Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a moan at Barclaycard a few weeks ago too. Complained about them selling a debt on that was just fairy stories, only saying they had 6 years worth of statements and nothing else when they somehow managed to send Cabot an application form, no proof of how they arrived at the default amount they did, etc, etc.

So, letter in this morning saying they can't give a full response yet, but wish to resolve the dispute as swiftly as possible, and I should hear by the 10th of December.

Doesn't sound very swift to me. But I'll wait to see what they say before I report THEM to the ICO as well.

Their letter wouldn't have been prompted by my Cabot complaints recently, by any chance????? Might they have been in touch with them recently? Time to SAR Cabot again, I think :D

Their letter wouldn't have been prompted by my Cabot complaints recently, by any chance????? Might they have been in touch with them recently? Time to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Cabot again, I think :D

:D You should know by now that they get CFC withdrawal symptoms if they don't hear from you!! :D

Awww, poor ickle diddims. Still, if they do, they could always try writing to me. That would prompt a response from me.

After I'd picked myself up off the floor, that is. I get the impression they wish the CFC would just go away ;)

Never mind. They should have the CSA's inquiry by now. CSA wrote to tell me they've been in touch. :)

Well, I didn't expect a reply so quickly from Barclaycard. But one came today. :D

Unfortunately, it's to say that "my correspondance has becpme detached from my complaint". Eh? WTF does that mean? I hope it doesn't mean they've dumped my personal info in a bin and accidentally left it out to be picked over by Identity Thieves. I'll know who to blame if someone buys a house in my name.

On second thoughts, that's not very likely. Not since Cabot and RBS have conspired to make me uncreditworthy. :lol:

But anyway, looks like I'll have to send all my stuff off to them again. With a stern warning that a complaint to the FOS and ICO won't be far behind if they don't get their overpaid backsides in gear. ;)

Well, I didn't expect a reply so quickly from Barclaycard. But one came today. :D

Unfortunately, it's to say that "my correspondance has becpme detached from my complaint". Eh? WTF does that mean? I hope it doesn't mean they've dumped my personal info in a bin and accidentally left it out to be picked over by Identity Thieves. I'll know who to blame if someone buys a house in my name.

On second thoughts, that's not very likely. Not since Cabot and RBS have conspired to make me uncreditworthy. :lol:

But anyway, looks like I'll have to send all my stuff off to them again. With a stern warning that a complaint to the FOS and Information Commissioners Office won't be far behind if they don't get their overpaid backsides in gear. ;)

me thinks a little compensation is in order

compensation.jpg have you got any carrier pigeons ???

can i sneak this thread in

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cooperative-bank/89128-mcuth-co-op-pii.html

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

It seems to be quite typical Theo. Cabot never seem to admit they are in the wrong. So eventually it reaches the stage that you can probably forget about them, as they know they won't win in court. Or if their actions are hurting you, such as by their reporting a default where none exists, it seems you need to exhaust their complaints procedure, followed by reporting them where approriate. I'm at that stage, and hoping to avoid having to take them to court. But I suspect that is what it will take.

Welcome to the Club, by the way. Nice to have you on board. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I like it. Don't pull any punches then SH. LOL

He's one of the original Cabot Fan Club - we don't and never will - I think the DCA's are actually beginning to understand that now. :D

Seahorse is a Trojan Horse really and they'd better believe it ;)

He's one of the original Cabot Fan Club - we don't and never will - I think the DCA's are actually beginning to understand that now. :D

Seahorse is a Trojan Horse really and they'd better believe it ;)

One wonders just how much Cabot would like to know who the original members are lol - From small seeds do great things grow ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there

Similar. But if at all possible, even twistier. Cabot may buy with one company and collect with another. But at least they don't go around trying to conceal their place of business, or whatever it is Arrow hope to achieve with their obfuscation.

I have looked into the way that data controllers have to register themselves and have indicated on another thread that they may be forced to do business this way. When these companies register as data controllers they have to state that they will process data to 'purchase debt' and to 'collect debt on behalf of a third party'. I do not think they can process data to collect data they have purchased themselves.

I got this from the IC website. If this is true is it something we can use to our advantage? Or is it something we are ignoring?

Newborn

• Haha 1

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I have looked into the way that data controllers have to register themselves and have indicated on another thread that they may be forced to do business this way. When these companies register as data controllers they have to state that they will process data to 'purchase debt' and to 'collect debt on behalf of a third party'. I do not think they can process data to collect data they have purchased themselves.

I got this from the Information Commissioner website. If this is true is it something we can use to our advantage? Or is it something we are ignoring?

Newborn

In which way would you envisage us using this to our advantage? More minds the merrier ;-)