• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

No, not just for Lloyds. Its particularly relevant to Lloyds, Abbey, Barclays and Natwest becouse they are the main and worst culprets - but they are all doing it, so yes it will most certainly not do any harm.

Amend to suit, obviously.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

When filling in AQ am I better off typing it out on an AQ template or hand writing the form issued by the cout? where can I find this template and if there is not enough room in the section G box to fit in all the contents of your template, can I send a seperate attached sheet. if I did not send a schedule of charges with my POC should I send one with my AQ and Draft Order for Directions request? and do I send a copy AQ and DO tonYB's Solicitor - Kirstie Ann Ross, Thanks in advance x

Wow. That's a lot of questions!

(1) Hand writing the form issued by the court is fine, even expected. Don't worry a bit about that.

(2) The draft order is found on one the links on this thread (#2!). Copy and paste it into word and edit it with your details. Hand-written is also ok at a push.

(3) You are correct, there is not enough room in section G of the N149, so enter "Please see attached Draft Order for Directions". Remember to attach it!

(4) The Court don't need the Schedule yet. Send the Solicitors another up to date one if you wish. Send it with their copy of the AQ+DO - save postage!

(5) Send a copy AQ+DO to the bank's Solicitor, keep a copy yourself. Send original AQ+DO to the court, by the date specified, with the **required fee**. Add the fee to the amount you want back.

(6) Read this thread! Again! Then read about Court Bundles. Maybe ...

Good luck!

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Thanks Todge for the advice, did what you said and sent both court and banks solcitor all the documents you told me to. Posted them today so watch this space, have to say this is playing havoc with my nerves! Once again thanks its a good job I have somewhere to go to ask questions or I'd be way out of my depth...

The Abbey

I delivered the AQ and fee to the courts with all required documents as instructed here. Sent copy to Bank too.

Its been 10 days now and I've heard nothing. They have 14 days to reply dont they?

What can I expect to happen now?

My wifes convinced we wont get a dime of our charges back (£3090)...I'm starting to believe her beneath my outward confidence...we've never been the type to be smiled on by fate:)

Trust me, fate does not come into it.;)

No, Abbey do not respond to your AQ, your waiting on the court to allocate your claim and issue directions. Could be anytime between now and 6 weeks depending on the court.

The Abbey

I delivered the AQ and fee to the courts with all required documents as instructed here. Sent copy to Bank too.

Its been 10 days now and I've heard nothing. They have 14 days to reply dont they?

What can I expect to happen now?

My wifes convinced we wont get a dime of our charges back (£3090)...I'm starting to believe her beneath my outward confidence...we've never been the type to be smiled on by fate:)

The best way to satisfy yourself that you will win is to take a look in the settled claims of Abbey, you just have to read all the cases that have won and you will see that there has been many. Abbey and Cahoot successes , the more you read the more you will satisfy yourself that you can win.

DS

Hi

i am in the process of filling out my N150 AQ for barclays which is due at court tomorrow (eek) just a couple of questions to make sure i am doing this right.

Witnesses : do i include my details here and if so, what on earth do i write under 'Witness to which facts?'

F- Proposed Directions section where it says' have u attatched a list of the directions you think appropriate for the management of this claim?

to check i attatch this:

Draft Order for Directions

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

• a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

• b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

2. The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

• a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

• b) Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

• c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

• d) If such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Defendant's loss incurred by the Claimant's actions then facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable.

• e) Any witness statements.

• f) Copies of decided cases and other legal

It also says 'have these directions been agreed with the other parties? -

i dont understand this question!!

H- Other information

to check here i write: the paragraph about asking for it to go to the smalls claim track and the bit about standard disclosure?

it also asks here if i have sent these documents to the other parties. i was going to send them tomorrow, after i have submitted them to court so do i tick yes? oh eek it also askes 'if yes, when did they recieve them?? i dont know the answer to that i aint sent them yet!

and finally, i take the completed AQ with the draft direction thing attached to court and no other documents, is that right? and post the same to Barclays?

Many thanks

Hi littlebea,

You are a witness, to "all facts and matters relevant to this claim."

Section F, yes, you tick the box and attach the draft order as posted. No, they've not been agreed with the other party.

Section H, there's a template for other info at the bottom of post #3 -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html#post482192

Sorted?

Yeah I know what you mean, I think this thread must be on about page 3032 by now. It feels like it is anyway!:)

There's a condensed version here if its any use -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

Takes a deep breath and decides to post....My feelings are leave the court alone and keep nudging the banks solicitor, the court will have nothing to do with the settlement of your claim in the end so why give them extra work.

The Draft order was a nice idea and well written but even when we had AQ's very rarely got used by the District Judges. I think in our present climate the draft order could be seen as presumptuous because we don’t know what each local court and each local District Judge is intending to do. We and the process has moved on and we need to look at what each District Judge wants us to do and do it.

We have threads showing a District Judge dispensing with 77 cases in one day, from the look of it all but one paid in full and one of them was worth £12000. This is what we need, someone who grabs the situation by the scruff of the neck and settles it but you don’t want to upset a guy like that.

pete

Continually "Nudging" the banks solicitor is not something I'd ever reccommend. It may be effective against HSBC, I've no idea, but against banks who fight dirty like Lloyds or Barclays or Abbey the more you nudge the further down the pile you go. This is patently obvious from a number of threads where the chasers always seem to get paid last.

Not sure what you mean by leave the court alone? Its a perfectly normal part of allocation procedure to propose case management directions on the AQ. There is actually a specific CPR referring to it. Are you suggesting that we should not request an order which obliges the banks to disclose their costs?

FWIW I don't personally suggest sending it without the AQ if its been dispensed with.

I think in our present climate the draft order could be seen as presumptuous because we don’t know what each local court and each local District Judge is intending to do. We and the process has moved on and we need to look at what each District Judge wants us to do and do it.

Sorry, you've lost me.:confused:

Handed in AQ form etc at the court office and asked about reclaiming £100 AQ fee - told I needed to mention this at the hearing. Do I need to include a note in with the AQ form I am sending to Miss Ross saying I am claiming a further £100 court costs.

Good luck to one and all..

Trust me, fate does not come into it.;)

No, Abbey do not respond to your AQ, your waiting on the court to allocate your claim and issue directions. Could be anytime between now and 6 weeks depending on the court.

The best way to satisfy yourself that you will win is to take a look in the settled claims of Abbey, you just have to read all the cases that have won and you will see that there has been many. Abbey and Cahoot successes , the more you read the more you will satisfy yourself that you can win.

DS

Thanks guys. Just the jitters I suppose:|

Handed in AQ form etc at the court office and asked about reclaiming £100 AQ fee - told I needed to mention this at the hearing. Do I need to include a note in with the AQ form I am sending to Miss Ross saying I am claiming a further £100 court costs.

Good luck to one and all..

No, not really. It'll be included in any settlement just as the issue fee's are. If they "overlook" it you should insist its paid before you discontinue the claim. They'll pay it, don't worry about that!

I get so confused by the different views people have. One thread says to send in your draft order for directions - another says don't as it may be seen as presumptuous - one says nudge the solicitors, another says don't as they will put you further down the pile. I worry that things will get so messed up I will be struck out in the end.

I received my notice of transfer....AQ dispensed with on the 17th April - nothing from the court or abbey since. I sent the draft order as per the threads I have read on here.....no response to that. Was just thinking about sending a nudge to abbey's solicitors but now read that is not advised? I have phoned the court twice (last yesterday) to be told that my papers are still with the District Judge in Guilford - my local court is Epsom.

My worry is that I am having my right arm operated on this Thursday - once that is done my arm is out of action for six weeks. If papers come through with a two week deadline - I'm stuck.

HeeeeeLP!!!!!!

The advise from this site is to propose the draft directions. Disclosure is our biggest weapon against the banks, and without a shadow of a doubt we should seek to impliment it wherever possible. The true costs of the banks charging regime is the absolute crux upon which all of these claims rest.

Still not sure quite what Pete meant by "presumptious", but I think he may perhaps have the wrong end of the stick somewhere along the line!

Its your claim, you need to conduct it however you see fit. Get a feel for how your bank operate by reading a few of the threads in the forum. If they are responsive to communication as HSBC seem to be then by all means send a nudge letter. If, on the other hand they are totally intransigent like Lloyds, then I really would'nt bother.

Ah, I see its Abbey. Well in that case they won't pay or communicate until very near the court date. If you want to send a nudge letter anyway though then thats fine, I'm not saying it'll necessarily harm your case. Although that said, there is a pattern I've noticed with Lloyds where the claimants who continually phone or write seem to get delayed more than most. Some banks only game plan is to frustrate. If they see its working they will do it even more!

Do you know someone who'll prepare your documents for you? Or why not get the majority of it done now, then get someone to send it when the order comes through after adding to it if necessary?

Thanks for that GaryH - I have read so many threads my brain is in overload. I've been through all the Abbey cases and some seem to get offers early on, some like myself are strung out as long as possible. It was a bit confusing coming here after taking much of my early direction from MSE, which I realise now wasn't great as there are things I can see I did wrong.

I have never sent in a summary of charges to the court and the only one Abbey has ever had is the initial one MSE say to send with your first letter. (I had already filed with MCOL before I found this site.) I noticed after going through the statements that I had missed out almost £500 worth of charges (thought you could only claim above £12 charges), but also miscalculated interest based on MSE advice. Don't know what to do about that now - was going to file an N244 amendment but cannot now the papers are with the district judge.

I have pretty much everything I need for a court bundle already on my computer but obviously don't want to jump the gun printing out that much stuff. Also, would you advise putting in a bit about Section 32 of the Limitation Act 1980 as I know Abbey queried in their defence that I was claiming over six years - I did that because when I first applied for copies of my statements it was last year - they messed me about so long it was three or four months before I was sent them and then another four weeks before the rest arrived.

I have sent my allocation questionnaire to court and copy to capital one. I have not accepted their offer of payment as it falls £1,000 short and they are trying to pay me for purchase interest and not CCI. They have tried to repay my credit card and have sent me a cheque, I have written to them returning cheque and confirming I have not accepted the amount paid on my card either verbally or in writing so could they please take the funds back. Now this morning I have received a copy of their allocation questionnaire and they state in G Other Information, that they have refunded me full amount of fees, court fee, 8% interest and purchase interest. Now to my mind this is neither fact or truth. They know I have not accepted this and they have been in receipt of my returned cheque for 4 days so this claim has not been paid. Any advice please.

i have sent my AQ with draft order.

in the draft order it say sthat the claiment will send within 14 days.

do i need to send any thing now to the court or do i just wait for them to reply.

thanks