• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC online statements?

Ian Appleby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to work out how much i can claim back,but with the online banking statements.You dont have the breakdown of (total charges),which are for Acivity/Debit interest and exceeding your overdraft.I can itemise the (charges) online,because they have the breakdown e.g reversal of direct debit etc.Does this mean i will have to send off the data protection act letter,so i can itemise everything on my schedule of charges?.I have quite a lot of charges for exceeding my overdraft,my total charges come to more than the charges for reversals.Please help

Ian

I just went through the whole lot and when ever i came across the word charge i added to the list, mostly the charges were on the 17th of each month but the further back i went the closer i had to study as they used to charge the same day the reversal was done. when i finished i just added each year then the month underneath followed by the amount to the template like this

Dear Sirs

Penalty & unfair charges – request for refund for . SORT. . ACC. Total £1000

Year 2001.. Year 2003 Year 2005

January £83 January £30 February £13

March £27.50 March £30 March £60

October £27.50 April £20

November £12 May £20

Year 2004 June £20

Year 2002 June £36 July £40

January £27.50 August £54 September £16

April £30 September £72 October £40

May £120 November £100

June £93.50

August £12

October £90

November £67.50

0n 5 April 2006 the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) announced that default charges which blah blah then emailed it to them !

Hi eggy,didnt you itemise your schedule of charges though?.I was told to itemise everything seperatly eg, charge £10.00, date 12 dec,description reversal of standing order.What did you put in the desription part of the spreadsheet for the total charges?.

Ian

I use a different template than the one here, i itemised the first one i sent of with specific dates but the next 3 i sent just the month total and they did not question it just refunded the money. 1st for £275 2nd 3rd and 4th for smaller amounts and they just paid up. I may not get it that easy this time as its for £1000 and they are booting me out there bank. I would say to you follow what they tell you here and disregard what im doing, date each one to be on the safe side

ian, i know this is probably too simplified for a lot of people - but i wrote it to help some people who were struggling to come to grips with overdraft interest. so, i'm going to send it along - if it helps, fine - if not - no damage done - on the s/s if they call it total charges, you call it total charges. forgive the cut and paste - here it is:

ok, take it from the top. you have all your statements for the last six years, right. go through them and mark all the charges: Charges description on statements - Please Read this is the list of charges you can claim for. now, next to those charges there is often an debit for "interest". so, as you are marking all the charges, mark all the interest items as well. look at everything with a DR next to it, if it is on the list in the link, mark it, and all the interest with DR next to them.

then, go to:6. Interest calculation spreadsheets go on England, Advanced - Works (or excel) to get the spreadsheet. now, at the bottom, click on Charges & Interest. this will bring up a blue and yellow spreadsheet.

start with the oldest item marked on your statements and start entering them, the date listed on the statement, next column the charge - just call it exactly what the bank called it and next column put in the amount.

when you come to an interest one, move tab to the right hand side and put in the date, the interest, the balance at that point (here i will tell you that if the balance is in the minus numbers, a portion of the interest will go onto the spreadsheet - if you are not in negative balance - nothing of that interest will be added - so you will only see an amount come up if you have a negative balance at that point). as for the agreed o/d amt.

"you only fill in that column if your overdraft was interest free, - leave it blank otherwise. to find out if it was interest free (which is unusual) simply look back to see if you were charged interest when you were in overdraft but within your overdraft limit."

(i left it blank - i'm using bong's words here as i never understood it until she wrote that)

proceed through your statements from the oldest to the newest adding on all the charges and interest debits. you will see a total emerging, one on the left side and another on the right side. at the end those are the "you have taken £XXXXX(left side) plus £XXX(right side) which you have charged me in o/d interest.....total £XXXX.

That's about as clear as I can make it - i don't claim to understand it - it just worked for me. This is the information you will need for your prelim. letter and the spreadsheet is your schedule of charges.

more info but not for the prelim. and lba letter:

when you have the spreadsheet done that far, you can click on the 8% button at the bottom and reenter it all again with the date (put a date about 30 days from now - that way, it will be figuring your 8% interest that you can add at the mcol stage at about the same date as you will be filing) it figures the 8% for you based on how many days have elapsed since you incurred the charge. this gives you the 8% interest you will add when you file your mcol.

again, i really never understood what i was doing - just followed the step by step instructions at the top of the site and honestly - the spreadsheet was pretty simple - even for me and i'd never done anything like it before.

good luck with it - you'll soon be ready to send that prelim and you'll be on your way to getting it all back!

hope that helps, ian

so, did you put them on the spreadsheet - calling each entry what they called it. if you are claiming a portion of overdraft interest listed on the statements - then you should be using the advanced. you list the charges on the left and the interest with the date of the interest charge and the balance of your account at the date of the charge on the right side. you then come up with 2 totals - charges + o/d interest = total claim. and yes, a copy of the spreadsheet becomes your breakdown of charges.

