording this default over 6 years later.

I should also like to know why Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited have not kept to their own timescales as laid out in their own complaints resolution procedure.

For the avoidance of doubt, you will note that despite your best intentions, I am still unable to acknowledge any debt whatsoever to your company. And as “Cabot” have been unable to resolve this dispute to my satisfaction, and are unlikely to do so in the foreseeable future, I must regrettably inform you that I shall not be paying “Cabot” any money with respect to this account.

Furthermore, it is my intention to seek redress through the courts for the continued campaign of harassment by Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited in pursuit of this alleged debt, which has caused both myself and my family unnecessary upset and distress by the nature of that harassment, and for damages caused by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited’s unlawful processing and reporting of my personal information.

You may reply to this communication if you wish. But unless such communication is by way of an apology and a statement informing me that “Cabot” will no longer be pursuing this debt, and will be removing all data from their systems, including the reporting of defaults from the credit reference agencies, you might as well not bother. Any such communication should in any case, be received by me by end of business Friday 10 August 2007, after which time I reserve the right to commence legal proceedings without further notice.

You might wish to consider email as being the most suitable method of communication in view of the short timescale. You have had long enough to resolve this dispute, and I do not consider it unreasonable to expect your final say on the matter by the above date.

Yours Sincerely,

First thing I notice is, they have sent me a letter supposedly sent to me by Barclaycard on 27th May 1999. Unfortunately, it has Barclaycard's new logo on it, so couldn't possibly originate from that date.

Oh, dear.

That is golden.

C'est en Francais, Sarah. Es Espanol que es la lengua de Espana.

(How do you put the little accent thingies on the letters?)

Sorry Seahorse, I'm not getting into this, I'm practicing my gaelic cos I'm going after them in the Emerald Isle where they think they got easy pickings. Cabot? ..... pogue mahon comes to mind ! :D

The British company leader of the collection of weak people enters the Spanish market.

I have leido this morning in an economic newspaper of these color salmon (I do not decide to me as it was confused.gif ) this that comes here:

The British leader of collection of weak people enters Spain with the purchase of 20% of Gescobro

The greater British group of management of collection of weak people, Cabot Financial, has reached an agreement strategic with the Spanish company Gescobro to step on the accelerator in the purchase of portfolios of weak people in the Iberian Peninsula. By virtue of this alliance, Cabot has acquired 20% of the capital of the group controlled by the Catalan family Garci'a Godall, who will follow the front of the management, according to explained sources near the process.

buitre-leonado.jpg

Querrá to say something?

SO MANY never gained SO MUCH in SO just a short time.

JUST TRANSLATED THE PAGE !!!! WILL CHECK THE SALMON NEWSPAPER FINANCIAL TIMES

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

SEC Info - Barclays PLC - SC 13G - Cabot Corp - On*2/8/06

oh dear !!! ( the link above does play up sometimes)

have fun click on everthing !!!

AND ME PRESUMES THIS ONE IS "OLD NEWS"

Barclays Private Equity - Press Office

I don't think this Cabot Corp is anything to do with the West Malling Cabot. Lets try not to confuse in our excitement to demolish...

(How do you put the little accent thingies on the letters?)

hold down ctrl and alt key..

ééééééééééééééééééééééé

ááááááááááááááááááááááá

úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú

ííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííííí

óóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóóó

cór, áint thát nicé!

OK lets tell you about nikko --- to make up for the booboo

nikko securities has had very close links with the stock market side of barclays for over twenty years dating to before the stock market crash in the 80's.

Dodgy is "not the word " for the way the financial companies behave in the japanese stock market

as these posts see these two links will show ....

am posting the bit including "Yamaichi Securities Co., " in order to date the links

these links must be from about 1999 ??

So you get an idea of japanese business practice.

presumably this nikko controlling cabot is the same one with the "very close relationship " to barclays in the days of BZW etc

http://www.samsloan.com/pay-back.htm

when you read the first link above you will be totally shocked !!!

http://www.samsloan.com/nomura.htm

Yamaichi Securities

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:

Yamaichi Securities Co., Ltd. (山一證券株式会社, Yamaich Shōken Kabushiki-gaisha?) was a Japanese securities trading firm. The company announced it would cease operations on November 24, 1997 and was declared bankrupt by the Tokyo District Court on June 2, 1999.

Japanese companies do not invest in their own companies in japan -- but invest abroard --- consequently they have artificial exchange rates

see THE "carry trade"

just a few facts about the "real" people behind "you know who"

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps