• Tweets

• Ok i think we may have the issue, so its been just over 6 months since i was banned and when i defended the case and it should have been rescinded. I have just spoken to the courts, and they informed the DVLA that the ban should have been overturned. Now you need to reapply for your license when you have been banned, and they give a window of 45 days i believe after it has expired. The dates add up, what i think has happened is that my details have been removed from the system because i was banned for 6 months (when i shouldn't have been) and the additional days on top. If this is the case then i surely i can sue these idiots until the cows come home, i have been driving whilst banned (again when i shouldn't have been)  and this can affect my job, imagine i had been pulled over with my son in the car, they would have just arrested me and not listened to a word of my story.  
    • First thing to do is what the the DVLA website extract says - write to the Central Casework Group with full details of your licence, adding that you spoke to DVLA call centre xx/xx/xxxx and they told you they couldn't see the details either.  Get proof of posting. Are you in physical possession of your Driving Licence Photocard? And the card shows it is still current? If so include a photocopy of it when you write to DVLA. There's no reason for you to assume that the licence has been cancelled or that you have been banned. Just some IT problem at DVLA. I wouldn't go into all the stuff about your court case last year. There's no evidence that the current glitch in the DVLA system is anything to do with it and it will just muddy the waters.  Most comparision sites ask for your licence number. You can get quotes without the licence being checked but when you take up an insurer's quote they then check your licence number against the DVLA website to make sure it is valid and to check if any Points for motoring offences are recorded. If you are unable to access your licence details on DVLA then insurers won't be able to either so they will refuse to proceed and cancel their quote. 
    • How about posting the full email, rather than just the bits you want us to see??
    • Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have received a letter similar to mine from that Jane woman, was it a copy and paste job? anyway, the 14 days are up on mine and guess what, they still haven't done a thing..... they are full of it. :D

No doubt she'll be up for a Credit Today award next year !!:D :D

Well, they will have a job getting hold of me for a while. Maybe if I wait long enough I'll get to join the Hodson's Fan Club too. :D

But I've told them there's no point waiting until the hard copy of their letter gets to me. They might as well start counting now, cos they can do what it says on the tin.

The enormous tin of Feck Off, that is. ;)

Well, they will have a job getting hold of me for a while. Maybe if I wait long enough I'll get to join the Hodson's Fan Club too. :D

But I've told them there's no point waiting until the hard copy of their letter gets to me. They might as well start counting now, cos they can do what it says on the tin.

The enormous tin of Feck Off, that is. ;)

Now you don't want to offend them publicly now do you Seahorse? Not a nice firm of suits and white shirts.... They're Professionals you see, professionals, and professionals means they do this and get paid for it for a living SO SHOULD KNOW WHAT's RIGHT AND WRONG !:D

OOOHH - wouldn't their personnel department just love to see their little winning team ? :D :D I bet their Cola machine is full of alcohol and their smoking room full of suspicious looking plants and the rest room must have a " Please knock before entering" sign on it - god forbid they don't have a shower room ! :D :D

I want a job there !!!!! "! Please Ken let me in ! " Why don't you send their Personnel dept a link?

Professionals, is it? Professional bunch of schoolkids with too much money, and too few morals, by the looks of things.

Have a look at this little lot. . .

People who work for Cabot Financial _ cabot

Mmm!!! Interesting crowd aren't they? Dedicated people if ever we saw it !!! (I think not) Nice to see these people have the necessary life skills and experiences required to have empathy, understanding, caring attitudes to share with their clients/customers?

It's a shame to phone or write to these people - we might disturb them from their fag breaks or their looking on the internet for the next "gig" to go to.

Professionals, is it? Professional bunch of schoolkids with too much money, and too few morals, by the looks of things.

Have a look at this little lot. . .

People who work for Cabot Financial _ cabot

so, of the 330 odd staff- the average age (of the normal operator) must be about 20 odd-- wow, that's the way to retain staff...get em young (it's the naivity I guess), pay them more than they deserve (or could ever earn doing a proper job) and hey presto....It's not rocket science...As soon as these people develop a conscious, they'll be off.

Just hate every DCA out there

I think you'll see if you dig deeper in their blogs that all is not sunshine and roses. Looks like a couple will be off as soon as something better comes along - like baby seal hunting.

Did I see Ken write something about staff motivation? Maybe he needs to have a rethink. ;)

I think you'll see if you dig deeper in their blogs that all is not sunshine and roses. Looks like a couple will be off as soon as something better comes along - like baby seal hunting.

Did I see Ken write something about staff motivation? Maybe he needs to have a rethink. ;)

They have to employ these young "money motivated" staff cause older more "life experienced" people wouldn't entertain the idea of working for them - they'd be likely to ask questions and actually spot what was going on - and that would never do would it?

Seems with these younger staff won't even realise what they are doing within their roles - so will push things in their roles to gain their bonuses for the next night out!!

Have just visited various MySpace and BeBo sites. I can tell you I have printed a few of these off for my court file so that should the time come when these shysters attempt to tell m'lud they are professional, caring highly skilled at dealing with people with serious life events de dah, de dah, de dah I can show these little darlings, average age 19, average attention span...a flea.

Lots of favourite quotes...can we repeat them on here? Actually the language would make a merchant navy stoker blush and as for the amount of drink not to mention narcotics!!!! Class company, quality staff.

Have just visited various MySpace and BeBo sites. I can tell you I have printed a few of these off for my court file so that should the time come when these shysters attempt to tell m'lud they are professional, caring highly skilled at dealing with people with serious life events de dah, de dah, de dah I can show these little darlings, average age 19, average attention span...a flea.

Lots of favourite quotes...can we repeat them on here? Actually the language would make a merchant navy stoker blush and as for the amount of drink not to mention narcotics!!!! Class company, quality staff.

I'll bet the poor little darlings will wonder why they've had so many visits to their sites :D

Not exactly a company who recruit the best are they? Seems to be they all deserve awards :D

And I have now decided to rechristen this illustrious company as Chavot.:D

I think this just about reflects their standing. Welcome to the Big Brother Generation

Wonder how many of their "ahem" employees have been asked to withdraw their work details from these sites. There must be stuff on YouTube too. Good job we kept copies. Good work SeaHoss.

They are still recruiting for the infamous "team leader" positions..... I am not quite buying you get that much money for being sympathetic and ethical ;)

CV-library.co.uk - UK jobs, Careers, Recruitment

They must be snowed under with applicants to be employing the nice people they are in these positions ?? (I think not)

I think we are missing the point here. What I think it proves is, they are staffed by normal human beings, with faults just like the rest of us. Can we all honestly say we didn't have a bit of a wild time in our youth?

And so it's not their fault they have been lured by the bright lights and relatively high wages. I'd probably have done the same in their position at that age. So who do I blame? Well, Cabot HR department springs to mind. They obviously select their staff by a certain criteria, and as young school leavers, usually very bright, can be conned into accepting positions like this where the question of ethics is probably not even a part of the interview process, I know who I blame.

Ah ha, wonder whats rumbled them today! ha ha :D

In terms of the emloyees, I wasn't blaming anyone just astonished at the amount they get paid for what little they actually appear to do. I think they ALL have their part to play in this, they may well have been niave when they took on the jobs and they may well be young and I don't blame them for going for a well paid job but the fact is they MUST know by now that they are dealing in other peoples missery. I have never had a good experience speaking to a Cabot staff member on the phone (they have been vile and bullying) and although some may hate it (maybe they can't hit the targets!), others don't, in fact, I see one of the lads wants to be a 'team leader' so he must get some job satisfaction out of making other peoples life hell.

I don't think they have any empathy for the consumer or the consequences of what they are doing on the average person. They would do well to image themseleves or a family member in a similar situation & at least try and help people.

(;) sorry.... started to get into a rant there, CABOT aghhhhhhhh!!!!)

£25-£27k plus bonus for an 18-year-old straight out of school, no degree, no quals as such. It's pretty good going. I would love to know what the turnover rate for staff is for I suspect that they are lured by the bright lights/cash what 18-year-old wouldn't be? But I would hazard a guess that the majority of them drop out and find something else to do...something that means they can sleep at night. And those that don't well as Donel says they must really enjoy it...man's inhumanity to man and all that.

Chavot's MIBs still in action on your blog SH?

Ah ha, wonder whats rumbled them today! ha ha

I don't think they have any empathy for the consumer or the consequences of what they are doing on the average person. They would do well to image themseleves or a family member in a similar situation at at least try and help people.

It is the nature of the job in Credit, especially consumer credit. Bit like Liquidators, if you've ever been on the wrong side of one of those, you'd know what misery really is. Consumer credit and debt is a job. As far as these guys are concerned they're probably told people owe the money and if you owe money, you are going to have to pay it back to someone, so they get put on a bonus scheme to encourage them and when you are young - it's a job and the bonus will get you a bit of fun out of life so it becomes, like a nurse in the operating theatre looking at a body being operated on - just a job. If they got emotional about the subject matter these jobs would never be done.

Also, in fairness to Cabot staff ( what am I saying? :o ), I can't imagine anyone at 18 yrs getting £25-27 k for a team leader job. It's unlikely they'd be given that kind of job unless they had good management skills and at 18 - not many would. Some maybe, but not many.

I can genuinely see all sides of this topic. YES at that age £25k is WOW!!! who wouldn't love that type of wage. I am sure most of us could do it? till a point where the realisation of what is being done kicks in ?

It just seems such a high wage in comparison to wages of say Nurses, Teachers, who are graduates who are doing a job out of caring for people.

I just feel these youngsters don't have the necessary "life" skills to understand the problems they are dealing with - people lives & misery isn't something these people yet have examples or experience of etc.. - it's the targets that make the work so agressive etc..

I wonder how differently the customers would respond to a more experienced team who have had problems, genuinely listen and have empathy and understanding of the issues involved? I am sure for many of us the aggressive attitudes we are met with is a real turn off and enough to make any of us dig heels in?

I do wonder if an different more "life experienced" team would yeild better results through listening and understanding peoples problems - rather than the gung ho don't give a ****e attitudes currently shown.

I am all for youngsters reaching for better in life (I have two sons similar ages myself) - I just feel that some roles are more successful when held by an appropriately experienced person where such sensitive problems are being dealt with. But this is a HR team issue not the people who do the jobs. As we all recognise if I was offered that wage packet at that age I'd have done the job and would party too. (for a short time anyway - I'd soon be bored or grow a conscience)