• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Amazon cease and desist CMS solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I apologise regarding my previous post, I'm just really worried and I was only being cautious. Don't take my vagueness for unwillingness to seek help, it's only out of worry. Please can you let me start over.

My last post in that thread I attached everything and only took out the personal information. I've reattached it here.

- Items ordered to an Amazon hub

- items marked as damaged and returned to Amazon

- This happened a 2 times on more than one account 

- No items delivered to any home addresses

- Amazon solicitors asking for information and to contact to set up repayment

- Other people received same email (2 others)

If there is absolutely anything else I can post to help let me know 

Solicitor (1).pdf

Hello,

No, the tracking showed the item was damaged and being returned to the sender. The Amazon page also showed the item would not be arriving.

Ive attached an image 

IMG-20230219-WA0000~2.pdf

Just to reiterate too -

Nothing was ever sent to my address, any orders that did were successfully delivered. It's only the orders sent to an Amazon hub that were not received by myself.

Amazon have only referenced these orders in the other emails too, which have equated to totals of £8,000 maximum on each account. However, they have inflated the price for some reason to an excess of £70,000 in total 

So -

Account 1 -

X4 items in batch 1

X2 items in batch 2

Account number 2 -

X4 items batch 1

X4 items batch 2

Account 3 -

4 items batch 1

X4 items batch 2

In reply to the question in the previous thread - "If you have done nothing wrong then what on earth are you worried about?"

My concern is the fact that Amazon are saying I owe them an insane amount of money. And this instance has occurred multiple times.

Im just wondering if I should ignore, or reply back and deny all claims. Plus, I don't know if I need to get a solicitor right now, or just wait and see what happens from here 

Edited by ryanwheels

3 hours ago, ryanwheels said:

- This happened a 2 times on more than one account        

"more than one account"?  How many would that be then?

3 hours ago, ryanwheels said:

- Other people received same email (2 others)

How would you know what other people have received?

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I think one question from your last thread is whether you still have any of the computers. 

HB

Presumably the answer to this question is "No.  They were all returned to Amazon"?

Edited by Manxman in exile

Both -

So Amazon sent me a warning email, so I used my partner's account. I also ordered some items via a family members account, again, as the same thing happened with my partner's account (items marked damaged), I didn't want them to get a warning like I did.

I know what other people have received because I know them personally, and they told me they received the same emails.

Again, both emails they received had extremely inflated amounts. Nearly 3x the actual value of the items they said were marked as "returned to sender" but actually received.

And in regards to the response, I am going to tell both other parties involved to reply and explain that they did not order said products, it was myself ordering. As I do not want them to have to deal with this as it's a serious accusation and very high value amount Amazon are claiming for. I have written out my response to send -

Hello,

The claims put forth by the claimant are denied, it is confirmed that the items were sent to an Amazon locker and were marked by Amazon as "damaged and returned to sender" on their internal tracking system. It is also confirmed that it was marked on the Amazon order page as "Item undeliverable", this is why Amazon was contacted for the money to be returned. Evidence of this in the form of screenshots from the Amazon account can be supplied if required.

The claim amount is also denied, this occurance happened twice, totalling around £8000. 

Should I send over my evidence in the email along with this?

In total - 2 other connected accounts 

Despite greater openness from the OP, I'm still struggling to understand what has happened.

One thing I do gather is that there was some issue with items which you purchased on one or two accounts – I'm not sure which – and so in order to circumvent some kind of restriction which was imposed by Amazon, you persuaded other people – possibly members of your family – to purchase items on your behalf and then coincidentally, those items appear to have met exactly the same fate and have disappeared.

Amazon have put two and two together and realised that you were responsible for all of the purchases even if they want on your own account and they are now trying to hold you liable for all those purchases.

In terms of trying to get round Amazon's procedures rather than dealing with the issue, your plan to use other people's accounts was a very unwise idea, to say the least. Big Fail!.