HI Lateralus,

Apparently no one has won a claim for these total charges on a business account yet.Have you seen this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/48556-total-charges-we-sure.html

I might hang fire on my business account for the mo,and concerntrate on my personal account.Could you tell me if you claimed compound contractual interest.Can anyone one claim this interest and if so,do you just fill in a spreadsheet that automaticly adds it on.Been trying to find more info on this compound interest,but theres so many threads now and its like looking for something in a bowl of spaghetti :)

yes, i understand your analogy. i did 8% interest, thus my long thread of instructions - i understand some are doing contractual - but i think it has to be asked for from the beginning of the claim - in other words you have to decide up front which you will be asking for. there was a thread called why is no one claiming contractual interest which started it i think and many are better placed to advise you on it. just look around - put cont. inter in the search near the top with user cp.etc. on that line. if you don't get any joy pm bong and i'm sure she can point you in the right direction, she's a clever lass!

Hi Lateralus,

I wonder if you could give me some advice? I downloaded all of my statements online (HSBC) and literally just put down on my spreadsheet CHARGES or TOTAL CHARGES (as that is all that it has on the statements). Now I'm at the stage where I've sent my prelim and lba off (last Friday) and I've heard nothing so far (not that bothered at this stage).

But what does concern me is that I haven't put any charge for interest as I'm really not that bothered as long as they pay me my full charges.

I realise I have to add the 8% at court stage, is that right? Also I plan to go into my local court to file so would they be able to assist me with anything regarding this?

Any help very grateful

Lisa

But what does concern me is that I haven't put any charge for interest as I'm really not that bothered as long as they pay me my full charges

That's fine plenty of people don't claim the overdraft interest on their penalties.

I realise I have to add the 8% at court stage, is that right?

Agian it's not compulsory, but it's money just for the asking

Also I plan to go into my local court to file so would they be able to assist me with anything regarding this?

They are usually v. helpful and will check that the N1 is filled in correctly, but will not give you any legal advice

Hi Michael,

thanks very much for that. I will definately go for the 8% at court stage. To be honest all the technical stuff baffles me. I know everyone else finds it fairly easy but I really don't!

Funnily enough going to Court doesn't bother me one bit, in fact I relish that bit of asking HSBC why they've floored me financially whilst trying to tell me they've helped me out more than anyone else would have done (manged loan etc).

I do really appreciate all your help, I just didn't want to mess up at this stage.

Lisa

Hi Lateralus,

Are there a lot of people being sucessful claiming contractual compound interest?.If so how do you decide which spreadsheet to use compound or contractual.Would you happen to know the Hsbc interest rate for this is it 15.9%?.Sorry to bombard you with all this,but any help i thank you for.

Ian

i don't know anything about it (except you would need to use the advanced s/s.

here's one more thread:Bong v HSBC *Contractual Interest & 13yr claim* (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

let me introduce you to bong - she is one knowledgable lady - ask her your questions on her thread and you will get answers.

lisa, so are you ok with figuring the 8% interest for the claim? you will need to use the simple s preadsheet to figure it as it calculates the interest from the date of each charge.

Cheers Lateralus, I just assumed you put the 8% on the whole figure at the end, That's sounds wrong now doesn't it?

Lisa

I just assumed you put the 8% on the whole figure at the end, That's sounds wrong now doesn't it?

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

• Haha 1

Now I'm totally confused! I've just been on Vampires spreadsheets and I don't even know which spreadsheet to use. I tried the 'from claim date with statutory interest' and the interest once I'd input all of my figures came out as 29,000 ish! Help!

I am such a novice at this, I'm barely able to get on this site without problems!

I've got a feeling everything I've done so far has been a complete waste as it must be all wrong.

Lisa