Shock disciplinary meeting with no notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ask if they will pay you 2 months pay to leave now. They save a month, you're free.

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I went better and asked them to pay me 1 month and any leave due.  This was at the beginning of the week and nothing back.

I have found out this evening that they have replaced the secretary who left today (leaving secretary told me) apparently all staff know except me 🤬.

I will be chasing up partner again tomorrow but is there anything else I can do to force the issue, it doesn't seem right or professional!!!

Thanks again guys   

Don't rule out possibility that the line manager that caused the original clash, has been telling others about your unprofessional behaviours etc. So you are now seen in a different light.

If this is the case they may just decide to pay you the month plus any leave owed and tell you that you can service notice period at home.

I have come across some odd characters in work places who will tell porkies to achieve what they want and you may be unfortunate to have come into contact with someone like this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You are spot on unclebulgaria67.  I got an email form director this morning to say they were happy to agree  to reduce my notice period and I am on garden leave for next 3 weeks 🙂.  

Within hour of that email my laptop was shut off and all equipment collected from my home.  Felt like it was me who had done something wrong but I understand this is common practice.

Just one last thing before I leave you guys alone.  I mentioned this morning to HR lady when I was handing over passwords that I may spend a week or so with my sister who is abroad to get some head space.  She text me earlier saying she was jealous blah blah and had I booked a flight.  ( i havent) 

I then get my letter confirming dates etc for garden leave with a paragraph stressing that if I book a holiday I am in breach of the terms of my contract of employment ! My contract has no " gardening leave" clause and the handbook makes no reference to gardening leave. 

Are they being petty or is this an implied term when you are on garden leave.  Would have loved to go away for few weeks if flight prices were not so horrendous 😫 and don't want to rock boat when I got outcome I am happy with 

Thank you again 

On garden leave you should be available to come in and answer any queries so no holiday is standard.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 4 weeks later...

So, just a quicky.  Garden leave has gone smoothly and I start new job next week.

However, on Friday evening I received a couple of very abrupt text messages from the partner who runs the department I used to work in regarding a file which I started off but then transferred to another fee earner 11 months ago. 

I have had no dealings with this file since however client has made a complaint and partner is asking me to provide details of things I have no knowledge of.  After 11 months she is actually asking where the file is and where certain documents are !!  (the case has been completed so the fee earner dealing has clearly been able to progress the case) 

I understand I have to be helpful as I am still employed but I want to be careful how I respond as I have no information or knowledge 😕  

No.  I just wanted to be careful with what I said.  Was going to say that without adding anything except that I was surprised it has taken 10 months for fee earner to question where file was.  Maybe that part is not a good idea and just keep it simple ! 

I agree with @honeybee13

In situations like this best to keep expressions of surprise or emotions out of your reply and stick politely to the facts.

Something along these lines maybe? "I passed the whole file over to XXX when they took over the case from me in mm/yyyy and I'm afraid I don't know where it is now. I do not have any of the documents you mention.  Sorry I am unable to help".  Adapt it for whatever your client/file handover procedure was.

There may be further developments on this though if the client's complaint covers periods when you were handling the case.  You may be asked for what you remeber about certain events or what documents in the file mean.

Thanks.  Yes i have gone back and more or less said what you advised.  TBH I am really surprised the case is still ongoing after all this time as it was a straight forward case but I will see if they come back to me.