It was absolutely evident that Amazon would realise what was happening and you have simply attracted even more suspicion to yourself, made it even more believable that you are involved in some fraudulent enterprise and of course you have caused problems for your family members all those who agreed to help you.

On this forum, we take you at your word and so you tell us that you have acted completely innocently in all of this and so we will try our best to help you.
However, we need to have a clear understanding of what exactly happened.

Let's try to restrict the story to one item.

• So let's say that you ordered a mobile phone – what date? What value? What address for the delivery?
  •  
  • I understand the mobile phone was delivered to some Amazon locker. (I don't fully understand the system)
  •  
  • You retrieved the phone from the Amazon locker and found that it was damaged – is this correct?
  •  
  • You made arrangements for its return to Amazon – is this correct?
  •  
  • Amazon refund your money. The phone was left in an Amazon locker for collection – we don't know if it was collected but it never arrived with Amazon.
  • They are now claiming that you have dishonestly kept the refund and also kept the phone.

Is this the story?

If it isn't then maybe you could explain in similar, careful, detailed steps, point by point what the story is

Who was the courier in the delivery of the phone to the Amazon locker and then in its retrieval from the Amazon locker apparently to Amazon?

• Like 1

For example for the order on my personal account -

1) Ordered x4 Samsung phones on 23/01 to an Amazon hub (local highstreet shop to me).

Order value £4000

2) Items were marked as "damaged and returning to Amazon". I had not collected.

3) Order page on Amazon showed "Item underliverable"

I can't access these dates as Amazon have closed my account but it was shortly after it was available for collection.

4) contacted Amazon to explain, they said it's being returned back to Amazon, they refunded me.

5) ordered again to the same hub, the exact same issue happened again.

6) Amazon issued a warning 

At no point have I collected said product, tracking showed being returned so I didn't go to collect it.

7) Ordered again to the same hub on my partner's account, same issue occurred again 

The only outcome I can think of is that a driver is doing something with these parcels

Every order showed on the tracking that it was damaged and returning to Amazon.

3 accounts used in total, as they gave a warning on my own account as it occurred twice to me. So I used another account to order  

Amazon logistics, their own courier. I'm assuming that if it was marked as damaged by them then their own courier would go back to collect.

The issue I have now is the Amazon tracking disappears after a few days, so I luckily have a couple of screenshots but I cannot retrieve any additional information anymore 

I'm just thinking about the situation if Amazon do try and take me to court for £70,000+, I don't see what evidence they will have against me to say.

But I assume due to the amount of times it's happened it will be an issue for me - however that would be their only argument in this case if they did try to persist.

Edited by ryanwheels

Why are you ordering so many telephones from Amazon?

I don't know how the locker system works. If somebody goes on to retrieve something from the locker is there some kind of record of it?

Where are these lockers? Do you have direct access or to have to somebody to access it for you?

I was just trying to take advantage of prices on Amazon, I had someone I could have sold it to for around a 10% mark-up

Is not an Amazon locker, it's an actual shop. So a newsagents allows packages to be sent there from Amazon, exactly like a DPD/EVRi drop off/collection point.

You have to physically go and collect the order yourself from the shop 

So that means must be a record of the parcel being picked up – or alternatively not been picked up. Is that correct?

Do you know anybody near you who runs an Amazon locker – not the person involved in this telephone thing – but somebody else whom I explain to you how it works and so you can find out about the kind of records which are kept

Also, you say that other people have been affected in the same way and have received similar letters.

Where are they? Do you know them personally? Can you bring them to this forum?

Do the letters come from the same firm of solicitors?

Correct - refund issued and nothing on the tracking said collected.

Only records kept are with amazon, these places can take hundreds of packages per week so I'm not sure if they can help me. Everything goes through Amazons internal system  

28 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Also, you say that other people have been affected in the same way and have received similar letters.

Where are they? Do you know them personally? Can you bring them to this forum?

Do the letters come from the same firm of solicitors?

