paying back benefits fraud

ratlet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for two and a half years

with three government debts

jobs seekers not only forced me to pay all three off at the same time instead of their policy stating only one at a time

informed they were going to take 100% of my claim leaving me with nothing to pay my bills or rent or live,

we knew from their insider policies this was wrong but they wouldn't budge.

I had been helping out caring to get my allowable £20 but when they took all my claim i asked for more care work and got given cash in hand to help get me through.

seven years on someone has dobbed me in.

i am a single dad with child responsibilities if i had declared the earnings i would have lost all of it minus the £20.

I now owe back to dwp £6750.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT REPLIES TO PLEASE

How am i allowed, or in what ways can i pay back extra to what they want to take leaving me with nothing for 20 years

without any extra payments being counted as income and loosing nearly all of it,

this is such an unfair situation brought about by their failings.

I have expressed the mitigating circumstances but they are not interested 

Thank you for your help and advice.

send them an sar.... make them PROVE they have the data.

its not fraud.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Contact benefits advice services such as Christians against poverty or Citizens Advice. DWP can only apply deductions that are in line with legislation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they have data of all cash paid as the family whose relative i cared for presented it when they presumably called it in, i have no means of knowing if its correct as it was cash in hand.

It was fraud because i received cash in hand wages over my allowable £20 and didn't declare it as they took 100% of my benefits and left me with nothing to live on.

i need to get this debt off my back so i can move on and get off benefits but i want to know how to pay extra without the extra being counted as income and lose 60p in the £

Send them a SAR, its free.

Then you can start making informed decisions on how to move forward.

Who has used the word fraud? You or the DWP?

As has already been mentioned, you can ONLY pay what legislation will allow.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

what is a SAR 

they have termed it fraud because i didn't declare cash earnings

what does legislation allow

yes it was under the job seekers i was allowed to earn a max of £20 a week if declared, but i was paying three gov debts, it should have been only one so they took 100% of my claim and gave me nothing whatsoever to live on, this will happen again now as i only get £45 and they will take way more than that. i am now under uc

so for every £1 i earn they take something like 60p so if i sell stuff or ask friends to help if i pay back extra they might or will take it as earnings

When they put a figure on what i have to pay back it will mean it they will remove the rent support, and my £45 which i need as fuel to do my job as a carer to pay the rest of my rent.

as i previously owed rent, i am under a pay your rent on time or get evicted by the end of the week,
can someone else pay money to me for my rent and me not trigger an investigation as to where i got my money from who is supporting me, you understand why this is so scary.

told you to send an sar in post 2.

its no good speculating  about things.

find out what actual PROOF they have you owe anything at all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you

what does the legislation allow them to take

how much savings or givings from people does uc allow

at what point can they say someone is being supported by someone else and therefore doesn't need support

why do you think its not fraud as that effects how much they can take

how do i force them to take the mitigation reasoning into account as it was their fault they wrongly took all my claim and left me with nothing

i get £45 to live on and part of my rent paid, my wages pay the rest of the rent, i need the £45 to put fuel in to work so i can pay the rest of my rent, if they take anything they will effectively stop me working so i wont have any money to pay my rent so will be homeless within the week

Click on link above. Scroll down to section 4 maximum amount, where it states that 40% deduction from standard benefit Personal allowance can be made.

If this puts you in a hardship position, contact National Debtline about Breathing Space scheme.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thank you,

during the time that i was on job seekers they decided they were allowed to take 100% of my claim to pay three outstanding gov debts, i told them they were only allowed to take 40% and pay off one at a time, i said they were wrong and had the evidence, for two years they ignored and carried on until i had paid all three off. I had no money whats so ever for anything so i did some extra work cash in hand so i could pay my bills.

How do i force them to take this mitigating circumstances and re consider the amount owing?  As if fact they should be owing me money back due to their bullying tactics, this was the reason i had to do the cash in hand work because of them failing me.

they don't seem to want to pay my rent or give me any money to live on  so i cant put fuel in my car to go to work, its all held until i find the full money i owe. They don't want to consider any mitigating circumstances that it was their fault, they just say cough up, i will have no house or job.

no further forward,

they have stopped everything

no rent

no payments

nothing to live on,

will have no house and job, its like they are doing nothing until i find £6720 and pay.

I have informed them i have an eviction letter and am losing my job but their gods are obviously working too slowly to care.

Have you been asked to supply missing information to a DWP Compliance Officer and been advised that benefits would be suspended until the information has been received ?

If not, can only suggest that you submit a complaint.   

WWW.GOV.UK

How to complain about the service you get from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or from an organisation that provides its services.

does anyone know

having had my benefits have been withheld for six weeks whilst they decide,

do they have to pay my rent or let me just be evicted,

they are saying they have no responsibility to cover my rent whilst they are investigating

i am now £1000 in arrears and will get evicted.

@ratlet

Sounds like your entitlement to benefits is subject to investigation. The outcome may be that you did not have any entitlement or reduced entitlement for a period.

If you have previously had contact details for the compliance officer that handled the issues with your claim, then see if you can contact them.

You could contact your local Council authority and ask for their help while you are waiting for DWP to issue their response.  Councils have welfare grants available subject to application.