I know them personally, I am going to get them to reply back to the email to say they did not make the order and that it was myself, so it's only me involved in this situation. 

Same firm of solicitors, same letter sent word for word 

Don't get people writing letters yet.

I had understood that you were aware of other people not related to your own purchases. Not related to your alternative accounts who were experiencing the same problem. Is this correct?

just type in the box 

no need to keep hitting QUOTE everytime.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

I suggest that you advise the others not to react or respond to any letters for the moment but to keep us informed as to anything which you receive.

Also I suggest that you apologise to these people for involving them in such a ridiculous way. The whole thing was calculated to invite suspicion and even to create a suspicion that they themselves are willingly implicated in some fraudulent behaviour.

You haven't done anybody any favours here.

I suggest that you reply to the solicitors

Subject Access Request

Thank you for your letter of XXX, reference number XXX

It would certainly appear that a crime may have been committed but if it has then I can assure you that I'm not the perpetrator and furthermore it is most likely that it is your clients Amazon who are the victims.

If you agree that your clients are the victims of a crime then you should inform the police and without any further delay.
It is my view that as solicitors and officers of the court, that you have a clear duty to do so.

If you believe that I have been involved in some fraudulent behaviour then you should certainly inform the police and once again I believe that you have a duty to do so. You should inform them that I am happy to assist them in any way or even go to a police station at a time to be agreed between us in order to present myself to be arrested.

In the meantime, the letter you have written to me on XXX date seems to contain wild and generalised accusations. I would be grateful if you would respond to me and particularise the allegation so that we can all have a clearer picture of what you believe I may have done.

Finally, please treat this letter as my formal subject access request to your clients for disclosure of my personal data.

In case you are not aware, your clients have 30 days to respond to this statutory request made under the Data Protection Act.

For the avoidance of doubt, this statutory disclosure must include all Amazon locker records including the times at which the Amazon items in question arrived at the locker and the dates and times and other evidence relating to the retrieval by me and subsequent deposit by me of the items which you say have gone astray.

Finally, although you have marked your letter "private and confidential" I'm not bound by any duty of confidentiality which you are attempting unilaterally to impose upon me.
I think we need to get that straight.

Yours faithfully

Have a look at the above suggested letter. If there is anything wrong let me know. If there is anything you want to add or take away then let me know.

Let us know if you're going to send it. I suggest that you send it straightaway both by email and also by first class post

Believe me, it's all I can think about in terms of getting them involved in which I have expressed to both individuals. Im more than happy to take this on myself, I just wish that they were not implicated, which is too late now.

I really appreciate you writing that out for me and aiding in the matter.

That goes for everyone in this thread - thank you 

I will reply back with what you have written out imminently 

And make sure you understand what it all means.

We have loads of people simply copying and pasting and have no idea what they are doing.

I have had a sudden thought and I would like to see the other letters which have been sent to your friends please .

Please upload them in PDF format and no silly redaction other than contact details

i seriously doubt the courier was amazon logistics or WHY

9/10 its evri dhl etc etc - you need this info in each case

who decided they were damaged and returned them to amazon? 

where is the proof....

you most certainly didnt see any of them damaged but, quite rightly? got your moneyback.

courier stealing them all?

bet they know what is in each amazon box by some code,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Amazon don't normally allow high value items to be delivered to a delivery hub shop. The items have to be delivered to a residential or business address where the person ordering can confirm receipt. 

I ordered an item, where it had to be delivered to my home address and I was issued with a security code that I had to provide the courier driver.

And where I have had items delivered to an Amazon Hub Shop, I have had to show photo ID to collect and the shop has a device to electronically confirm the item was collected. And within minutes of collection, I received emails and text to confirm it had been collected.

Amazon only allows a few days for people to collect items from hub shops.  They send emails and texts to confirm the date/time that the order must be collected or the items will be returned to Amazon.

So this all sounds a bit strange and hopefully a subject access request for all of the orders will reveal what happened with each order.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread